KI and Legion: Question to the Devs.
Directed to the Devs, this is just a purely intellectual question, I hope it's not drowned out by the other messages you get. (to @Peanits, @not_Queen, @McLean, @Janick, @Almo, or whoever wants to answer this). If you don't want to because of being busy, I understand. It's just that this has been bugging me for ages now.
So This question is mainly about this issue:
I've taken to using Legion to get fast easy hits with Dark Devotion as of the past 4 months, and it works quite well (My current build is DD, Corrupt Intervention, Dying Light, and BBQ... it's very hit or miss). However, one thing I've noticed is that the Killer Instinct readings transfer over to the obsession when in frenzy. So if anyone gets into their TR and Legion is frenzied, they'll be seen if they are near the obsession, not those nearby the Legion themselves.
My question is this: Is this an intentional mechanic, is the KI mechanic tied to TR, or is this an unforeseen bug with DD and Legion?
...Because if it's intentional, it's a mean way to camp the slugged obsession, that's for sure.
Comments
It's intentional, it's tied to your tr, if you would run tinkerer you wouldn't see anyone in Frenzy.
Well, I was hoping for a Dev to confirm that... but it seems it is. Which is a bummer 'cause I would love for Dark Devotion to not be weird like that.
It works like that with Doctor too. So you can zap Survivors with the tr that is on the obsession, this perk is weird but fun and does have some synergies with killer powers.
If I could direct you to the dbd wiki (not official, I know, however is the best source of info we have), you can see that killer instinct shows anyone within the terror radius. Therfore, Dark Devotion will show anyone within the obsession's terror radius, as it's classed as that of the Legion. Therefore, it doesn't act weird, as it interacts with the terror radius like all other terror radius perks. Think of KI as similar to Unnerving Presence, it works within the terror radius currently emitted.
How did you not know this already?
Legions case though isnt solely reliant on the TR though. If you'll note, The never sleep pills for example can increase the detection range while not affecting the actual TR.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Never-Sleep_PillsI don't get your plan. DD just works with basic hits right? And that consumes half of your power gauge. So you first need to wait until your power is back, then find someone to use Frenzy on and then make use of the KI? Isn't DD already gone by then? Also the heavy breathing gives some hint, so you are not that stealthy anymore even if you would still be undetectable
Whilst this is true, the detection aspect of his kit is tied to the terror radius, not necessarily the range of it.
It is. The obsession takes on your tr when hit with regular attack. The same effect will apply to doctors static blast and affect bt, coulrophobia, unnerving and overwhelming presence
Well, That definitely answers the question.
It's just weird that it works with DD that way.
Well, I know how DD works, it's just weird that the KI readings get transferred too.
Here is my plan with this build: Dying Light has a slow buildup, so I use Corrupt to buy time. Legion sucks in getting the first hit if people know where he's coming from. So, I use Dark Devotion, hit the obsession, leave the obsession, and then by the time you find someone you will have frenzy back (this build only works if you have one ruler addon, and besides, you don't always need frenzy if they stay injured, which many do against a legion). It's good for being unpredictable, and when people realize you have it, they get very wary whenever the obsession gets hit.
My question about the KI readings was about if this glitch where it transfers it to the obsession was intentional, but it appears that is the case.
I was asking if the Dark Devotion KI readings (very specific part of the power) transfer was a glitch or not. It appears it isn't, which is a very weird interaction between killer power and perk.
I may have the most hours in Legion I know of, but I was just confused about that very specific part of his kit.
Out of curiosity, how is it weird? If docs static blast gets transferred with DD, which is a part of his power, then it makes sense that the bit of Legions power that works with the terror radius would also be transferred.
You'd think that the detection would always be anchored to the killer instead of the survivor in that situation.... as well as the shock being tied to doc, not the survivor...
I'm actually quite confused that it works with the doctor like that. Sure, thinking about the DD mechanic it makes sense, thinking about the doctor it totally doesn't
I mean both say they're tied to the terror radius. So removing your terror radius and giving it to someone else, it would make sense that the bits of the power tied to the terror radius travel with it, no?
Sure it makes sense, but as I said, just regarding the perk description. Having the doc blast a shock somewhere feels kinda strange.