saying that camping and tunneling don't have counter shows how little your time playing this game is. I'd suggest you to play more, especially at red ranks, to know the counters.
Devs said that camping and tunneling are not reportable and they will accept that strategy BUT what with survivors side?
Killers now camping and tunneling cause in their opinion that is answer for ruin changes and we can't counter them as well cause nothing is counter camping and tunnel.
For killers devs changed Borrowed Time, now if killer just follow you, he hit you second time and you are down.
For killers devs changed Decisive Strike so now they just tunnel, hit you and wait for your DS is gone. Still camping you.
For killers devs changed Styptic Agent and Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe so you can't quick react for tunnel or help someone to get up.
Only one Ruin devs changed for survivors side to make them better situation about skill checks and Killers just make a strategy what is just RUIN any survivor points. Even if you are altruistic and you want to help someone who is camped, you get punishment with minus points about not-safe unhook.
For me Devs just don't know what they want... They said that survivors role is helping each other, survivors should play together - but in game if you are not with 3 friends and you are just playing solo or with 1-2 friends your game will be terrible and you have really small chance to make a pip (forget about 2 pips). - please remember that I am talking about altruistic styleplay - of course you can make points when you play selfish, but Devs said that survivors shouldn't be selfish...
And I said that before you ask - no, I am not low rank survivor, I am long time 1 rank survivor who always was going back for random player, and always game was giving me points for that, now I am punished about that and I don't get it... I really don't get it, what is survivor role now? Leaving others and making points on that what you can? Gens, totems, chests, gates? Never risk for other player? This is not cooperation with survivors, this is a war, contest 'Who make more points quickly' so everybody just ######### on that one survivor who is hooked and they just rush gens, clean totems, looking for chests cause that giving them safe points without risk that they will be that one on hook... But where is that going? To campers and tunnelers as 1 rank killer mains and selfish bastards 1 rank survivors who never help you cause points are more important?... On high rank now is 70% to meet someone selfish, 20% to meet someone who just co-op with killer as a survivor to make points and he just giving killer information where are others and only 10% to meet someone who really play like a team. IT'S TERRIBLE! If this game is changing in that way... Sad...
If the killer wants you dead, the killer will sacrifice you.
The best you can do is buy your teammates time so your teammates can power generators and escape. 😁
Devs said that camping and tunneling are not reportable and they will accept that strategy BUT what with survivors side?
Killers now camping and tunneling cause in their opinion that is answer for ruin changes and we can't counter them as well cause nothing is counter camping and tunnel.
For killers devs changed Borrowed Time, now if killer just follow you, he hit you second time and you are down.
For killers devs changed Decisive Strike so now they just tunnel, hit you and wait for your DS is gone. Still camping you.
For killers devs changed Styptic Agent and Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe so you can't quick react for tunnel or help someone to get up.
Only one Ruin devs changed for survivors side to make them better situation about skill checks and Killers just make a strategy what is just RUIN any survivor points. Even if you are altruistic and you want to help someone who is camped, you get punishment with minus points about not-safe unhook.
For me Devs just don't know what they want... They said that survivors role is helping each other, survivors should play together - but in game if you are not with 3 friends and you are just playing solo or with 1-2 friends your game will be terrible and you have really small chance to make a pip (forget about 2 pips). - please remember that I am talking about altruistic styleplay - of course you can make points when you play selfish, but Devs said that survivors shouldn't be selfish...
And I said that before you ask - no, I am not low rank survivor, I am long time 1 rank survivor who always was going back for random player, and always game was giving me points for that, now I am punished about that and I don't get it... I really don't get it, what is survivor role now? Leaving others and making points on that what you can? Gens, totems, chests, gates? Never risk for other player? This is not cooperation with survivors, this is a war, contest 'Who make more points quickly' so everybody just ######### on that one survivor who is hooked and they just rush gens, clean totems, looking for chests cause that giving them safe points without risk that they will be that one on hook... But where is that going? To campers and tunnelers as 1 rank killer mains and selfish bastards 1 rank survivors who never help you cause points are more important?... On high rank now is 70% to meet someone selfish, 20% to meet someone who just co-op with killer as a survivor to make points and he just giving killer information where are others and only 10% to meet someone who really play like a team. IT'S TERRIBLE! If this game is changing in that way... Sad...
