Loosing points cause you're near the unhook is dumb...

I don't tunnel, I don't camp, no NOED, never used Ruin...

You have no idea how many times I've hooked someone, I turn around to go away and another guy insta unhooks... Yes, I start a chase against the hero, not the unhooked one, but the fact I lost points cause a guy decided not to let me go away and the game thinks I'm camping is dumb AH...

How about you add a points punishment for survivors who insta unhook? NO, cause that'd make end game campers make you lose points when you're trying to save your teammate....

EDIT: Again, no, I'm not in a chase, I hooked someone, literally turned around and a guy insta unhooks... It takes away emblem points cause the game thinks you're camping cause you weren't in a chase and you were close to the hook.

HOW DO YOU THINK THIS CAN BE FIXED?

ANSWERED: "You do lose chaser score if you stay near a hooked survivor and there's no other survivors nearby. This kicks in after they've been on the hook for a while, it's not immediate. If there are other survivors nearby, you won't lose any chaser score. The game recognizes that you can't reasonably leave so it won't punish you."

New question about it: But what if I'm hag or trapper placing traps, or huntress going to a nearby locker for axes and it takes me more than 10 seconds to leave?

Comments

  • Don't lose points while an unhook is being performed?

  • You don't lose points if you are in chase. Im pretty sure anyways.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Don't lose points while an unhook is being performed?

    It's an actual sistem to punish face campers, I'm talking about losing emblem points when someone unhooks and you're next or close to the hook as a camper punishment, and that's the problem that made this be implemented; but the fact that insta unhooks done by dumb survivors take points away from me when I try to go away is just dumb...

  • @Clevite said:

    You don't lose points if you are in chase. Im pretty sure anyways.

    No, I'm not in a chase, I hooked someone, literally turned around and a guy insta unhooks... It takes away emblem points cause the game thinks you're camping cause you weren't in a chase and you were close to the hook.

  • It is very dumb because the system will not deter a face camper.

  • Just suck it up and lose about 300 bps

  • This isn't a thing. Hookbombing does not affect killer's chaser emblem.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    Just suck it up and lose about 300 bps

    No, no, it's not the BP that concern me, it's the emblem points, a pip is a win in my mind

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049886#Comment_1049886

    It's an actual sistem to punish face campers, I'm talking about losing emblem points when someone unhooks and you're next or close to the hook as a camper punishment, and that's the problem that made this be implemented; but the fact that insta unhooks done by dumb survivors take points away from me when I try to go away is just dumb...

    It only triggers after a few seconds:

    • -3 points: deducted each second you are within moderate proximity (16 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • -7.5 points: deducted each second you are within extreme proximity (8 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)


    But to fix this, they should also consider other survivors camping. If there are other survivors at the same distance from the hooked survivors, the loss of points would pause.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049897#Comment_1049897

    No, no, it's not the BP that concern me, it's the emblem points, a pip is a win in my mind

    How many kills do you get and what color emblem do you normally get. Also mention rank so I can have a guess at if you pip still or not.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049888#Comment_1049888

    No, I'm not in a chase, I hooked someone, literally turned around and a guy insta unhooks... It takes away emblem points cause the game thinks you're camping cause you weren't in a chase and you were close to the hook.

    I didn't realize you lost points that fast. I thought there was like a 15 second window of something. Damn

  • @SunderMun said:

    This isn't a thing. Hookbombing does not affect killer's chaser emblem.

    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the game punishes camping when an unhook is done and you were next to the hooked person, if this was taken away then there's nothing actually punishing campers.

    @Peanits sorry to bother you, would you please tell us if campers get any punishment in terms of BP or Emplem points?

  • You don't lose points in this example.

    You have to be standing near the hook for a set time to start losing points so you have a chance to leave the area and also if a survivor is within a set range of the hook you don't lose points.

    For example in the chsser points.

    • -3 points: deducted each second you are within moderate proximity (16 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • -7.5 points: deducted each second you are within extreme proximity (8 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)


  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049899#Comment_1049899

    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the game punishes camping when an unhook is done and you were next to the hooked person, if this was taken away then there's nothing actually punishing campers.

    @Peanits sorry to bother you, would you please tell us if campers get any punishment in terms of BP or Emplem points?

    Campers do; killers who have survivors hookbombing do not lose them.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049901#Comment_1049901

    How many kills do you get and what color emblem do you normally get. Also mention rank so I can have a guess at if you pip still or not.

    3k+ every game, Trapper main, Xbox, Red ranks, I usually get max emblem in sacrifice, that being gold+

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049899#Comment_1049899

    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the game punishes camping when an unhook is done and you were next to the hooked person, if this was taken away then there's nothing actually punishing campers.

    @Peanits sorry to bother you, would you please tell us if campers get any punishment in terms of BP or Emplem points?

    You do lose chaser score if you stay near a hooked survivor and there's no other survivors nearby. This kicks in after they've been on the hook for a while, it's not immediate. If there are other survivors nearby, you won't lose any chaser score. The game recognizes that you can't reasonably leave so it won't punish you.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    You don't lose points in this example.

