Adjust No One Escapes Death

No One Escapes Death is not performing as intended. This perk is meant to punish survivors for rushing gens if they don't also cleanse all available dull totems. However, if there are still 5 gens remaining and the killer closes the hatch, NOED still activates?? !!

Rework the perk's trigger condition so that it behaves like Bitter Murmur and only activates when the last gen is completed instead of when the exit gates are powered.

Comments

  • @Hanselpup said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123136/adjust-no-one-escapes-death

    Assume there are 3 survivors remaining, 1 gen to do. One of the survivors opens the hatch with a key, and you close it. Closing the hatch powers the exit gates, even though there was still 1 gen left. If NOED didn't activate when you closed the hatch, there would be 2 survivors remaining with the exit gates powered. Wouldn't you feel a bit powerless?

    Calm your unceasing greed and commit to one ?

    I mean I'm kinda disqualified for this kind of imaginary games to begin with, I tend to play lethal killers a lot more than the other kinds

  • Like adrenaline, no ?

  • @Sinner5Gonn4Sin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040728#Comment_1040728

    Calm your unceasing greed and commit to one ?

    I mean I'm kinda disqualified for this kind of imaginary games to begin with, I tend to play lethal killers a lot more than the other kinds

    "Calm your unceasing greed"

    Quote of the day!

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038400#Comment_1038400

    So when the gates are powered, not when all generators are completed. Agreed. But still, chances of the last survivor being the obsession are 1/4.. So not a huge problem I suppose

    Oh id make sure to leave obsession last just for that reason. Kinda do anyways so I have some easy to gain momentum in endgame.

  • @yadielrodriguez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038723#Comment_1038723

    I love BW and using it with noed but I feel nurse calling is better than rancor.

    Yeah it's definitely a better perk but whispers with rancor as well is a good combo. Cause if that gen pops and you know a survivor is around that's your chance to get them. Can't hide from rancor even with distortion or lockers.

  • The fix to noed is to add a totem counter.

    You can also notify the exposed status effect when it activates, but that's kinda inconsistent in the way bhvr codes that stuff into the game, despite their purported fixation on consistency. Haunted grounds warns you before anyone's hit, for example. Devour and Noed don't until after. And that's hexes alone, let's not even go over rancor/myc/iron maiden.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    The fix to noed is to add a totem counter.

    You can also notify the exposed status effect when it activates, but that's kinda inconsistent in the way bhvr codes that stuff into the game, despite their purported fixation on consistency. Haunted grounds warns you before anyone's hit, for example. Devour and Noed don't until after. And that's hexes alone, let's not even go over rancor/myc/iron maiden.

    I think the point is that no one escapes death/ devour hope I meant to remain hidden and be a surprise. Devour hope is meant to build up and no one escapes death is meant to be a surprise punishment for those who haven't cleansed totems informing the survivors before would be a massive waste

    Haunted grounds is meant to be a you messed up by cleansing the totem now everybody go on immersed before you get the downed

  • @WastelandSociety said:

    No no. NOED is preforming as intended. As it prevents survivors from escaping once the gates are powered. Putting them in dying state with m1 instead of giving them sprint burst to make it out. It helps killers to not lose time trying to down survivors around loops while two other survivors are opening the gates or 99% it.

    Closing the hatch with 2 or 3 gens left to be fixed, instantly causes end game countdown and gates are powered. Which is fair. It punishes survivors for wanting to escape early without fully completing the objectives first. Blame the survivors who opened it, for putting you in that situation without giving you a sign that they are about to open hatch.

    So NOED punishes 3 things that I know of and that’s gen rushing, opening hatch without completing remaining gens,and body blockers.

    No, NOED is not performing as intended. The name literally is: NO one escapes death and still I escape more often than not when the killer is running NOED xD

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030211#Comment_1030211

    No, NOED is not performing as intended. The name literally is: NO one escapes death and still I escape more often than not when the killer is running NOED xD

    So a perk slot should single handedly win you the game ? Weird flex but okay.