I can’t believe this is a thing. Killers are incredibly weak at the moment and people like you still find a way to complain?
But if you buy time for them, why game is not giving you a pip? You did something what help them to escape isn't it? So why only they are rewarded?
You get Light bringer points for distracting the killer from generators, if your teammates does generators. This will be a silver or gold quality, it depends on your ability to loop and mind game the killer.
Typically, you will get sacrificed with a silver broken emblem.
Chaser will likely be gold because you got involved in many chases.
Benevolence is bronze because you're not going to be making any unhooks.
Total Emblem Points: 9 out of 16.
Probably a safety pip just for dying from the killer.
That is what happens when games are no longer made to be purely fun or entertaining, but are now made to make players feel so invested in a game that it doesn't matter how little fun they are having, they still do not quit, because they feel too invested to quit.
Thats why single player games are generally the way to go. You buy the game for a set price, play the game until completion, have fun doing so, and move on. There are no cosmetics to buy, no real money ingame purchases, and no battlepass. I have realized this recently. I still have alot of fun in DBD and certain other multiplayer games but when I do finally lose interest I will likely stay away from future multiplayer games. There is too much grind and it takes too much time.
OK. BUT if you are that first one camped = you will not get a pip... if you aren't and you are a human with heart you know that this one guy on hook will not have pip after game where you just doing gen as 3. Not worth.
I wanna get a recipe how to play when you don't want lost pip (as hooked one) and you don't want let other random player lost pip (when they are that first hooked one).
I don't wanna play games where I am on hook all game and have no points.
I don't wanna play games where I do all gens where one of survivors just dying on hook and he will not get a pip.
I don't want to play a game like that either, idk why you survivors think its fun when we have to "camp" or "tunnel" but if we don't, and especially in red ranks we simply will lose. And not pip ourselves. And before someone says "you can pip without doing this" yeah but have you played a game where you are looped and hit with every pallet on the map for a safety pip.... Its infuriating.
Take a step back and view it from others point of view.
Literally the end of last year and beginning of this one has been a huge nerf to killers, like back to back to back... See how they feel.
Devs said that camping and tunneling are not reportable and they will accept that strategy BUT what with survivors side?
Killers now camping and tunneling cause in their opinion that is answer for ruin changes and we can't counter them as well cause nothing is counter camping and tunnel.
For killers devs changed Borrowed Time, now if killer just follow you, he hit you second time and you are down.
For killers devs changed Decisive Strike so now they just tunnel, hit you and wait for your DS is gone. Still camping you.
For killers devs changed Styptic Agent and Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe so you can't quick react for tunnel or help someone to get up.
Only one Ruin devs changed for survivors side to make them better situation about skill checks and Killers just make a strategy what is just RUIN any survivor points. Even if you are altruistic and you want to help someone who is camped, you get punishment with minus points about not-safe unhook.
For me Devs just don't know what they want... They said that survivors role is helping each other, survivors should play together - but in game if you are not with 3 friends and you are just playing solo or with 1-2 friends your game will be terrible and you have really small chance to make a pip (forget about 2 pips). - please remember that I am talking about altruistic styleplay - of course you can make points when you play selfish, but Devs said that survivors shouldn't be selfish...
And I said that before you ask - no, I am not low rank survivor, I am long time 1 rank survivor who always was going back for random player, and always game was giving me points for that, now I am punished about that and I don't get it... I really don't get it, what is survivor role now? Leaving others and making points on that what you can? Gens, totems, chests, gates? Never risk for other player? This is not cooperation with survivors, this is a war, contest 'Who make more points quickly' so everybody just ######### on that one survivor who is hooked and they just rush gens, clean totems, looking for chests cause that giving them safe points without risk that they will be that one on hook... But where is that going? To campers and tunnelers as 1 rank killer mains and selfish bastards 1 rank survivors who never help you cause points are more important?... On high rank now is 70% to meet someone selfish, 20% to meet someone who just co-op with killer as a survivor to make points and he just giving killer information where are others and only 10% to meet someone who really play like a team. IT'S TERRIBLE! If this game is changing in that way... Sad...
