Buff flashlights

They’re bad without add-ons and now add-ons disappear if you escape.

Comments

  • Really? When I play survivor, I run a yellow flashlight, no addons, and manage to use it pretty well.

    What's bad about them?

  • Yeah no thanks. This discourages people to bring flashlights which means less of them in high ranks. Which frankly is flooded with both keys and flashlights.

  • @McLightning said:

    Really? When I play survivor, I run a yellow flashlight, no addons, and manage to use it pretty well.

    What's bad about them?

    The blind is too weak on default flashlights (green/yellow) to actually trick any killer that’s red rank. The blind duration barely lasts long enough that they can just use sound 100% of the time.


    @KrispiesChicken said:

    Yeah no thanks. This discourages people to bring flashlights which means less of them in high ranks. Which frankly is flooded with both keys and flashlights.


    Why have something in the game you’d discourage people from using? That makes absolutely no sense.

  • I think flashlights are fine honestly. Get downed in an open area and the killer pretty much can't do anything about a flashlight save. You can use them mid chase (at pallets) to disorient the killer. There's many ways you can use them that will help you.

  • @OneNineTwoNine said:

    I think flashlights are fine honestly. Get downed in an open area and the killer pretty much can't do anything about a flashlight save. You can use them mid chase (at pallets) to disorient the killer. There's many ways you can use them that will help you.

    The first half is true but last half isn’t true against a good killer... the duration is too short without add-ons.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1108937#Comment_1108937

    The first half is true but last half isn’t true against a good killer... the duration is too short without add-ons.

    I mean, any blind can be weak against a seasoned killer. It's called using your ears. They can hear you breath.

    Don't go for cocky plays and you'll be fine.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1108938#Comment_1108938

    I mean, any blind can be weak against a seasoned killer. It's called using your ears. They can hear you breath.

    Don't go for cocky plays and you'll be fine.

    Err purples are pretty strong at 20% increased duration... if the yellow/green flashlight had like 10% extra duration then they’re probably in an ok spot.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1108948#Comment_1108948

    Err purples are pretty strong at 20% increased duration... if the yellow/green flashlight had like 10% extra duration then they’re probably in an ok spot.

    And? They are supposed to be limited, clutch use. They aren't supposed to be something you can blind the killer with at every pallet. Pick your battles.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1108966#Comment_1108966

    And? They are supposed to be limited, clutch use. They aren't supposed to be something you can blind the killer with at every pallet. Pick your battles.

    Try turning what you say on it’s head also.

    I.e. “they’re supposed to be something the killer can be unblinded from at every pallet.”

    Except you’re the only one implying an absolute with no variables. - The yellow/green are just bad period... the purple is good... I settled with half-way so unless you’re trolling I obviously am not looking for flashlights to be completely bolstered as I settled for half way.

    What is it with people on game forums trying to tear down reasonably put posts.

  • Dafuq, Flashlights are really strong if used well and are totally usefull without addons.

  • I don't know about them being bad without add-ons. You don't need any add-ons to get a save. The add-ons make it better at chain blinding or make it last longer if you're trying to blind at pallets, but they definitely aren't necessary.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    They’re bad without add-ons and now add-ons disappear if you escape.

    But they're almost identical without addons. Addons only affect durability, blind duration and brightness, and accuracy. They don't need a buff, you just need to learn when and how to use them.

  • @Peanits said:

    I don't know about them being bad without add-ons. You don't need any add-ons to get a save. The add-ons make it better at chain blinding or make it last longer if you're trying to blind at pallets, but they definitely aren't necessary.

    If they aren’t necessary (I’ve found them to be necessary in chases with my 3k hours)... that doesn’t mean flashlights still can’t use a buff for chases.

    I’m not sure why “necessary” is the focus rather than trial and error. Items that feel like they don’t have an effect where they should (more of an effect) just make you want to not play the game.

  • @ArthurPadula said:

    Sure, because survivors have it so hard, right? You just wanna be toxic.

    I stopped playing ages ago... killers need a buff yeah and how long have experienced players have said do something about generators? Yet nothing.

    You just get the endless trolls in the forums derailing topics they don’t understand. No one with xk hours is going to be able to convince anyone with lower hours all their practiced calculations as they’ve been playing etc... but the new bait in the forums is “If you can’t explain it to me due to my lack of experience then I am right” - and BVHR just eats it up.

  • Like when your most played survivor main on your game is angrypug... it’s pretty blatant nearly every long time player has actually gone. Loads of people were just continuously playing now no one is. Dunno why people are acting like this stuff is balanced for high ranks.

  • Quite frankly, on dedicated servers, they are a little broken currently. It's not longer a gradual fade up to the blind. It's fade, fade up, INSTANTLY BLINDED! The timing is all sorts of wonky now. Also, like most things that started a defensive item, have become a bully tool but hey, welcome to the internet.

  • The only thing that I think should be changed about flashlights isn't even a direct change to flashlights. I think if a killer is stunned or blinded during the pick up animation then the killer should be forced to drop the survivor. The window of time to actually blind is too small. Trying to get those flashlight save challenges done is an absolute nightmare.