Lets talk about WGLF
I was reading a post about BP and @Peanits brought up how much hard it is to get WGLF stacks compared to BBQ and I was curious as to why? Survivors already get less BP than killers and their best perk to double the little they get makes it so complicated to get stacks. How would you feel if survivors hard more ways to get WGLF Stacks, I come up with the following list of things survivors do, that we already know BHVR tracks.
- Do the equivalent of a generator = Stack
- Heal the equivalent of 2 health state = Stack
- Safe Unhook = Stack
Cleanse Totem = Stack- Protection Hit = Stack
Open Exit Gate = Stack
I have updated this post, because I can see I created some confusion, I didn't mean for each of these things to reward you a stack, I was simply trying to point out things BHVR tracks that a survivor does and how they could reward a stack.
Though I do feel like the current list excluding the the striked out items seems more fair. I do apologize for the confusion.
Like this would not only make WGLF useful for survivors who want to play the objective, it would make it so the stacks were not so complicated to get. You already have event hooks for Doing the Equivalent of a generator or health state, because those are dailies. You already have event hooks for cleansing totems and opening exit gates.
Giving survivors more way to earn stacks for WGLF might also make the people who run that perk less like to hook bomb and make stupid plays to earn a stack.
Is there anything else you think should reward survivors a stack? Is there something on this list that you think shouldn't reward a stack?
Comments
I like the idea of having more options of obtaining stacks. A full heal or generator would be reasonable.
It also needs a secondary function like BBQ. Every time you unhook/heal a survivor you can see the killer’s aura for 4 seconds?
So, basically you want a stack for every aspect of playing the game normally? How about a stack for every 10 metres you walk?
I want a stack of Devour Hope for each pallet I break.
WGLF is fine as it is.
I like the idea. I think just add the gen repair or healing somebody. As for a secondary effect, maybe you see the other survivors auras when a gen is completed.
WGLF is harder to get full stacks undoubtedly, however I don’t think making changes like you suggested would be a good idea.
i personally dont think WGLF is hard to get up, while id be okay with one extra option to get stacks i wouldnt want loads thatd be way to much overkill, more people play survivor atm and alot of people play killer for the easier BP. the biggest issue for survivors getting BP is the survival BP category, only healing yourself and escaping gets this up, this means youre very limited to how much this can go up, even more so with fast games or a game where you die, totems in turn should be set to survival BP instead of boldness and you should get survival BP for others healing you, this allows easy BP across all categories without the need to always escape or WGLF
How is it fine? It does nothing in game. All it does is give bonus BP. I don't think the OP's entire list should be implemented. But adding a couple of ways to get stacks would be great.
I understand why you are asking a secondary function, because you are making the comparison to BBQ. Though I wouldn't be opposed to it, I understand why it lacks that functionality.
BBQ was created as a way to reward killers for doing their objective and I feel as though many say it was designed to help encourage killers to not camp.
WGLF doesn't reward survivors for playing their objective. I actually tells them to leave their objective and do something else. That is why I kinda liked the idea of adding those additional ways of earning stacks that are doing your objective. However, I think giving it the same secondary ability as BBQ will make it extremely over powerful.
As a matter of fact, doesn't steve have a perk that lets you you see the killer aura when you unhook someone? As I said, I am not entirely opposed to a secondary functionality, I am just not a fan of the aura reading being the secondary functionality.
WGLF literally does nothing to effect the game, other than reward the side who already receives less BP a match with more. BBQ at least provides a secondary function, as my previous post stated, I am not really a fan of a secondary function of WGLF.
To compare WGLF Stacks to Devour stacks just shows how one sided your argument and mindset is.
That would make it too easy to get stacks. If you are really comparing it to BBQ, then BBQ would give you stacks for hitting Survivors, breaking pallets, doing power-related stuff, moring, etc. BBQ focuses on hooking, WGLF focuses on altruism. They go hand by hand.
I will say this again, WGLF should give you stacks for healing others as well. And thats all it really needs.
How about this?
For every “stack”, you get a 4% speed boost for 20 seconds?
I understand what your saying, and you have valid points, they do need to adjust how the survival category is calculated. However that is kinda of unrelated to the topic at hand. Yes, I will admit again, my list is clearly way to long, I was just trying to provide examples of what BHVR could reward stacks for. And you shouldn't play a role because it rewards you with more BP, you should play a role because you find it entertaining.
Good Feedback, I enjoy how you provided ample examples to defend your point of view.
To be fair, I wouldn't want them to implement them all either, I was just listing things survivors do that I know for a fact BHVR already Tracks. If I was being realistic, I would keep WGLF the way it is but simply add the healing and generator parts. Because than at least the perk rewards you for doing your objective in similar way to killer.
As for your comparison, the killer can perform more things than the survivor can. Also it is much easier for 1 killer to hook 4 people than it is for four people to get 4 safe unhooks / protection hits. I rarely ever leave a game as killer without 4 stacks, however, most survivors I know who play the game and run the perk generally exit with 2 stacks.
If killers get to leave with 4 stacks of BBQ on average, why shouldn't survivors have the same ability to earn WGLF stacks.
The totem cleansing is a nice idea. It will estimulate doing the secondary objective.
Opening a exit gate is also cool, cause it may allow someone to make a escape in the last second.
But healing and making gens i disagree.
Good topic.
Just remove the bonus effect on BBQ and only let them get a stack for sacrificing a survivor on third hook. Thats just fair.
Why is your suggestion to nerf one perk, instead of buffing another?
EDIT: I apologize for how combative/defensive this sounds, I do not mean it that way. I am tired after being up for over 16 hours. I am simply asking, why do people feel like it should be harder for survivors to get 3-4 stacks of WGLF, when most killers easily get 3-4 stacks of BBQ each match.
i already get around 2 or 3 stacks per game without any problem just go for some unhooks thats all.
That is my whole point of this thread, as a killer I almost always get 4 stacks of BBQ and that has a secondary function. As survivor, I usually only get 2, maybe 3 stacks of WGLF and this perk provides no other benefit other than BP.
So why do so many people have issues with adding more things that allow survivors to get stacks of WGLF when it literally has zero impact on anyone else's gameplay since it provides zero other functionality to the game other than extra BP at the end of the game.
I dont think it needs to be easier, i think it needs to have a purpose other than bloodpoints so the other damn survivors can stop screwing me over just because they wanna reach 1 million
But if it was easier to get stacks, but provide no additional function, you would most likely get screwed over less.
My girlfriend is a WGLF gamer, its actually the reason I thought of this. She is constantly take random hits from the killer while I am being carried to get her stacks... So I still get hooked and now she is injured, so once she gets me off the hook, I have to now heal her because she took an unnecessary stack.
And honestly, its hard to blame her, because even playing like that she still usually only gets two stacks. Why should a perk that does nothing to effect the game other than provide BP be so hard to accumulate stacks. I don't want them to be given away free, that is why I said the equivalent of a generator or health state, because if you are working with someone else, you would need to do multiple generators or heal multiple people to still get those stacks.
I think adding these options would all survivors to play less "stupid" while increasing the average WGLF stacks from 1-2 to 3-4. Because as I've said, as killer I rarely ever get less than 4 stacks of BBQ and that has a secondary function in game where WGLF does nothing in game.
You do realize killers get their stacks of BBQ basically by having to play the game normally right? I see no problem making getting stacks of wglf easier