So they took an extra week

To do nothing but nerf hangman's trick? Edit: they also nerfed gearhead because yeah it totally needed a nerf

Not like make deathslinger 115% or buff his power like a lot of people were suggesting?

I thought you guys decided to wait another week so you could change stuff but really 1 perk was changed to be made useless?

At least the map looks cool

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Were you surprised? That's kinda been apart of the BHVR playbook for years now.

  • Didin't they fix the new map problem? If I'm not crazy there was some kind of invisible wall somewhere.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Were you surprised? That's kinda been apart of the BHVR playbook for years now.

    I and many other thought this meant they could have more time to change stuff from the ptb instead of doing it on a hotfix

  • Redesigned Breakable Walls

    Added & Recorded Zarinas Audio

    Made Sabo Proc When Tapping A Hook

    Decreased Wiggle Percentage On Drop

    Changed Shack breakable wall


    and from what I can tell, there hasn't been a major bug pop up yet.

  • I mean, I see way more stuff in the bug fixes part than there usually is, probably thanks to the extra week.

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1149955#Comment_1149955

    I and many other thought this meant they could have more time to change stuff from the ptb instead of doing it on a hotfix

    That is an assumption you made - a reasonable assumption, but an assumption nonetheless. You can't fairly blame the devs for that. And as Senzu pointed out, there were several significant things that were changed. Not to mention, we don't know what kind of gamebreaking bugs got found and fixed during that week that would otherwise have made it through to the live patch.

  • I understand the extra week is to fix bugs

    But why nerf gearhead when it is the only mediocre perk in this chapter for killer.

  • If Deathslinger was 115 movement, then his terror radius would be increased to 32 to compensate. This would be WORSE for him, since his chain would have way less effective range.

  • I find it funny how some people in this game consider something that's not broken OP "useless".

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    If Deathslinger was 115 movement, then his terror radius would be increased to 32 to compensate. This would be WORSE for him, since his chain would have way less effective range.

    100% agree, I think they should buff his harpoon gun instead of just increasing his movement speed... Because imo his gun is very unforgiving if you miss, without addons of course...

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150132#Comment_1150132

    100% agree, I think they should buff his harpoon gun instead of just increasing his movement speed... Because imo his gun is very unforgiving if you miss, without addons of course...

    Probably increase the reel in speed, and reduce the amount of survivor control over the chain. You have a frigging HARPOON lodged into your chest! I don't think that anyone is going to be playing tug-o-war with a superhuman with that in their chest cavity.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    If Deathslinger was 115 movement, then his terror radius would be increased to 32 to compensate. This would be WORSE for him, since his chain would have way less effective range.

    They can make 115 killers without a 32m tr

  • They CAN but they won't. Killers are almost formulaic at this point in that regard.

  • This should not be surprising.

    The devs have a history of being biased.

  • They should increase the range. Limited range means the skill cap is limited. Also, buff the chain duration to promote better play

  • @Seanzu said:

    Redesigned Breakable Walls

    Added & Recorded Zarinas Audio

    Made Sabo Proc When Tapping A Hook

    Decreased Wiggle Percentage On Drop

    Changed Shack breakable wall

    and from what I can tell, there hasn't been a major bug pop up yet.

    Sorry but what?

    They did this in 1 week?

    When in a dev streamer they confirmed they take at least 6 months before the release to work on the chapter

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1149978#Comment_1149978

    Sorry but what?

    They did this in 1 week?

    When in a dev streamer they confirmed they take at least 6 months before the release to work on the chapter

    As a designer (and therefore having some familiarity with the design process), that seems reasonable to me. I think you might be underestimating the amount of work that goes into these chapters.

  • What was the gearhed nerf?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150404#Comment_1150404

    As a designer (and therefore having some familiarity with the design process), that seems reasonable to me. I think you might be underestimating the amount of work that goes into these chapters.

    I am questioning you what you think they did for 5 months

    Did they do anything related to the dlc? or just worked on the models and nothing else, because by your comment you state they did all that work in 1 week when they had 5 months

  • With that power he can't be 115m speed, deal with it. Adapt and git gud

  • I'm glad they changed where was the breakable wall on shack, but i agree that I expected better changes

    I'm not mad they took a week to be sure nothing really game breaking would come out but yeah

    i guess we will get more balancing of the new perks / Deathslinger in next mid-chapter then

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1149978#Comment_1149978

    Sorry but what?

    They did this in 1 week?

    When in a dev streamer they confirmed they take at least 6 months before the release to work on the chapter

    They also fixed the issue where the new map was Dark AF and patched out various other bugs

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150594#Comment_1150594

    I am questioning you what you think they did for 5 months

    Did they do anything related to the dlc? or just worked on the models and nothing else, because by your comment you state they did all that work in 1 week when they had 5 months

    No? I'm saying considering the amount of work that goes into creating a DLC, the stuff Senzu listed seems like about what one could reasonably get done in a week or two working at that same pace. That wasn't a list of tasks they completed in the six months leading up to the DLC release, it was a list of things they accomplished in between the end of the PTB and the live patch release.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    What was the gearhed nerf?

    Seconds reduced down to 20/25/30 seconds, only applies to good skillchecks now

  • The extra week was probably just a stealth vacation, doubt there was more than an afternoon of actual work done judging from the ptb changes

  • @xChrisx said:

    With that power he can't be 115m speed, deal with it. Adapt and git gud

    Generic Survivor main nice to see you finally showed up