You're mistaken, altruism while in the end does contribute to a win state. It in itself is just a means to an end. The Dev said in a live stream that it's every survivor for himself, and sometimes you have to do a little backstabbing to make it so you can win. If a killer is camping or tunneling then you punish that by doing gens, or bringing in meta perks like DS. if you punish a killer that does this then they will go down and ranks because the worst thing you can do with a camping killer is sitting near the hook because that means that they're not being punished. They're wasting your time and they're not losing any emblem because you're sitting near the hook. You can also bring kindred so that way you can see the killer if he's camping.
The way I see it is this, camping, tunneling, and slugging are okay. This is because survivors can teabag, loop, hold the game hostage in the end game. Are these things annoying? Yeah but it's how you win and if you don't care about winning then don't try to win and let your rank go down. You can't punish someone for playing the game the way they want to play the game. The same way you can't ban a survivor, for playing the game the way they want to play it. If that means teabagging and clicking flashlights then so be it. It's the nature of competitive experiences, people will try to cheese and the best the devs can do is to incentivize good gameplay which they do by punishing camping with a emblem penalty, and by basically guaranteeing the survivors will get three gens by the end of a single life maybe even more!
There you go those are your tools to counter camping and tunneling. You can kit out your build for it, you can accept it as a part of the game, or you could get better and go up and rank where camping will be significantly less present.
OK. Everything what you talk to me I understand but still - you talking about situation when I'm playing with 3 friends, we have communication, a plan etc., but I mostly playing solo or with friend, then even if we trying to counter camping with rush gens, this one random player is going to unhook... We can't stop him. We can't tell him what is a plan... That is the difference and that is making game harder, especially when you don't want just watching how your team dying one by one.
People have a hard time realizing that they can't play this game the same way every time. Sometimes you can run a killer, sometimes its best to dwight the lockers. Sometimes a killer will let you be altruistic. Sometimes you can't. You need to adapt ti the situation and constantly change plans on the fly. I hate leaving people behind but...
Had a game last night. Someone was on hook last gen popped. I 99'd the door and started back to hook. Another person hook traded so i got survivors attention and ran behind her. I was injured, noed was up but it was a random time where i was running dead hard. Baited the swing and 2 of us got out. Moral of story, if i didn't have dead hard that other person was on their own.
I play solo. During course of match i do everything i can to keep everyone alive while doing generators. I dont run BT so i dont put myself into the position of hook trading. If doors are open i assess the situation and if its possible for a save ill go for it. If not then i need the bloodpoints.
You should run kindred... specially if you're playing alone. Whenever I see a killer camping I just rush those gens. I mean, 1 camp could easily turn into 3 or 4 gens done, easy win. Yeah, I know it sucks for whoever is on the hook but the best we can do is not feed the camper more kills and just leave.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
DS, looping and doing gens counters tunneling quite well.
Camping is only viable if Survivors make it viable. Essentially, if someone is getting camped, do gens and escape.
saying that camping and tunneling don't have counter shows how little your time playing this game is. I'd suggest you to play more, especially at red ranks, to know the counters.
All the other 3 survivors work on gens while the guy gets camped, there's your counterplay
--
If the killer wants you dead, the killer will sacrifice you.
The best you can do is buy your teammates time so your teammates can power generators and escape. 😁
--
I can’t believe this is a thing. Killers are incredibly weak at the moment and people like you still find a way to complain?
I assumed this was a troll wait is this serious?
BT: Just run to a loop.
DS: Run to a locker
Instaheals needed nerfs because they were being cheesed.
