Your not supposed to pip for a 2k
If you get a 2k then thats the perfect rank for you. Why who you need a pip? A 4k means your too good for your ranks and should go higher its that simple. Stop saying a 2k is a loss because you didnt pip.
If you get a 2k then thats the perfect rank for you. Why who you need a pip? A 4k means your too good for your ranks and should go higher its that simple. Stop saying a 2k is a loss because you didnt pip.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Pipping system is weird. Ive had crappy games as survivor where I died while not accomplishing much and still pipped. Ive gotten 4ks as killer where I kept them from doing gens and dont pip.
With the speed of the gens even if you do get 2 there is a good chance you will de-rank.
Is this an ideal way to punish people who simply play the game?
If you are not a "toxic" killer like i am and you play like i do then most of the time you will derank if you only get two.
So in essence if i draw i lose. They really need to work on the emblem system or remove it entirely as it is punishing me for doing my job. I am not allowed to kill fast. I am supposed to play with my food. Which i do. But for that i get punished.
Yeah, this system is really bad
Survivors can throw the match and you can get ranked to the incorrect rank, and survivors could derank to face killers who are bad
and, like @LordGlint said, you can 4k and no pip, while completely lose and pip
Pipping is useless in match making as killer. No matter what your rank is, if survivors are waiting long enough, they will throw you at whoever is in the front of the line.
I've has some games where I only got 2k, several hooks, hits, and I barely got a pip. Yet I've had games where I 4ked because they kept screwing up and I didn't even get a safety. This often happens when I play trapper and I face potato survivors. I hook one person in the basement, they don't check the floor, step in traps. I kill all 4 but because they stepped in traps my chaser is bronze so the game thinks I played poorly.
I had a game as survivor the other day where I did HORRIBLE (Im not a very good survivor, lol). I got a grand total of 3400 BPs...and still safety pipped. According to the game's ranking system, I did enough that game to determine that I was perfect for playing at my rank.
I've had times where I didn't kill anyone, just hooked them all enough to be able to kill them next hook, and managed to safety
The whole ranking system is a joke anyway. Survivors can play through a match barely doing anything and pip. A killer can work hard as hell and still never pip. How is this a fair system for either side?
This is the way we are supposed to play the game. Be points pinata's for the survs.
We are killers but hamstrung from the start of the game till the end of the game. Kill them and do your job? You derank and get next to no bp. Derank all the time? Then you face noobs who get slaughtered and you will still not rank up as half of them as too scared to even do a save. This means that a lot of them might die on first hook. There are a lot of selfish players in this game. A lot fo them.
I just think its weird that the game says Im right where I should be if I barely do anything as survivor (like I said, 3400 points), but I could pull off a 4k while protecting gens enough to get Iri gatekeeper...and collect these...
I wish I still had my trapper adept screenshot, but I ended up demolishing this survivor team on game and.....didn't get the adept because my trap placements were too good, got bronze
The ranking system for killers is just dumb. It depends more on how the survivors play than how well you play.
Survivors don't save their teammates or die too quickly? Bronze devout.
Survivors don't heal and rush gens as fast as possible before they end up dying at 1 gen left? Bronze gatekeeper.
Kill 4 survivors in 3 minutes because they basically hand themselves to you? Back to green ranks you go, Jimbo.
Meanwhile survivors literally get starting points on the benevolent emblem in case the killer doesn't feel like hitting them, not to mention how easy it is to get points for that same emblem (2 unhooks? you're practically a saint, have an iridescent), as well as the unbroken emblem (just don't ######### in the first five minutes).
... or 3k or sometimes 4k.
I just wonder how many people who play the game since it's release still care about pips. lul
I don't and it makes me more happy.
Also for some reason you get punished for stomps like ive gotten easy destroy 4ks and didnt pip because i did apparently "to good" so now i have to let survivors go so i get more points lol.