What would you change on Pig if you could?

Personally I think shes a pretty decent killer....but I am curious as to what you would change to make her stronger? Insta kill traps after a gen pops? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comments

  • 1) Mostly undo the EGC nerf. Trap placed on Survivors automatically become active if all the gens are finished, but not if the Hatch is closed (so that the last Survivor isn't completely screwed unless their Trap is already live). Instead, make the EGC timer pause as long as at least one Survivor is wearing a Reverse Bear Trap.

    2) The first box a Survivor searches is always auto-fail.

    3) The roar on the ambush is moved to at least half-charge (if not later) instead of at the start.

    4) An add-on overhaul. She desperately needs one IMO.

  • TAG has a good list there, especially tinkering with the add-ons. She has several that I have not used in forever. Maybe one that increases her crouch speed for a bit after hooking? I would also like to see her blade sound reduced as she comes out of stealth, either much quieter or moved to a third-to-half way outta crouch.

  • I would add a point interaction while she's crouched. That way you can return the favour when someone boops the snoot

  • @TAG said:

    1) Mostly undo the EGC nerf. Trap placed on Survivors automatically become active if all the gens are finished, but not if the Hatch is closed (so that the last Survivor isn't completely screwed unless their Trap is already live). Instead, make the EGC timer pause as long as at least one Survivor is wearing a Reverse Bear Trap.

    2) The first box a Survivor searches is always auto-fail.

    3) The roar on the ambush is moved to at least half-charge (if not later) instead of at the start.

    4) An add-on overhaul. She desperately needs one IMO.

    Damn....you aced this one. Was a sarcastic post but I agree with this lol

  • 1.) +1 baseline boxes

    or

    2.) The ability to activate, at least, the first trap at will.

    Also: Rules Set No. 2 made baseline | Ultra Rare addon effect replaced with limiting box visibility to, like, 8-12 meters whilst trapped.

  • I would replace the Generators with Jigsaw Boxes.

    Why? Because I want The Pig to represent more of the franchise she is meant to represent. The SAW series is about escaping certain death by choosing to sacrifice something to live. With Jigsaw Boxes, you can only do it one at a time. Meaning if you find someone doing one, you have to either wait for them to finish or leave to look for another one.

    Everyone spawns with an RBT stuck on their heads at the start. They won't start ticking until you touch a Jigsaw Box. Same rules applies with old Pig. Chase pauses the RBT timer, being downed pauses the RBT timer, stuff like that. But since you're just looking through Jigsaw Boxes, the RBT timer needs to be longer and the RNG needs to be harder. On average you should escape from your trap every 4-6 Jigsaw Boxes. I also propose to increase the time it takes to search a Jigsaw Box. So you can't just go running from one box to another.

    Boxes, of course, would have no aura reading as that would just be showing survivors where all the generators are.

    When a single survivor manages to free themselves from their trap, they may choose to stick around and help save their friends by either distracting The Pig or helping them find Jigsaw Boxes. Or they could open the door, start the Endgame Collapse and escape to safety.

    The Pig would mostly be the same, except her power wouldn't be the RBTs, those are now the natural time limit of the game. Her power would be her stealth and ambush attacks, both of which in my opinion does need a little buff. I don't exactly know what. I'm not a game designer, I just know she needs something else for her power other than the RBTs I mentioned.

  • Most people would do something to affect the traps or make Ruleset 2 base, but to me those areas are fine, and Ruleset 2 would actually be harmful to you.

    Instead, I'd focus on her more consistent areas and make them better: her stealth and her ambush.


    Ghostface has ZERO movement penalty when he is crouched, so why should Piggy?

    I'd also change the timing of her roar to be at the start of the dash. This will make it so that it is a true jumpscare and half the time you'll hear the roar only after the blade is lodged into your spinal column.

    A majority of her add-ons need total reworking, especially those affecting the skill checks of boxes.


    Now, as for Ruleset No. 2, I see it being more harmful than helpful. Yes, there are those survivors who will run off to look for a box, but I see higher ranks ignoring it and going straight for a generator. The LAST thing that I want as Pig is for a generator to be worked on ny someone with a trap. Then again, I don't trap tunnel because it's a terrible playstyle.

