Should the 3 basic map varieties get disabled until they are reworked for breakable walls?
I mean with that all Coldwind Farm, Mac Millian and Autoheaven Wreckers maps. These maps are the oldest and most unbalanced maps next to Haddonfield and Disturbed Ward. This idea would have many benefits:
- The new map will be played ALOT more so the breakable walls mechanic can be tested more often without inreasing the map spawn rate of the new map (Playing always the same map can be annoying and boring)
- The old maps look really bad honestly and doesnt fit for the usuall game graquics anymore.
- Other new maps can be played more often (Lerys, Sanctum of Wrath, Hawkins etc).
- Having more different map variety (I feel like getting every second game one of these 3 old maps)
- In the future when breakable walls will get added to other maps, they come more often into games aswell
Maybe Haddonfield and Disturbed Ward should be also disabled? What do you think about that?
Comments
LOL
@big_fellas
Yamaoka and Lerys are unbalanced dafuq? Also there are plenty more other realms than just these.
I find all the MacMillan maps to be fairly balanced. Am I in the minority here?
@aregularplayer
Would be nice if you can explain why you think this is a bad idea :)
@Jholla31
Hm I mean you have in almost all MacMillan 1 god loop (Bad for Killers), also most of these maps have really few pallets and often dead zones such as iron works or Groaning Storehous (Bad for survivors).
i dont think any map should ever be disabeled, unless it has gamebreaking bugs on it that make it impossible to play on.
@Mister_xD
My intention is not because these maps are totally broken. I meant with that, they look ugly and it will probably take some time to rework every old map. To compensate that, that you play more on the new maps with the new upcoming mechanic, they can be disabled for idk a few months? Weeks? Whatever, so everyone will see more often the new maps with the new mechanic.
They should disable Gideon Meat Plant.
Oh. Not because I think it should get breakable walls. I would just rather not play on it... Ever again.
i know you didnt say that, thats why i am against it.
thats not enough of a reason to just go and deactivate 17 out of the existing 33 (soon to be 34) maps though.
also when a new map releases it has a higher chance to randomly be the map you play on, so people will play on it quite a lot.
@Mister_xD
I know, I mentioned that in breakeds, its boring to play the same map over and over^^ Thats the entire reason of this threat. I am really sick of seeing coldwind farm, it is actually the most played map for me. It gets boring to play always on the same layouts, I would like to see more yamaoka estate or lerys honesty.
@big_fellas
Alright np^^ obviously its your opinion and I respect that. Something that I wonder, why do you think that these maps are balanced? I am looking on a neutral view. As Killer there are the famous god loops or "infinits", they are increadably strong and doesnt offer any counterplay. They can waste alot of time and they personally annoy me if I play a Killer that cant counter it. And as survivor, it sucks that there are often entire corners of these maps without any loop structure, not even normal loops (Dead zones).
there ise a thing called map offering if rng mams gets to mad you can use em i know souds crazy but it works
Yeah dont even think of those unbalanced indoor Maps, or Shelter Woods. Just throw in some Maps you dislike without any viable arguments. Classical killer bias.
and i would like to see more of coldwind and less of indoor maps xD
see, thats how it differs from player to player...
@LetsPlayTogether
I love autohaven maps, especially wreckers yard as a survivor. It is fun chaining 3 different jungle gyms together as a survivor, it requires skill and is very rewarding. I love the harvester in coldwind farm, it is very fun to parkour around these things and is also very difficult to use it properly as a survivor. I am not talking about that basic window there, you can chain both windows together or jump on the hayballs to make some nice mindgames.
These maps are decently balanced, except that they have god loops but the half of the killers can play around them or counter them completly. My suggestion was made because these maps just look ugly and its getting boring to see them every second game. But I guess you will just read anyway 10% of this and try to meme around so ye, tell me how much of a bias I am :)
@Mister_xD
Yeah np, its still interesting to see different opinions :)
Don't matter a lot it gets tested it would still have a lot of time and work to do, that time that bhvr don't have, they need to spend almost all time on the next update
@Mistikus
Putting every game a map offering will be expensive with some time and also I already use ALOT of them, my yui and feng ran already out of offerings for maps but I am currently prestiging Steve.
Thats something completely different from what your OP is about. But, no surprise.
@big_fellas
I agree with the half for example disturbed ward or the game. But I wonder what you mean with lerys, I never found any god windows there. Maybe you dont know the loops there properly? I agree that the RNG is too big but that is something that I love honestly. That is only my personall preferense though but I like running into a room as survivor and now have to make a quick decision how do I use this room against this Killer. Same goes to hawkins. Actually alot of these pallets are not that unsave as many ppl consider, if you know how to chain alot of rooms together these pallets can be devestating, you need alot of practice and good memories for this though.
I personally think that blood lodge is one of the worst maps in the game, too many pallets overall. Almost all of them are too open for no mindgames and too big for double back plays. Sometimes you have no pallets at all in the middle, it is way too unconsistent with the pallet spawns. Too few jungle gyms and the main building is garbage xD. Also the map needs more view blockers in the middle, it is waaaay to open. It is too easy to see stealth Killers walking around the map.
But as I said, I agree with the most with you and I understand your opinion so dont worry^^. Thanks for your reply though!
Exactly. If there are zones that are bad for both sides, I see that as balanced. For instance, if a killer ignores the Ironworks infinite and focuses on gens not in that area, they should be successful, because at most two gens spawn near that loop, and it's only possible to make it from a third gen with a perfect Sprint Burst. If survivors try to focus gens near the infinite, they will have more success. It's up to the killer and survivors to pressure key locations.
Hell no. I would quit if I had to play the Yamoka realm again. Forget that. Those 2 maps are garbage. Lerys is awful to play on. The swamp is just ugly as hell. No, even if I get looped, Ill take Autohaven over Sanctum of Wrath any day of the week.
Farm maps and some of the other old map variant have ######### rng but Mt Ormond, Mother's Dwelling and Haddonfield i'd argue are just as bad if not worse but every map up until the temple of purgation have ######### design elements on them that i don't think breakable walls will fix like jungle gyms looping into other jungle gyms going into killer shack or cowloop or whatever. The devs sucked at maps for a long time and are just now understanding how much they sucked when they redid preschool which still has strong structures like the preschool itself, the house with the garage and of course killer shack but it's all spaced between actually playable loops that aren't one sided like as I said before. They gotta fix there mess, disabling some bad maps isn't gonna change the fact most of the maps suck, that's just my opinion though.
Disable the map with the floor glitch, it's so annoying being unable to vault one of the windows and to find slugged survivor in that area.
@Jholla31
Or you just disable both such as in family residence and you have a much more interactive gameplay because you can protect basicly every area and dont have to leave a survivor when he runs to a infinit. I know that you can leave the god loops but that is just a stupid excuse for bad map design, it is not fun or require any skill or effort running a god loop. They shouldnt be in the game in the first place or put a breakable wall next to them.
Autohaven is actually fairly balanced. MacMillian is mostly balanced. Coldwind is just ugly and impossible for killers to see on.