Stop complaining about hook suicides.

You get your BBQ stack and points for the hook and sacrifice, it's better than them DCing.

Stuff happens maybe they had something come up or they realized that their team is a bunch of potatoes. It's better if they suicide than dcing, yeah it sucks especially for the remaining survivors. You can't just force someone to keep playing if they can't or they got tired of playing.

There will always be complaints about everything no matter what happens. Look on the bright side for once.

Comments

  • If you're hook suiciding because something IRL came up, you are almost certainly not part of the problem.

    If you're hook suiciding because "my team sucks," I would be wary.

  • Why is anyone (other than survivors) complaining about Hook suicides? You gotta be one stupid Killer if you think a hook suicide isn't in your favor.

  • Killers are complaining about hook suicides? Weird. Just another one down, suicide all you want.

  • @NullEXE said:

    Why is anyone (other than survivors) complaining about Hook suicides? You gotta be one stupid Killer if you think a hook suicide isn't in your favor.

    Points and emblems

  • I mean, the complaints are more about it being used to bypass a DC to quickly exit a game and find a new one without punishment.

    Full 4 man SWF and Killers do not have that option.

  • Complaints about hook suicides are an attempt to make BHVR revert the DC penalty. From the survivors perspective a teammate killing themselves on hook or DCing is the same thing. It's the ones who regularly DC that are raising a stink.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Complaints about hook suicides are an attempt to make BHVR revert the DC penalty. From the survivors perspective a teammate killing themselves on hook or DCing is the same thing. It's the ones who regularly DC that are raising a stink.

    Or those who periodically crash through no fault of their own, and play tons of matches in a 24 hour window. Now I'm stuck incurring increasing penalties unless I take 24 hour breaks between marathons. They could use a percentage of games system, but instead they want to punish people playing too much.

    But it's fine. On the plus side, now I get to slug every killer game and watch them bleed out slowly over 4 minutes. Survivors sure seem to love it!

  • @fengsad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090596#Comment_1090596

    Or those who periodically crash through no fault of their own, and play tons of matches in a 24 hour window. Now I'm stuck incurring increasing penalties unless I take 24 hour breaks between marathons. They could use a percentage of games system, but instead they want to punish people playing too much.

    But it's fine. On the plus side, now I get to slug every killer game and watch them bleed out slowly over 4 minutes. Survivors sure seem to love it!

    If slugging 4 survivors and letting the bleed out is fun for you then have at it. This type of person would of done that regardless of DC penalty.

    Normal people don't turn into toxic ######### because of a rule change. They were always like that.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090654#Comment_1090654

    If slugging 4 survivors and letting the bleed out is fun for you then have at it. This type of person would of done that regardless of DC penalty.

    Normal people don't turn into toxic ######### because of a rule change. They were always like that.

    Wrong on both counts.

  • That you get when they suicide. You get points for second hook, and sacrifice when they sui on hook. All other points are obtainable via the other 1-3 survivors. So even if all 4 suicide on hook, you should always at least black pip unless you were camping, dropping survivors, repeatedly getting stunned, forcing them to die while in dying state, or Mori's (so things that just show you are bad at the killer role in general). Sorry, but not sorry. A survivor suiciding is only a win for Killer.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090578#Comment_1090578

    That you get when they suicide. You get points for second hook, and sacrifice when they sui on hook. All other points are obtainable via the other 1-3 survivors. So even if all 4 suicide on hook, you should always at least black pip unless you were camping, dropping survivors, or repeatedly getting stunned (so things that just show you are bad at the killer role in general). Sorry, but not sorry. A survivor suiciding is only a win for Killer.

    Who said I cared about pipping? I want more points.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Complaints about hook suicides are an attempt to make BHVR revert the DC penalty. From the survivors perspective a teammate killing themselves on hook or DCing is the same thing. It's the ones who regularly DC that are raising a stink.

    I'm complaining because I want them to punish excessive hook suiciding in addition to the current DC penalty system.

  • @TAG said:

    If you're hook suiciding because something IRL came up, you are almost certainly not part of the problem.

    If you're hook suiciding because "my team sucks," I would be wary.

    If I run the killer for 3 minutes and the team doesn't pop a single gen + they sandbag me by pallet camping even tho IM the one in the chase.. After I get downed and I see noone on gens I will get the hell out of this match on first hook. And yes, this happens in red ranks. Can't deal with dogshit like this.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090596#Comment_1090596

    I'm complaining because I want them to punish excessive hook suiciding in addition to the current DC penalty system.

    I would get very bored of the game having to constantly hook suicide. It's not the same thing as DCing.

    I also don't believe those with inflated egos would continue to allow killers to win by hooking them.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090566#Comment_1090566

    If I run the killer for 3 minutes and the team doesn't pop a single gen + they sandbag me by pallet camping even tho IM in the one in the chase.. After I get downed and I see noone on gens I will get the hell out of this match on first hook. And yes, this happens in red ranks. Can't deal with dogshit like this.

    But let's say I slug you with knockout and third seal. Now you have to sit there for 4 minutes doing nothing. No really guys, this is a great policy change.

  • @fengsad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090757#Comment_1090757

    But let's say I slug you with knockout and third seal. Now you have to sit there for 4 minutes doing nothing. No really guys, this is a great policy change.

    U quote the wrong post? Don't know how ours connect atm.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, the complaints are more about it being used to bypass a DC to quickly exit a game and find a new one without punishment.

    Full 4 man SWF and Killers do not have that option.

    Full 4 man SWF can all coordinate to let the killer find them if they're done.


    Also, why quit ifnits a 4 man SWF. Isnt the point to play with your friends? Lobby simulator for 20 mins doesnt sound as fun.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090589#Comment_1090589

    Full 4 man SWF can all coordinate to let the killer find them if they're done.

    Also, why quit ifnits a 4 man SWF. Isnt the point to play with your friends? Lobby simulator for 20 mins doesnt sound as fun.

    That's why they don't really have that option. Also if one does they all gotta wait for him and that guy is just waiting for the others and just in general no one is gonna do it in an SWF.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090566#Comment_1090566

    If I run the killer for 3 minutes and the team doesn't pop a single gen + they sandbag me by pallet camping even tho IM in the one in the chase.. After I get downed and I see noone on gens I will get the hell out of this match on first hook. And yes, this happens in red ranks. Can't deal with dogshit like this.

    That's why I said "I would be wary" and not "you are part of the problem."

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090746#Comment_1090746

    I would get very bored of the game having to constantly hook suicide. It's not the same thing as DCing.

    I also don't believe those with inflated egos would continue to allow killers to win by hooking them.

    No, it's not the same. But if hook suiciding becomes a workaround to DCing many people are willing to take, something should be done about that IMO.

  • Exactly. Emblems tie in to rank. Rank is not ranked. It's a matchmaking tool.

    People get so hung up on pips and rank like it matters.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090566#Comment_1090566

    If I run the killer for 3 minutes and the team doesn't pop a single gen + they sandbag me by pallet camping even tho IM in the one in the chase.. After I get downed and I see noone on gens I will get the hell out of this match on first hook. And yes, this happens in red ranks. Can't deal with dogshit like this.

    Ditto.