  • My thoughts:

    I'd like to see addon changes (adding more stealth and ambush addons)

    Either changing how the traps activates or have her start with 5 traps base kit

    If the devs chose to keep the status effect addons... they need to linger for 15-20 seconds (or until healed)...

    TL:DR give some love to my piggy and I'll be happy

  • Undo the EGC nerf and give her the ability to crouch faster so she can teabag.

  • i would give her an abiliti to reload traps just like huntress can do

  • @TAG said:

    1) Mostly undo the EGC nerf. Trap placed on Survivors automatically become active if all the gens are finished, but not if the Hatch is closed (so that the last Survivor isn't completely screwed unless their Trap is already live). Instead, make the EGC timer pause as long as at least one Survivor is wearing a Reverse Bear Trap.

    2) The first box a Survivor searches is always auto-fail.

    3) The roar on the ambush is moved to at least half-charge (if not later) instead of at the start.

    4) An add-on overhaul. She desperately needs one IMO.

    This list sums it up pretty good. ^^

    I think the roar really needs to be at the end of her ambush. To me this is more important than any other change on the list as it's what makes her ambush actually viable and gives her some loop counter. I can't believe its current state has remained as it has for so long, near unusable against anyone half competent.

    I'd also add Rule Set #2 base kit and raise the view point of her crouch to match its actual height (really annoying not seeing over grass).

    If she received all these things she'd probably make it to high B or low A tier. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

  • @TAG said:

    1) Mostly undo the EGC nerf. Trap placed on Survivors automatically become active if all the gens are finished, but not if the Hatch is closed (so that the last Survivor isn't completely screwed unless their Trap is already live). Instead, make the EGC timer pause as long as at least one Survivor is wearing a Reverse Bear Trap.

    2) The first box a Survivor searches is always auto-fail.

    3) The roar on the ambush is moved to at least half-charge (if not later) instead of at the start.

    4) An add-on overhaul. She desperately needs one IMO.

    Pretty Much hit the spot with the changes she needs only things i would change would be the EGC should keep counting down and not pause if someone has a trap on maybe slow it down but pause it, makes the survivor have to race against the clock to get trap off and get out and not feel like they only have to worry about the trap not the EGC. The roar needs to go or for it to happen mid to late into the ambush so still gives warning but allows you to sneak up and ambush without survivors hearing it and running away before you get to them.

  • I honestly believe everything about her is perfectly fine, and I have no issues with things like taking RBT off first try, slow stealth speed, etc. The only problem I have is with her absolute garbage add-ons.

    Starting with my favorite example, Workshop Grease and Razor Wires. 1% and 2% increased chance for Skill Checks, or 3% if you want to torment those poor survivors. For comparison, Unnerving Presence / Spine Chill each give you an entire 10% increased chance.

    Then Shattered Syringe, John's Medical File, and Video Tape. Specifically the part where Video Tape is just both of those add-ons mixed together. There are add-ons like this for every Killer though so I guess I can't complain too much.

    All of the add-ons that apply status effects on Survivors are bad. Not completely useless, but they are not worth taking when you only have 2 add-on slots. Wasting one of your two only slots to make a Survivor not worth chasing easier to chase just isn't efficient.

    Interlocking Razor requires Survivors to fail Skill Checks in order to be useful. Like, it does regress progress by a very tremendous amount like it says, but you won't ever see that.

    Amanda's Secret isn't well designed. You get a very small bonus with a huge downside attached to it. Such a small bonus that even if they removed that downside entirely it still wouldn't be worth Very-Rare quality.

    While the idea of Rules Set No.2 being basekit is debatable, I believe we can all agree on this: Rules Set No.2 is too weak to be an Ultra-Rare. If they really want this to remain as an add-on, it needs a drop in rarity.

    I feel like the downsides Amanda's Letter has are a little too harsh. I understand that the point of this is to shift power from one of her abilities (RBT slowdown) to the other (unsafe loop ambushes), but that first ability just gets completely crushed. One single RBT that has a 50% chance of being removed on the first box gives you no slowdown whatsoever.