Picking Up Decisive Loses a Kill

As a Killer, you really can't afford to pick up Decisive. The survivor gets TWO chases instead of one and any teammates that were nearby make enough distance that you can't find them.

In a game where getting every hook state counts, you can't afford to make a mistake like that.

If you really feel like tunneling recently unhooked survivors. Slug them quickly and then chase their rescuer. Don't pick them up if there's an obsession on the team because that means there's a good chance DS is in play

Comments

  • Please don't do this. I never run decisive, so I hate it when the killer just leaves me slugged. Maybe I should put it in my username... "no, I don't have decisive".

  • Or you can just go for the rescuer instead of complaining about it here.

  • This is a silly complaint, and yes this is coming from a killer main with 1k hours playing only killer, and only 658 hours as survivor. It's an Anti Tunnel perk for a reason, it almost always ensures that the survivor gets 1 minute of protection after being unhooked from getting tunneled, downed and hooked again. Basic Strategies against it as a killer are to either chase other survivors who haven't been recently unhooked (aka the rescuer for example), tunnel the unhooked survivor to try and get rid of it early in the game (letting the survivor get their second chance knowing they won't be able to later), or leaving the survivor you suspect has DS active slugged until the timer runs out before you pick them up. If they still have DS at the endgame available to them after the gates have opened, then you're SoL if you down them near a gate and just have to let them go, because they are either going to crawl out or DS you and escape anyways.

    Other possible counters include using tracking perks Like Bloodhound, Predator, Nurses calling, Spies from the Shadows, Stridor, etc in order to try and locate the survivor who DS'ed you, Unnerving Presence to make the DS skillcheck harder to hit, good ol' Memento Mori, or Killer abilities to catch back up to them/locate them if you insist upon continuing the chase against the DS user. Not all killers can do the latter, in which case you just have to let them get away and go back to pressuring their teammates knowing that eventually you'll get them again.

    DS has become FAR more balanced than it used to be, wherein a survivor could use it once per game at any time they were downed and picked up with no time limit or hook requirement. This is a major improvement over how it was back then, and makes the perk much less abuse-able. While it can be seen as a crutch perk in the endgame scenario, it's far more likely that it'll be used before then, you'll counter it by either slugging the survivor for a while to waste their and at least one of their teammates time, Try and use perks and abilities to counter it and continue pursuit, or render it's perk slot a moot point by never letting them get to use it because you go after their teammates while its timer runs out, or simply mori them.

    Killers have countermeasures, it's way more balanced than it used to be, and people who hate it should probably spend less energy/time complaining about it, and more learning to deal with it like the rest of us.

  • @Sherry said:

    Please don't do this. I never run decisive, so I hate it when the killer just leaves me slugged. Maybe I should put it in my username... "no, I don't have decisive".

    Then people will do this but actually bring DS and go "haha, get baited baby killer turn bot difficulty up"

  • @Sherry said:

    Please don't do this. I never run decisive, so I hate it when the killer just leaves me slugged. Maybe I should put it in my username... "no, I don't have decisive".

    then they will leave you slugged for sure

  • It is better to tunnel early and eat DS so that you can tunnel later, in my opinion.

  • DS is not a balanced perk. I know it is anti tunnel, and I have supported that in the past. But can't deny it is a strong perk, especially against a god looper.

    Best to just hit them and slug them and chase the unhooker. At least his team will have to go and pick him up off the ground, meaning you would know where 3 people were and only 1 could be on a genny during that moment.

    I don't run it, but sometimes I do jump in a locker if being tunneled and killer just assumes you have it and will walk away from time to time, which can be fun.

  • If I down someone and they rescue them right in front of me I go after the rescuer. Normally if I see 2 survivors. 1 healthy and 1 injured, I go for the injured one. Most efficient use of my time. The exception is when a hook rescue is involved. If they were stupid enough to unhook right in front of me they are either farming or have BT and maybe DS on top. So if someone unhooks in front of me I go for the rescuer because 2 hits is faster than 1 bt hit, another hit to down, then a ds, rechase, hit again.

    My biggest issue with DS is when I hook someone and leave. They get rescued and healed while I downed+hooked someone else. I run into that first survivor again by chance, down them again and DS is STILL active. I understand it's an anti tunnel perk and it was worse. I chased, downed, hooked someone else and you were healed up. It should wear off in that circumstance.

  • @gatsby said:

    As a Killer, you really can't afford to pick up Decisive. The survivor gets TWO chases instead of one and any teammates that were nearby make enough distance that you can't find them.

    In a game where getting every hook state counts, you can't afford to make a mistake like that.

    If you really feel like tunneling recently unhooked survivors. Slug them quickly and then chase their rescuer. Don't pick them up if there's an obsession on the team because that means there's a good chance DS is in play

    I've had DS happen to me after hooking two other survivors, and coming back to a gen to find the original survivor, and they still have DS. This isn't tunneling. The timer is either too long, or they need to make it so if you're off the hook when someone else is hooked, DS is deactivated.

  • I really hate when survivors use DS as cover to gen rush.