Toolboxes Getting Nerfed Bois

You heard it on the live dev stream. Sounds like it’s coming up next the way it was said. Specifically on the “charges” and “speed” of the toolboxes.

Long overdue if you ask me!

Comments

  • Agreed. Toolboxes need to either be mandatory or have no effect.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    You heard it on the live dev stream. Sounds like it’s coming up next the way it was said. Specifically on the “charges” and “speed” of the toolboxes.

    Long overdue if you ask me!

    Great. I absolutely hate toolboxes. They're far too strong in bunches.

  • they'll probably delete engineer boxes

  • Toolboxes as secondary objective when?

    😏

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    they'll probably delete engineer boxes

    Commodious are the problem...

  • Just hope it doesn't take them an year.

  • It's funny that you folks think the changes will be significant.

    What have we learned from the past?

    They're going to lose 5% of their overall effectiveness and still be powerful. /prediction

  • 5% would be better than nothing. I don't want to see them nerfed to the ground, but they should be limited. I think only one box should effect a gen at a time. Makes no sense that you can repair faster with 3 toolboxes on such a small gen.

    Better addons that don't increase speed. Maybe addons that slow the rate of regression, or increase great skill check area while increasing the number of checks (there is already a cap on how many GSCs effect within a time period).

    There are lots of ways of keeping them useful while slowing them down. Heck, what if boxes did not effect speed at all, but greatly limited the amount of skill checks you get?

  • LoL

    I can already say that the change of the toolbox would be a buff

  • I'm gonna uninstall the game right now because the usage of toolbox is going to skyrocket. I don't want to play 4 - 5 minutes game where i can't do anything as killer

    PS: maybe i'll do it, and maybe not xD

  • Eh..it will help a tiny bit but..it wont change anything meaningful as they'll still speed up gens and pts is not being touched..realistically this is a distraction to pretend anything meaningful is getting done..and I'm saying this not out of spite but just being realistic

  • Yeah 3 months from now, when they've ######### the game over til then

  • Saw this on the livestream, this is great news and I hope they do this asap. This will make the game more balanced.

  • Can’t say I disagree. Here is the way I see it...

    Killers powers are weak. You need add ons to make them good. Grey for slight increase, yellow for decent, green for good, leading into Strong or OP or purple/red.

    Going with that design on survivors...

    Healing feels a little slow in my opinion. Especially if the killer is running sloppy. A med kit is a nice luxury to have. Just like Killer powers, you’ll want something to speed them up a little bit otherwise base power (or in this case base healing) feels a little weak.

    However at no point has gen speed ever felt too slow. Toolboxes aren’t really needed, especially not the stronger ones.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Can’t say I disagree. Here is the way I see it...

    Killers powers are weak. You need add ons to make them good. Grey for slight increase, yellow for decent, green for good, leading into Strong or OP or purple/red.

    Going with that design on survivors...

    Healing feels a little slow in my opinion. Especially if the killer is running sloppy. A med kit is a nice luxury to have. Just like Killer powers, you’ll want something to speed them up a little bit otherwise base power (or in this case base healing) feels a little weak.

    However at no point has gen speed ever felt too slow. Toolboxes aren’t really needed, especially not the stronger ones.

    Considering with BBQ you can usually get like 40-50k a game, and a brown is 3k, I think they should be balanced around killers using them at all times. I don't think I have ever been unable to afford at least yellows if I want.

  • Ruin had martyrdom