Balance changes | The Pig
Crouch
- The movement speed while crouched is 3.9 m/s from 3.6 m/s.
- The crouching animation takes 1 second from 1.3 seconds.
- The "roar" sound now appears at the end of the charge instead when charging.
- The Undetectable hud icon will show up when the Pig is fully Undetectable.
Jigsaw Boxes
- When a Survivor is searching a Jigsaw Box they have a 50% chance of the Skill Check going counter clockwise.
- Survivors cannot hit Great Skill Checks when interacting with Jigsaw Boxes.
Addons
Workshop Grease:
- The Pig's Terror Radius is no longer suppressed when crouched.
- Bloodpoints granted for Ambush Attacks are increased by 100%.
Combat Straps:
- Slightly increases movement speed when crouched. (Increases crouch movement speed by 2.5% to 100%)
Utility Blades:
- Slightly increases Ambush Attack movement speed. (Increases the ambush movement speed by 5%)
- Slightly increases Ambush Attack charge time. (Increases the ambush charge time by 10%)
Razor Wires:
- Searched Jigsaw Boxes will stay Highlighted even if the Survivor already searched them.
Face Mask: (Changed the rarity from Uncommon to Rare)
- Survivors caught in a RBT suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect.
Slow-Release Toxin:
- Survivors caught in a RBT suffer from the Broken Status Effect.
Rusty Attachments:
- Moderately increases Ambush Attack movement speed. (Increases the ambush movement speed by 10%)
- Moderately increases Ambush Attack charge time. (Increases the ambush charge time by 20%)
Interlocking Razor: (Changed the rarity from Rare to Uncommon)
- Every failed Jigsaw Box search for the correct key will put Survivors into injured state.
Amanda's Secret:
- The RBTs will start activated.
Amanda's Letter:
- When crouched, Auras of Survivors within 12 meters are reveald to The Pig.
The Pig does have a lot of addons that change how her RBTs work or how Jigsaw Boxes work, but not many crouch/ambush addons, so I'm trying to fix that.
Also some of the addons would need to be redesigned, I'm talking about the icons and descriptions, because some of them wouldn't make sense with these changes.
What do you think? (Also I will tag @Almo because I want to hear his opinion on these changes)
Comments
Ghostface pretty much has his full movement in crouch, so I'd like to see them all match. The roar should be placed at the start of the dash too. Add-ons seem decent. Combat Straps are in a good place, though. Don't think that they need a change.
Amanda's Secret does seem a little too strong, though, since it is a guessing game for Survivors, and certain larger maps can mean instant death for a trapped test subject.
I'd like to see her terror radius also reduced to 28m from 32m. Not that any Pig worth their salted bacon uses any TR perks like Unnerving Presence.
I love playing as her and against her, I think she's fine. Although, I do agree with PigMainClaudette about Amanda's Secret, and that Undetectable hud icon change would be rad as well.
Maybe I overbuffed Amanda's Secret a bit, I will just remove "The RBTs will start activated" and that should be fine, maybe?
I don't think she necessarily needs a buff. Some addon changes yes, because her ambush ability is underutilized. But if they didn't gimp her late game she would have more strategy to her Reverse Bear Traps.
Everything here is my opinion, as always:
Increase crouch movement speed: Sure.
Increase crouch/uncrouch speed: Also fine.
Move roar to end: Thumbs up.
Delay Undetectable icon to when Pig's TR is actually 0: Also good.
CCW Skill Checks on Jigsaw Boxes: Seems pointless, but I guess it would not hurt.
Workshop Grease: Still trash IMO.
Combat Straps: I think this is fine?
Utility Blade: A bit risky, as this + Medical File or Video Tape can potentially lead to too easy hits. I won't necessarily say no.
Razor Wire: Still trash IMO. The removal of Great Skill Checks on boxes wouldn't be a terrible idea for base kit, though.
Face Mask: Hm...maybe? Idk if it would be redundant with Pig having the ability to crouch anyways.
Slow-Release Toxin: Very dangerous IMO. Would encourage tunneling, which I don't think is good.
Rusty Attachments: A lot risky. I doubt this would be balanced.
Interlocking Razor: A rarity change doesn't stop this from being trash IMO. I would scrap it entirely.
Amanda's Secret: Reminds me of Tampered Timer where it does nothing unless it kills, only with a huge downside. I feel this would only be usable with Tampered Timer, at which point it would be frustrating as hell.
Amanda's Letter: Thumbs up.
Hey! Thank you for the Feedback, I changed some things about the addons, I tried to make the Skill Check ones a bit less trash.
Also I tried to change the problematic addons, so what do you think?
I probably should have explained my problem with the Skill Check add-ons. Note that this is just my personal opinion, so you are free to disagree.
Regular Skill Checks are not hard to hit. Especially as you go up the ranks. Even if you make them smaller, they ain't hard to hit. Consider that Survivors have no problem hitting the Skill Check for Decisive Strike, and that is pretty small. Add-ons that care about Jigsaw Box Skill Checks suffer from the fact that because most Survivors will get through them with ease, they just ain't gonna care even if they have to machine gun them six in a row. This goes for more Skill Checks, harsher punishments for failing them, and even reducing the success zones (unless you go overboard with the reduction, which would be bad itself because it is far more likely to punish newbies than experienced players). Truth be told, if it were me, I'd just scrap Pig add-ons that care about Skill Checks entirely and just have them do something else altogether.
I like your solutions to the ambush speed add-ons on paper. I don't know if they'd work in practice, but it makes sense (to me, at least) that if you're gonna speed up the Pig, you should make it take longer to charge.
Amanda's Secret also seems reasonable to me.
Lets leave the roar, getting jump scared by oinks is fun
Most Pigs are calling for it to be when the actual dash starts. Jumpscared still ensue, but there's less warning for survivors.
Hey, thank you for the feedback again, I scrapped the idea of those bad Skill Check addons and made their effect unique and maybe a bit usefull, also I gave Pig one of those bad Bloodpoint increasing addons.