    You have to be standing near the hook for a set time to start losing points so you have a chance to leave the area and also if a survivor is within a set range of the hook you don't lose points.

    For example in the chsser points.

    • -3 points: deducted each second you are within moderate proximity (16 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • -7.5 points: deducted each second you are within extreme proximity (8 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)

    Where can I check that data? I really wanna read it! Thanks btw!

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049910#Comment_1049910

    You do lose chaser score if you stay near a hooked survivor and there's no other survivors nearby. This kicks in after they've been on the hook for a while, it's not immediate. If there are other survivors nearby, you won't lose any chaser score. The game recognizes that you can't reasonably leave so it won't punish you.

    Thanks! Editing post!

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I don't tunnel, I don't camp, no NOED, never used Ruin...

    You have no idea how many times I've hooked someone, I turn around to go away and another guy insta unhooks... Yes, I start a chase against the hero, not the unhooked one, but the fact I lost points cause a guy decided not to let me go away and the game thinks I'm camping is dumb AH...

    How about you add a points punishment for survivors who insta unhook? NO, cause that'd make end game campers make you lose points when you're trying to save your teammate....

    EDIT: Again, no, I'm not in a chase, I hooked someone, literally turned around and a guy insta unhooks... It takes away emblem points cause the game thinks you're camping cause you weren't in a chase and you were close to the hook.

    HOW DO YOU THINK THIS CAN BE FIXED?

    I looked up emblem. Says takes effect after 10 seconds. So guess you gotta run away quickly. Lol

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049910#Comment_1049910

    You do lose chaser score if you stay near a hooked survivor and there's no other survivors nearby. This kicks in after they've been on the hook for a while, it's not immediate. If there are other survivors nearby, you won't lose any chaser score. The game recognizes that you can't reasonably leave so it won't punish you.

    So, if I'm trapper with extra trapps and as soon as I hook someone I start setting them I lose points if it took me 10+ seconds? Same question for Hag and Huntress grabbing axes

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049891#Comment_1049891

    It only triggers after a few seconds:

    • -3 points: deducted each second you are within moderate proximity (16 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)
    • -7.5 points: deducted each second you are within extreme proximity (8 metres) to a hooked Survivor (only applied after 10 seconds)

    But to fix this, they should also consider other survivors camping. If there are other survivors at the same distance from the hooked survivors, the loss of points would pause.

    But what if I'm hag or trapper placing traps, or huntress going to a nearby locker for axes and it takes me more than 10 seconds to leave?

    Damn...

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049902#Comment_1049902

    But what if I'm hag or trapper placing traps, or huntress going to a nearby locker for axes and it takes me more than 10 seconds to leave?

    Damn...

    Well, you will loose a bit which won't take that much points away. If they had an option not to loose points if you were placing traps, killers would abuse it to camp so, just take a small loos of points. If you really just placing a trap, that won't take that much points away or they could just had a few more seconds for killers that can place traps. Huntress however, might be trickier.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049914#Comment_1049914

    Where can I check that data? I really wanna read it! Thanks btw!

    Chaser

    In the same patch (2.3.0), we introduced a “proximity to hooked Survivor” penalty. It was initially a conservative penalty but has been increased to be more penalizing to Killers who remain in proximity. Most players will not notice significant changes to their resulting emblem quality as the penalty applies ten seconds after hooking a Survivor, and does not apply if: A) another Survivor is in the 16M radius; B) The Killer is in a chase; C) if the hooked Survivor is the last Survivor remaining.


    @not_Queen said:

    People of The Fog,

    As some of you may have noticed, we launched the Chapter 11 Demise of the Faithful PTB with some slight changes to the Emblem System. This is the first step in an ongoing effort to improve our ranking and Emblem System. Therefore, we want to provide you with information on how these changes may affect your matches and overall rank in Dead by Daylight.

    WHY CHANGE THE SYSTEM?

    There have been many community concerns recently regarding the current state of ranking. We wanted to address these concerns by adjusting the system to provide an incremental difficulty scale in both achieving and maintaining higher ranks. Each rank group (color) now sets its own requirements for pipping thresholds rather than remaining a static goal no matter how high in rank you climb.

    In addition to the changes to pipping and ranking, there were several changes made to Killer emblem scoring. Killers have been generally pipping at a much faster rate than Survivors since the release of the Emblem System back in April 2018. This was causing issues with our matchmaking system, as Killers in red ranks would have a harder time finding matches as Survivors ranked up at a slower rate.

    WHAT CHANGED IN THE RANKING SYSTEM?

    The number of points required to meet certain pip thresholds has changed, based on the rank group you are currently in. The rank groups and thresholds are as follows:

    Rank 17-20 (BROWN)

    0-8 points = 0 pips;

    9-13 points = +1 pip;

    14-16 points = +2 pips.

    Rank 13-16 (YELLOW)

    0-5 points = -1 pip;

    6-9 points = 0 pips;

    10-13 points = +1 pip;

    14-16 points = +2 pips.

