That DC penalty is really great

I've had three killers DC in five games today, and in game number six, the killer slugged everyone at five gens and one survivor DC'ed, I'm assuming because it was so boring to bleed out for four minutes with nothing to do. I wanted to kill myself on first hook, but she wouldn't hook anyone until we were all slugged. Thanks, devs!

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125820#Comment_1125820

    Of course not. They are never 100% truth. However, some knowledge is better than none.

    Which is why they have said they don't make decisions on stats alone. They have a "god's eye" while we have more of a tunnel perspective that may be corrupted by emotions...

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125820#Comment_1125820

    Of course not. They are never 100% truth. However, some knowledge is better than none.

    somehow, i deleted my response.

    In short, bhvr has said they don't make decisions on stats alone. I agree with that. As players, we don't have the perspective that they do.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125263#Comment_1125263

    I've been playing more killer than survivor lately and I don't get why tea bagging bothers killers so much. It genuinely makes me laugh at how stupid it is. I know the survivors are doing it to make me mad and it just doesn't? Stop letting it bother you! It's what we little shithead survivors want!

    K, if it doesn't annoy you, good, you have thick skin. But I've been playing as a killer for longer time.

    The point is, a survivor teabags thinking that you're bad. You down them immediately. But since most survivors on high ranks learned that sticking to gens is a good strategy. Due to gens popping here and there bad toxic players think that they are good because they escape with the help of other better survivors but who cares. Then they'll write "ez" and you sit here thinking "why you gotta be like that?".

  • I love it, DCing is so rare atm

  • Monthly is dumb. With how often dc due to servers happen

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    I love it, DCing is so rare atm

    No joke, 4 out of the last 5 DC's I've seen have been from the killer. It's rare on the survivor side now and about the same for killers, I'd say. Survivors just kill themselves on the first hook which makes the game pretty crap for everyone else. It's no different except less people are playing because people still DC, they just have to sit in timeout.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I mean, because you have bad games that doesn't mean you should blame the devs for it -_-

    Also I think that slugging ti everyone bleeds out is called "keeping the game hostage" and it's bannable

    Since people who are slugged will eventually die and once they all die the game will end the game wasn't held hostage and it is not bannable. That said it is a scummy play and you can expect dc's and much worse after the game is over if you do that and it is rather stupid as you don't get credit for a sacrifice if they bleedout and lose points and probably a PIP...so scummy and stupid, yes...bannable...no.

  • No it doesn't. Someone above claims it takes a month, and plenty can prove it doesn't after even a week unless it's bugged (which seriously wouldn't surprise me in all reality)

  • @Might_Oakk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125094#Comment_1125094

    DC rate is down but hook sewercide is way up.

    Combined with the fact dc penalties don't account for games played makes it a garbage system. I unintentionally dc every 20 or 30 games.

    I have had to sit out penalties a few times because I play a lot.

    You have resolved nothing and punished active players

    Grats bro

    No healing prompt? DC

    Getting hit 5 meters away from the window you just vaulted? DC

    Stuck in crouch mode and cant walk or run after getting hit? DC

    Get stuck in infinite loading screen? DC

    Stuck in place and cant move? DC

    Stuck on shoulder and cant do anything? DC

    Engame collapse is triggered and over but game still churns on? DC

    Play more than a few hours and you will have to DC and take a penalty because of game breaking bugs. Play 8 hours and you will have to at least twice DC due to game breaking bugs.

    Over the next couple of days that penalty will go up to hours. Why bother playing at all at that point?

  • I mean it doesn't really do anything if you're survivor, just suicide on hook. It's really funny when I see killers go afk since they can't DC like survivors can lol.

  • @JoeyBob said:

    I mean it doesn't really do anything if you're survivor, just suicide on hook. It's really funny when I see killers go afk since they can't DC like survivors can lol.

    I'm honestly now seeing more killers DC than survivors suicide on first hook. It's kinda weird. But a five minute timeout is nothing - it's a survivor's normal queue time.

    I made a Wraith DC today 80 seconds into the game. The laugh was worth losing my Escape Cake, though I did wake up my dog. He wasn't thrilled with me.

1 2 ›