Sound being linked to animations is not a valid argument

This is my problem with some of the statements regarding sounds issues.

I understand that coding is complex and there are many different variables involved, although this is true for every game and it is not a valid excuse when it comes to poor delivery.

Sound IS an IMPORTANT part of the game, and the sound issues have been around for far too long, and it should be a priority to stabilise the situation and PREVENT further damage as much as possible.

Please devs focus on this aspect, it is so important

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't get these "sound issues", I haven't really noticed anything as killer or survivor regarding sounds, anyone care to explain?

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    I don't get these "sound issues", I haven't really noticed anything as killer or survivor regarding sounds, anyone care to explain?

    There have been issues where you cannot hear Survivors being injured or their footsteps, despite them not having Iron Will. I have not experienced those lately.

    What I still experience: Survivors on the ground not making any sounds. This is highly annoying, if someone goes for the Slug, they cannot find the Survivors afterwards. Also not really nice for the Survivor, I would prefer to get hooked instead of bleeding out for 4 minutes.

    Also, sometimes your own Survivor does not make any injured sounds, but this is only on your side and will go away when crouching. Others hear you.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066741#Comment_1066741

    There have been issues where you cannot hear Survivors being injured or their footsteps, despite them not having Iron Will. I have not experienced those lately.

    What I still experience: Survivors on the ground not making any sounds. This is highly annoying, if someone goes for the Slug, they cannot find the Survivors afterwards. Also not really nice for the Survivor, I would prefer to get hooked instead of bleeding out for 4 minutes.

    Also, sometimes your own Survivor does not make any injured sounds, but this is only on your side and will go away when crouching. Others hear you.

    @Amygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066741#Comment_1066741

    You don't usually notice these type of issues in majority of the match since its the little details but it does happen. I once lost a Claudette because I chose to slug for a bit to pressure generators, Next time I came back I couldn't find the claudette because grass and she's not making any noise.

    You don't notice this as a Survivor as well since its much more rare, I recall getting grabbed by a Tier 1 myers out in the open without me hearing his breathing nor his footsteps UNTIL the very last second and I even knew this was Myers. This coming from the guy who always reacted to Jump scare myers in his best maps so I know BS when i hear one.

    Hasn't really happened to me, but I guess it must be really #########.

  • Oh yeah, it is annoying. But like I said, I did not experience the Injured Sound or Footstep Bug lately. And yes, when this is happening, it is frustrating. One time I got really mad, because a Jake was disappearing the whole time, because every time he turned a Corner, I did not hear him.

  • Argument for what, exactly? They weren't arguing anything, they were explaining why sound bugs come up so often, because people keep complaining that they're not transparent enough about their development process. They didn't say it was an ideal state of affairs, and they certainly didn't say they weren't doing anything about fixing it.

    I mean, yes, you're quite right that sound is important and fixing it should be a priority. But you're coming across like you're saying the cause of the bug is somehow invalid.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Argument for what, exactly? They weren't arguing anything, they were explaining why sound bugs come up so often, because people keep complaining that they're not transparent enough about their development process. They didn't say it was an ideal state of affairs, and they certainly didn't say they weren't doing anything about fixing it.

    I mean, yes, you're quite right that sound is important and fixing it should be a priority. But you're coming across like you're saying the cause of the bug is somehow invalid.

    Maybe worded poorly, but in”think,” what they mean is that saying they know it’s related to animations but not actually fixing it isn’t enough. Yes, they’re a small team and there are millions of lines of codes but this is months, literally months of the game being broken in one of its most important aspects.

    The reason people are so harsh is because this bug primarily affects killers, missing survivors who are literally a foot away behind a bush because they’re injured and we assume we would hear them so we don’t look. And nooo it isn’t always iron will I check after game.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066760#Comment_1066760

    Maybe worded poorly, but in”think,” what they mean is that saying they know it’s related to animations but not actually fixing it isn’t enough. Yes, they’re a small team and there are millions of lines of codes but this is months, literally months of the game being broken in one of its most important aspects.

    The reason people are so harsh is because this bug primarily affects killers, missing survivors who are literally a foot away behind a bush because they’re injured and we assume we would hear them so we don’t look. And nooo it isn’t always iron will I check after game.

