5 Gens Haha More Like 4

By the time I can even get to the otherside of the map 3 survivors all spawned together and have already finished one generator, but no sorry it's all my fault for not applying pressure.

Comments

  • Corrupt Intervention.

  • Shouldn't have to rely on a perk to carry though, look what they did to ruin.

  • Oh no, you lost a gen that's hard to patrol, whatever shall you do?

  • It sucks to have gens pop early, but really, a killer can't lock down an entire map. You're gonna have to concede some of the generators. If you try to control the entire map, you're gonna lose it all. Focus, make a manageable section of the map your #########.

    Sure, there are some matches where you can prevent any gens from getting done, but that's usually against potato survivors. Against survivors who actually know to do gens, you're gonna be less frustrated if you accept some generators were lost causes from the start. Trying to patrol every inch of the map is a time waster, a game loser, and in general just not fun.

  • Yeah it's a guaranteed 1 or 2 gens complete depending on the map before you get any real momentum.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    It sucks to have gens pop early, but really, a killer can't lock down an entire map. You're gonna have to concede some of the generators. If you try to control the entire map, you're gonna lose it all. Focus, make a manageable section of the map your #########.

    Sure, there are some matches where you can prevent any gens from getting done, but that's usually against potato survivors. Against survivors who actually know to do gens, you're gonna be less frustrated if you accept some generators were lost causes from the start. Trying to patrol every inch of the map is a time waster, a game loser, and in general just not fun.

    Thanks for being nice about it, unlike some of the other people on here, I was just venting.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Oh no, you lost a gen that's hard to patrol, whatever shall you do?

    I take it you're a survivor main, all I'm saying is that it's really sh*tty to lose one of the generators not even 20 seconds into the game that's all.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034578#Comment_1034578

    I take it you're a survivor main, all I'm saying is that it's really sh*tty to lose one of the generators not even 20 seconds into the game that's all.

    I take it you didn't look into gen times before posting?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034621#Comment_1034621

    I take it you didn't look into gen times before posting?

    I take it you don't know what a hyperbole is then

  • There should not be done generators before killer can even walk across map. Repair speeds are really crazy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124245/5-gens-haha-more-like-4

    The goal isn’t to prevent any gen repairs. It’s to sacrifice survivors. 1 gen popping before reaching the other side of the map doesn’t mean anything at all.

    I understand that, but it does mean that the game will go by a bit faster as they have one less generator to repair.

  • @Runcore said:

    There should not be done generators before killer can even walk across map. Repair speeds are really crazy.

    Thank you, that's what I'm saying

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034639#Comment_1034639

    But that is so early in the game. Meaning so many more variables can come into play still that affect match length and match outcome.

    1 gen popping quick really shouldn’t be an issue. Whether or not a killer keeps a cool head when that happens does matter though.

    Yeah I get your point, its just it's better if it's not done, ya know

  • Honestly I don't know where you're coming from. A distant generator being lost fast because of survivors deciding to gang up on it might be annoying, but it's balanced. I thought you "killer mains" were all about balance?

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034594#Comment_1034594

    Thanks for being nice about it, unlike some of the other people on here, I was just venting.

    Of course. I completely understand your frustration. I hate it when I start a match and a gen pops before I get over there. It sucks, it puts a lot of pressure on me to start pressuring them. But, if you can force them to do the outlier gens and keep a number of closer gens from getting done, then you bring the survivors to you instead of having to search high and low for them.

    Just try to think of it as: the map starts off big, but as survivors do gens, the map gets smaller. If you can keep that smaller map as one solid area rather than a fractured mess, then as it gets smaller, you get more powerful. In this game, I'm never happier as a survivor than when the last three gens are on opposite corners of the map.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034636#Comment_1034636

    Honestly I don't know where you're coming from. A distant generator being lost fast because of survivors deciding to gang up on it might be annoying, but it's balanced. I thought you "killer mains" were all about balance?

    I get what you're saying but as a killer it is better to have more generators unrepaired, than finished right? If they finish one and then the killer chases one while the other 3 start repairing individual gens, there is no way for the killer to pressure all 3 of them off of the gens. And before you know it another 2 are done.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034620#Comment_1034620

    Of course. I completely understand your frustration. I hate it when I start a match and a gen pops before I get over there. It sucks, it puts a lot of pressure on me to start pressuring them. But, if you can force them to do the outlier gens and keep a number of closer gens from getting done, then you bring the survivors to you instead of having to search high and low for them.

    Just try to think of it as: the map starts off big, but as survivors do gens, the map gets smaller. If you can keep that smaller map as one solid area rather than a fractured mess, then as it gets smaller, you get more powerful. In this game, I'm never happier as a survivor than when the last three gens are on opposite corners of the map.

    Sometimes when they three gen strat themselves the game just seems to drag on a bit, if I don't chase one of them and just patrol them constantly. But thanks for seeing my side of things.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034660#Comment_1034660

    I get what you're saying but as a killer it is better to have more generators unrepaired, than finished right? If they finish one and then the killer chases one while the other 3 start repairing individual gens, there is no way for the killer to pressure all 3 of them off of the gens. And before you know it another 2 are done.

    So you're saying it will take 80 seconds plus to hook another survivor, AFTER the survivors finish splitting up? It all really depends on maps and killers, but once survivors group up and don't spread out gen pressure, even for just 30 seconds, interrupting repairs and keeping generators from being completed is a bit easier than if they had been spread out for 30 seconds. I can see where frustration can stem from, but once you step back and look at it logically, what's really the problem with it? (Legitimate question)

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034666#Comment_1034666

    Sometimes when they three gen strat themselves the game just seems to drag on a bit, if I don't chase one of them and just patrol them constantly. But thanks for seeing my side of things.

    I know what you mean. I've had games where it kept dragging on because of that, just a total stalemate, and I eventually had to choose which survivor I wanted to commit to if I ever wanted the match to end.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034669#Comment_1034669

    So you're saying it will take 80 seconds plus to hook another survivor, AFTER the survivors finish splitting up? It all really depends on maps and killers, but once survivors group up and don't spread out gen pressure, even for just 30 seconds, interrupting repairs and keeping generators from being completed is a bit easier than if they had been spread out for 30 seconds. I can see where frustration can stem from, but once you step back and look at it logically, what's really the problem with it? (Legitimate question)

    I can agree with you on that, and yeah it is completely dependant on the killer, map and the way the survivors play.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034671#Comment_1034671

    I know what you mean. I've had games where it kept dragging on because of that, just a total stalemate, and I eventually had to choose which survivor I wanted to commit to if I ever wanted the match to end.

    Yeah, I also just end up committing to one even if they end up getting out cause I'd rather move onto another game.