Is Deathslinger historically the worst killer on release?

Noticed every killer for the longest time now was really good on release, to the point of nerfs, ghostface on ptb, legion, who could forget 180 oni. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150496#Comment_1150496

    Nobody said you must chase the same survivor after you shoot them. Injuring a survivor and letting them run away while you chase a different survivor sometimes is more beneficial than just taking down one survivor. Then you're pressuring 2 survivors off gens.

    I mean, if the survivors are wasting time doing thing OTHER than gens and the game is taking longer, then it's a reward. End of discussion. Whether it's top tier or not is a different discussion, but saying that there's literally no reward for hitting your shots is just asinine.

    Every killer can M1 a survivor and than switch targets. I just don't see benefits of landing a shot in the open and pulling a survivor to apply deep wound. Every killer can hit a survivor out in the open. Deep wound appears on Borrow time and purple med kit add-on and these mechanics help the survivor, not hinder it. This is just my opinion, but I seriously think that if deathslinger hits you harpoon, you should get exposed during harpoon effect, but if you break free, the survivor should get rewarded by not getting injured for properly struggling out and counter-playing his power. I could just be blind but I just don't see any benefits and just see drawback,drawback,drawbacks.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152507#Comment_1152507

    Every killer can M1 a survivor and than switch targets. I just don't see benefits of landing a shot in the open and pulling a survivor to apply deep wound. Every killer can hit a survivor out in the open. Deep wound appears on Borrow time and purple med kit add-on and these mechanics help the survivor, not hinder it. This is just my opinion, but I seriously think that if deathslinger hits you harpoon, you should get exposed during harpoon effect, but if you break free, the survivor should get rewarded by not getting injured for properly struggling out and counter-playing his power. I could just be blind but I just don't see any benefits and just see drawback,drawback,drawbacks.

    The pressure of having somebody one hit away from being downed, having somebody waste time by mending, just simply pressuring somebody so they aren't on a gen, are all things that are rewards. The big thing that determines DbD games that I've heard over and over is time. And it's stacked against the killer. So if you're hitting one survivor, moving on to another, hitting them, you're pulling multiple survivors away from gens, and therefore slowing the game down and creating more pressure for you to kill the survivors. It's just inching you closer to your goal while doing the opposite to the survivors.

    I don't really know a lot of better ways to put it. Simplest way I can say it is, any way you can get a survivor to stop working on a generator is good. Even if they end up running really far, mending, and you don't get the down *right then.*

  • I think he just needs an add-on that makes his shot a insta-down once there injured.

  • @andyollolloll said:

    Oni was bad but DemiGordon still is terrible

    Are you ok?

    Demo is mid tier and can be strong with the right build

    Oni is considered higher tier for several reasons


  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152825#Comment_1152825

    The pressure of having somebody one hit away from being downed, having somebody waste time by mending, just simply pressuring somebody so they aren't on a gen, are all things that are rewards. The big thing that determines DbD games that I've heard over and over is time. And it's stacked against the killer. So if you're hitting one survivor, moving on to another, hitting them, you're pulling multiple survivors away from gens, and therefore slowing the game down and creating more pressure for you to kill the survivors. It's just inching you closer to your goal while doing the opposite to the survivors.

    I don't really know a lot of better ways to put it. Simplest way I can say it is, any way you can get a survivor to stop working on a generator is good. Even if they end up running really far, mending, and you don't get the down *right then.*

    Killers need downs, not injuries. everyone can do injuries. that strategy is for stealth killers and Deathslinger is not proper stealth killer.

  • no, hes really fun and I've had an easy time getting 3ks and 4ks. maybe you should change how you're playing him.

1 2 ›