    I understand why people have problems with the bug. That's why I said I agree that it's important and needs fixing. But taking issue with the devs attempting to explain why the bug exists just comes off like they're looking for something to be mad about. If OP is mad about the bug not being fixed, they can just say they're mad about the bug not being fixed. No need to take offence at such an inoffensive statement as "here's why there are sound bugs".

  • @Fibijean said:

    Argument for what, exactly? They weren't arguing anything, they were explaining why sound bugs come up so often, because people keep complaining that they're not transparent enough about their development process. They didn't say it was an ideal state of affairs, and they certainly didn't say they weren't doing anything about fixing it.

    I mean, yes, you're quite right that sound is important and fixing it should be a priority. But you're coming across like you're saying the cause of the bug is somehow invalid.

    Programming being difficult is NOT an argument for poor execution.

    The sound bugs have been around for months now, and they have been a constant issue in dbd every few patches.

    This situation needs to change, because sound is part of the game and if a change in another area of the code impacts sounds in a negative way something needs to be done to avoid this.

    I play plenty of others online games and I have never seen so many sounds related bugs, despite playing several games with the same engine of dbd.

    In 2019-2020 we had already 3 situations when sounds were bugged, twice favouring survivors and once favouring killers.

    It is important to fix this situation as fast as possible and take serious steps to try, as much as possible to avoid further issues.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066760#Comment_1066760

    Programming being difficult is NOT an argument for poor execution.

    The sound bugs have been around for months now, and they have been a constant issue in dbd every few patches.

    This situation needs to change, because sound is part of the game and if a change in another area of the code impacts sounds in a negative way something needs to be done to avoid this.

    I play plenty of others online games and I have never seen so many sounds related bugs, despite playing several games with the same engine of dbd.

    In 2019-2020 we had already 3 situations when sounds were bugged, twice favouring survivors and once favouring killers.

    It is important to fix this situation as fast as possible and take serious steps to try, as much as possible to avoid further issues.

    Of course... and nothing the devs have ever said contradicts any of that. Explaining why something happened the way it did is not the same thing as saying "we couldn't help it because it's hard". I don't understand why you keep insisting that the devs are trying to "argue" something to the effect of "it's fine for the sound to be bugged because fixing it is too hard", when that's simply not true.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066803#Comment_1066803

    Of course... and nothing the devs have ever said contradicts any of that. Explaining why something happened the way it did is not the same thing as saying "we couldn't help it because it's hard". I don't understand why you keep insisting that the devs are trying to "argue" something to the effect of "it's fine for the sound to be bugged because fixing it is too hard", when that's simply not true.

    Well, this bug gonna be half year old soon, so it's too hard or somebody doesn't care enough (aka low priority).

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066803#Comment_1066803

    Of course... and nothing the devs have ever said contradicts any of that. Explaining why something happened the way it did is not the same thing as saying "we couldn't help it because it's hard". I don't understand why you keep insisting that the devs are trying to "argue" something to the effect of "it's fine for the sound to be bugged because fixing it is too hard", when that's simply not true.

    I understand, I am simply trying to have a functioning game, where all the aspects are considered, even of it means slowly recoding the game to a more stable code

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066825#Comment_1066825

    I understand, I am simply trying to have a functioning game, where all the aspects are considered, even of it means slowly recoding the game to a more stable code

    Yeah, that's what we all want at the end of the day. Without seeing the code itself, it's hard to know how feasible an option that is, though. DBD might just be built on shakier foundations than the other games you mentioned, and it's hard to repair the foundations once you've already built on top of them without causing the whole building to collapse.

    Again, though, I do agree that the sound bugs should be high priority. Hopefully there will be a fix soon - for all we know, they could be working on one as we speak.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066843#Comment_1066843

    Yeah, that's what we all want at the end of the day. Without seeing the code itself, it's hard to know how feasible an option that is, though. DBD might just be built on shakier foundations than the other games you mentioned, and it's hard to repair the foundations once you've already built on top of them without causing the whole building to collapse.

    Again, though, I do agree that the sound bugs should be high priority. Hopefully there will be a fix soon - for all we know, they could be working on one as we speak.

    Gg :)