    Rank 9-12 (GREEN)

    0-6 points = -1 pip;

    7-10 points = 0 pips;

    11-14 points = +1 pip;

    15-16 points = +2 pips.

    Rank 5-8 (PURPLE)

    0-7 points = -1 pip;

    8-11 points = 0 pips;

    12-14 points = +1 pip;

    15-16 points = +2 pips.

    Rank 1-4 (RED)

    0-8 points = -1 pip;

    9-12 points = 0 pips;

    13-15 points = +1 pip;

    16 points = +2 pips.

    As you can see, the requirements to pip increase as you move through the ranks making it more challenging to achieve a higher rank group (red, purple, etc.) and then remain there.

    WHAT CHANGED IN THE EMBLEM SCORING?

    Devout

    This emblem was problematic in that Iridescent results occurred more often than any others, and the scoring was binary (did you get 4 kills? Yes / No).

    To rectify this situation, two AND three kills results in Silver and all four kills results in Gold. We added a condition to score Iridescent. Now you require all four kills AND nine or more hook events. This condition will make Iridescent much harder to acquire (as Iridescent results are intended to be) especially for camping Killers. The difficulty level represents the work and effort of going through the process of hunting, downing, and hooking all four Survivors.

    As we introduced in Patch 2.3.0 (October 2018), Devout continues to award a minimum of Bronze quality if all four Survivors are hooked at least once.

    Chaser

    In the same patch (2.3.0), we introduced a “proximity to hooked Survivor” penalty. It was initially a conservative penalty but has been increased to be more penalizing to Killers who remain in proximity. Most players will not notice significant changes to their resulting emblem quality as the penalty applies ten seconds after hooking a Survivor, and does not apply if: A) another Survivor is in the 16M radius; B) The Killer is in a chase; C) if the hooked Survivor is the last Survivor remaining.

    Gatekeeper

    This emblem was also problematic in the results we recorded. Iridescent results were occurring approximately 2x more than Gold, and about 6x more than no emblem quality. We identified this issue as being one of an indefinite time frame, causing a large amount of outlier results from exceptionally long matches that skewed the results.

    The rework of this emblem scores The Killer points for each defended generator once every minute of the match for the first nine minutes. If the match ends before the nine minutes is up, it scores every remaining minute. The generators are worth more the longer that they are defended for. The Killer also scores bonus points in Gatekeeper if they finish the match with one or more defended generators.

    WHAT WERE THE RESULTS FROM THE PTB?

    The results from the PTB gave us a greater insight into the changes that were made to both emblem scoring and pipping. We noted the following:

    Devout results were as intended.

    However, Iridescent quality was slightly lower than expected. The conditions to achieve an Iridescent have been modified from 10+ hook events to 9+ hook events to make this condition easier to meet.

    Chaser was broken.

    The Plague was not registering Brutality scoring events when applying damage and this was not triggering successful chase results in the emblem outcome. This has now been addressed. If you find that you are losing significant Chaser points from camping, then this emblem scoring is working as intended.

    Gatekeeper results were much harsher than intended.

    The scores received from remaining gens has been reduced to put more emphasis and value on the points scored in the early stages of the match. The thresholds have been reduced to make it easier to score. Defending two or more gens for the first nine minutes of the match will now result in a quality of Silver – even if you lose both of them by the end of the match.

    We strongly believe the changes made to the emblem scoring as noted above will show a significant improvement over what was experienced in the PTB. As we are always looking to improve our game, we will continue to monitor and maintain the system going forward.

    See you in The Fog, The Dead by Daylight Team

    It's in the wiki as posted above but I've linked the post by Not_queen also 😀.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049921#Comment_1049921

    So, if I'm trapper with extra trapps and as soon as I hook someone I start setting them I lose points if it took me 10+ seconds? Same question for Hag and Huntress grabbing axes

    The range is only 16 meters, and you've got 10 seconds to leave that area. Even if you spend the first six seconds in a staring contest with the survivor, you'll have enough time to leave that radius before the penalty kicks in. It shouldn't cause any problems unless you're really taking your time to set up or grab hatchets (looking at the hags out there who place all ten traps leading out of the basement).

    Even if it does start before you leave, it only knocks off three points ever second, whereas a single hit will give you more than 50. It's pretty negligible unless you're really hanging around or facecamping.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049937#Comment_1049937

    The range is only 16 meters, and you've got 10 seconds to leave that area. Even if you spend the first six seconds in a staring contest with the survivor, you'll have enough time to leave that radius before the penalty kicks in. It shouldn't cause any problems unless you're really taking your time to set up or grab hatchets (looking at the hags out there who place all ten traps leading out of the basement).

    Even if it does start before you leave, it only knocks off three points ever second, whereas a single hit will give you more than 50. It's pretty negligible unless you're really hanging around or facecamping.

    Thanks!

  • You shouldn't lose points for it period. It's a strategy. A boring one, that isn't effective, but it is one still.

    If you face camp you'll lose points by people doing gens and escaping. Adding an additional loss of points was done to protect survivor's fun once again.