You get Light bringer points for distracting the killer from generators, if your teammates does generators. This will be a silver or gold quality, it depends on your ability to loop and mind game the killer.
Typically, you will get sacrificed with a silver broken emblem.
Chaser will likely be gold because you got involved in many chases.
Benevolence is bronze because you're not going to be making any unhooks.
Total Emblem Points: 9 out of 16.
Probably a safety pip just for dying from the killer.
The amount of people that complain 24/7 and talk about how bad it is but still play it is insane.
Thats why single player games are generally the way to go. You buy the game for a set price, play the game until completion, have fun doing so, and move on. There are no cosmetics to buy, no real money ingame purchases, and no battlepass. I have realized this recently. I still have alot of fun in DBD and certain other multiplayer games but when I do finally lose interest I will likely stay away from future multiplayer games. There is too much grind and it takes too much time.
--
--
I don't want to play a game like that either, idk why you survivors think its fun when we have to "camp" or "tunnel" but if we don't, and especially in red ranks we simply will lose. And not pip ourselves. And before someone says "you can pip without doing this" yeah but have you played a game where you are looped and hit with every pallet on the map for a safety pip.... Its infuriating.
Take a step back and view it from others point of view.
Literally the end of last year and beginning of this one has been a huge nerf to killers, like back to back to back... See how they feel.
You're mistaken, altruism while in the end does contribute to a win state. It in itself is just a means to an end. The Dev said in a live stream that it's every survivor for himself, and sometimes you have to do a little backstabbing to make it so you can win. If a killer is camping or tunneling then you punish that by doing gens, or bringing in meta perks like DS. if you punish a killer that does this then they will go down and ranks because the worst thing you can do with a camping killer is sitting near the hook because that means that they're not being punished. They're wasting your time and they're not losing any emblem because you're sitting near the hook. You can also bring kindred so that way you can see the killer if he's camping.
The way I see it is this, camping, tunneling, and slugging are okay. This is because survivors can teabag, loop, hold the game hostage in the end game. Are these things annoying? Yeah but it's how you win and if you don't care about winning then don't try to win and let your rank go down. You can't punish someone for playing the game the way they want to play the game. The same way you can't ban a survivor, for playing the game the way they want to play it. If that means teabagging and clicking flashlights then so be it. It's the nature of competitive experiences, people will try to cheese and the best the devs can do is to incentivize good gameplay which they do by punishing camping with a emblem penalty, and by basically guaranteeing the survivors will get three gens by the end of a single life maybe even more!
There you go those are your tools to counter camping and tunneling. You can kit out your build for it, you can accept it as a part of the game, or you could get better and go up and rank where camping will be significantly less present.
Doors open, person on hook, you need to expect NOED. Much like seeing an obsession means killer has to expext DS.
Doors open, killer camping, unless you are in a very coordinated team, that survivor on hook is done. Dont add to the kill count and just go.
I get you want to help people, but unhooking in killers face is not the way to go. Play smarter and you will win with a pip.
--
--
People have a hard time realizing that they can't play this game the same way every time. Sometimes you can run a killer, sometimes its best to dwight the lockers. Sometimes a killer will let you be altruistic. Sometimes you can't. You need to adapt ti the situation and constantly change plans on the fly. I hate leaving people behind but...
Had a game last night. Someone was on hook last gen popped. I 99'd the door and started back to hook. Another person hook traded so i got survivors attention and ran behind her. I was injured, noed was up but it was a random time where i was running dead hard. Baited the swing and 2 of us got out. Moral of story, if i didn't have dead hard that other person was on their own.
I play solo. During course of match i do everything i can to keep everyone alive while doing generators. I dont run BT so i dont put myself into the position of hook trading. If doors are open i assess the situation and if its possible for a save ill go for it. If not then i need the bloodpoints.
You should run kindred... specially if you're playing alone. Whenever I see a killer camping I just rush those gens. I mean, 1 camp could easily turn into 3 or 4 gens done, easy win. Yeah, I know it sucks for whoever is on the hook but the best we can do is not feed the camper more kills and just leave.