If there’s a penalty for DC’ing there should be one for camping
I’ve only been playing the game for almost a year now and I’ve enjoyed my moments being a killer, only for a while, and a survivor. And I get when you have serious players that are trying to focus on the game and there are people that are just goofing off or helping the killer and that causes people to rage quit. Or when a player just gets mad at the get go because he either hates the type of killer it is, the survivor is a troller or it’s someone very toxic causes someone to leave as well(I don’t think giving a penalty for faulty internet service or a power outage should a thing but that’s a topic for another moment). But I think it should be more balanced for certain things that people do in the game as well, i.e. camping. Killers doing this doesn’t give a chance for some players to enjoy the game to their fullest because of small annoyances. Sure enough the killer won’t get a lot of BP for camping but I don’t think it’s gonna make them stop. Where’s the “sportsmanship” in this? The challenge? The fun? If there’s not gonna be a “Report” option at the end of a game for a camper why not just penalize the killer other than just and exclusion of some points that they will recover later on?
Comments
I would never blame a rank 16 killer for facecamping a rank 2 SWF. That killer is trying to secure a single kill and that match can only be fun if the survivor stop doing gens to bully the ######### out of the killer. It’s really a balance issue.
Dude what all you talking about the only point I was making to the Op was that all they need to do is play at higher ranks I don’t know why you’re talking about blaming killers
The plan still depends on the stupidity of the opponent. The first time someone goes down there and is attacked, the survivors should just hit gens and go unless they have BT and Steptic addons.
If you depend on stupidity in the plan, it is not an actual strategy. Its8a hope and a prayer. I've seen many basement Bubbas with Insid destroyed with 1k and less than 10k BP. I've seen stupider teams destroyed because they can't seem to figure out that Bubba is hiding down there and they keep going in. Duh.
Capitalizing on misplays is a plan in my book.
Exactly. It's a plan, but not a strategy. There is a difference. Strategies take multiple factors, including opponents strength and weakness as well as terrain into consideration. Plans are singularly focused on one idea no matter what.
"Plan" and "strategy" are straight-up synonyms, so I'm not sure how a plan is not a strategy.
There is a penalty: (1) you lose points; (2) you lose any game against good survivors most of the time; (3) you lose anyways because there are plenty of tactics and perks to work around camping, so in this case you lose points and the person escapes anyways. There is no need to touch that subject.
You've obviously never had military or tactical training then. One is Macro, one is Micro.
Macro and micro are literally antonyms. That does not make sense.
It doesn't have to be a good strategy to be valid. The have said that it is a valid strat. The devs have also said disconnecting will be punished . So disconnecting is not a valid strat
Ok, you obviously are completely lost. I'm done with this one. You should look up the difference between Macro and Micro, then continue to educate yourself. Not trying to be rude, just saying that if you don't know the difference, this conversation can't move forward. lol
The difference between macro and micro is that they are opposites. Plan and strategy are the opposite of opposites. They are...the same thing. That is why "plan" and "strategy" are synonyms while "macro" and "micro" are antonyms. Is anything that I am saying wrong?
Ahaha, nice bait, it will NEVER happen, camping will never be punishable, just deal with it 😘