Pretty biased poll ngl, some people don't want Hawkins to be changed at all (especially if those changes are only benefitting survivors). However, the last option actually sounds like a pretty good idea, the upstairs is the most nonsecure area on the map and it's basically a death sentence if you go in there while being chased if you don't have a plan (You can make it if you've got a strategy in mind, like using Lithe through one of the windows or Balanced Landing on the drop).
I would take few pallets away, also one or two windows. Already survivors got easy mode on it, with chill spine only you can spend whole game never being detected by killer - that many walls and rooms we have here. And trust me - killer dont have time to search each one in even 5 meter radius. Its just different type of map, you dont have here god pallets or infinite loops, but walls and rooms that are more than awesome to break line of sight.
But yea, i can imagine idea of rework this map. Every single looper hate this map as you have to play smart. Just stun with pallet, run away to second room, go to third room, and walk to fourth room. Killer have NO chance to find you unless you walk right into him :P
I would like this map to be more open. Playing as The Huntress on this map is such a pain!! With all the confined spaces and over abundance of close corners it makes your hatchets almost useless.
i think it's a pretty balanced map. I'm always happy to play on it whenever what side i'm playing.
It's fun as killers like Ghostface and Myers, but I really don't enjoy it too much whenever I'm playing Demo, Billy, or Huntress. I haven't had a change to play this with Doc yet, but I assume it'll be fun with him too, probably won't be for the survs though.
Pretty biased poll ngl, some people don't want Hawkins to be changed at all (especially if those changes are only benefitting survivors). However, the last option actually sounds like a pretty good idea, the upstairs is the most nonsecure area on the map and it's basically a death sentence if you go in there while being chased if you don't have a plan (You can make it if you've got a strategy in mind, like using Lithe through one of the windows or Balanced Landing on the drop).
The second floor is nearly a dead-end. There's really nothing there, only the main Gen. It should be a tad bit bigger, and maybe the closed doors should open when the last Gen is repaired to create new escape routes. 🤔 That would be interesting.
This map is horrible for both sides imo. Every pallet is unsafe, so you'll just get bloodlusted around every one and go down. But on the flipside the hallways are so cramped and there are so many unsafe pallets that every killer just becomes an M1 killer, because half the roster can't use their bloody power. Good luck hitting a chainsaw or hatchet on this map.
I think this map almost completely benefits the survivors.
The loops are broken and the map is like a disorienting maze. If they made the map more clear and open I would be very satisfied.
Anytime I play it I have so little awareness of where I am or where survivors are located.
Whenever I play killer on this map it's almost always a 3/4k. The loops aren't that strong on Hawkins, only a few pallets actually need to be broken, the majority can be ignored. The upstairs gen is also so dangerous to work on against stealth killers that it's not worth the effort required after the first few gens have popped. It plays a lot like The Game, but if the Game had all it's aspects cranked up to 11, with the exception of pallet safety.
I would take few pallets away, also one or two windows. Already survivors got easy mode on it, with chill spine only you can spend whole game never being detected by killer - that many walls and rooms we have here. And trust me - killer dont have time to search each one in even 5 meter radius. Its just different type of map, you dont have here god pallets or infinite loops, but walls and rooms that are more than awesome to break line of sight.
But yea, i can imagine idea of rework this map. Every single looper hate this map as you have to play smart. Just stun with pallet, run away to second room, go to third room, and walk to fourth room. Killer have NO chance to find you unless you walk right into him :P
The hell is chill spine *spine chill* to correct you
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The upstairs needs to be bigger
A few less walls, so more of the map can be viewed, same with Lary's.
Pretty biased poll ngl, some people don't want Hawkins to be changed at all (especially if those changes are only benefitting survivors). However, the last option actually sounds like a pretty good idea, the upstairs is the most nonsecure area on the map and it's basically a death sentence if you go in there while being chased if you don't have a plan (You can make it if you've got a strategy in mind, like using Lithe through one of the windows or Balanced Landing on the drop).
I wouldn't mind seeing the upstairs reworked.
Nothing
I feel like the entity just sneezed and thats how the pallets were on the map
None. Every single change you listed does nothing but benefit survivor and screw the killer. Is that the new motto now???
Because i need time to click my flashlight at the killer and give him ADHD.
None.
This map has some real hecking unsafe loops, i think this is the only map with no god pallet on it.
I would take few pallets away, also one or two windows. Already survivors got easy mode on it, with chill spine only you can spend whole game never being detected by killer - that many walls and rooms we have here. And trust me - killer dont have time to search each one in even 5 meter radius. Its just different type of map, you dont have here god pallets or infinite loops, but walls and rooms that are more than awesome to break line of sight.
But yea, i can imagine idea of rework this map. Every single looper hate this map as you have to play smart. Just stun with pallet, run away to second room, go to third room, and walk to fourth room. Killer have NO chance to find you unless you walk right into him :P
I would like this map to be more open. Playing as The Huntress on this map is such a pain!! With all the confined spaces and over abundance of close corners it makes your hatchets almost useless.
where is the "delete" option?
i think it's a pretty balanced map. I'm always happy to play on it whenever what side i'm playing.
Hawkins looks nice, but even when playing killer it can be a bit of a slog.
It's fun as killers like Ghostface and Myers, but I really don't enjoy it too much whenever I'm playing Demo, Billy, or Huntress. I haven't had a change to play this with Doc yet, but I assume it'll be fun with him too, probably won't be for the survs though.
These right here are the reasons I'm going to say no.
However, the ambient noise can be toned down a bit on the killer side of things. That stuff is loud.
The map is perfect
The second floor is nearly a dead-end. There's really nothing there, only the main Gen. It should be a tad bit bigger, and maybe the closed doors should open when the last Gen is repaired to create new escape routes. 🤔 That would be interesting.
This map is horrible for both sides imo. Every pallet is unsafe, so you'll just get bloodlusted around every one and go down. But on the flipside the hallways are so cramped and there are so many unsafe pallets that every killer just becomes an M1 killer, because half the roster can't use their bloody power. Good luck hitting a chainsaw or hatchet on this map.
Whenever I play killer on this map it's almost always a 3/4k. The loops aren't that strong on Hawkins, only a few pallets actually need to be broken, the majority can be ignored. The upstairs gen is also so dangerous to work on against stealth killers that it's not worth the effort required after the first few gens have popped. It plays a lot like The Game, but if the Game had all it's aspects cranked up to 11, with the exception of pallet safety.
The hell is chill spine *spine chill* to correct you