    @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042426#Comment_1042426

    I think the point is that no one escapes death/ devour hope I meant to remain hidden and be a surprise. Devour hope is meant to build up and no one escapes death is meant to be a surprise punishment for those who haven't cleansed totems informing the survivors before would be a massive waste

    Haunted grounds is meant to be a you messed up by cleansing the totem now everybody go on immersed before you get the downed

    Devour is pretty good, it rewards you for being good AND not camping, that's the kind of playstyle we should promote. The fact that it remains a secret perk is kinda needed.

    On the other hand NOED should be seen by everyone, not only if you played enough to spot the 4% movement speed increase, they are no prerequisite whatsoever, just gates being powered. "You failed at protecting gens, but here you are with a instadown on your M1 and a movespeed boost"

  • @Sinner5Gonn4Sin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042676#Comment_1042676

    So a perk slot should single handedly win you the game ? Weird flex but okay.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042663#Comment_1042663

    Devour is pretty good, it rewards you for being good AND not camping, that's the kind of playstyle we should promote. The fact that it remains a secret perk is kinda needed.

    On the other hand NOED should be seen by everyone, not only if you played enough to spot the 4% movement speed increase, they are no prerequisite whatsoever, just gates being powered. "You failed at protecting gens, but here you are with a instadown on your M1 and a movespeed boost"

    About what you answered to my post: Sarcasm/joke my friend... Sarcasm/Joke ;)

    Thus the xD at the end

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    The fix to noed is to add a totem counter.

    You can also notify the exposed status effect when it activates, but that's kinda inconsistent in the way bhvr codes that stuff into the game, despite their purported fixation on consistency. Haunted grounds warns you before anyone's hit, for example. Devour and Noed don't until after. And that's hexes alone, let's not even go over rancor/myc/iron maiden.

    If you want a totem counter, run thrill of the hunt.

  • Noed is such a trash perk and you still complain about after 2 nerfs...

    I'm survivor, i must survive, hurr durr. This is how you sound to anyone who played for longer.

  • Yeah, we did it boys

    NoEd needs to be nerfed because you don't cleanse totems



    If hatch is closed, you pretty much are not meant to escape after that unless you have a key or get good exit spawns.

    You pretty much have 2 attempts to escape, complete all generators and escape with exit, or escape with hatch. If you fail to do both then you pretty much have no chance left of escaping against high mobility killers.

  • @Sinner5Gonn4Sin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042676#Comment_1042676

    So a perk slot should single handedly win you the game ? Weird flex but okay.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042663#Comment_1042663

    Devour is pretty good, it rewards you for being good AND not camping, that's the kind of playstyle we should promote. The fact that it remains a secret perk is kinda needed.

    On the other hand NOED should be seen by everyone, not only if you played enough to spot the 4% movement speed increase, they are no prerequisite whatsoever, just gates being powered. "You failed at protecting gens, but here you are with a instadown on your M1 and a movespeed boost"

    I mean, I RARELY use NOED when playing killer, unless I need a way to punish survivors for gen-rushing. (cough cough trapper cough) I only ever see NOED being used by killers who can't perform well during matches. If you're confident enough to think "I will win this game," you wouldn't need NOED.

  • @Nos37 said:

    No One Escapes Death is not performing as intended. This perk is meant to punish survivors for rushing gens if they don't also cleanse all available dull totems. However, if there are still 5 gens remaining and the killer closes the hatch, NOED still activates?? !!

    Rework the perk's trigger condition so that it behaves like Bitter Murmur and only activates when the last gen is completed instead of when the exit gates are powered.

    Cant happen. Hatches dont spawn at 5 gens.

    If the hatch is open you should jump though and win. Gg 2ez

    @Nos37 said:

    Okay, about half of the users posting here mention killers needing NOED to deal with gen-rushing.

    To be clear, NOED currently punishes the last remaining survivor as if the killer was gen-rushed, even if 0 gens were finished.

    Let NOED punish gen-rushing; that needs no change.

    Just don't punish the survivor who:

    • Has 1 teammate DC before the camera pan at the start has finished,
    • Has two other teammates suicide on hook because the killer didn't go easy on them,
    • Only got to cleanse one totem (and has Small Game equipped to counter NOED) before the hatch has spawned,
    • Cannot cleanse NOED because of it's proximity to one of the gates,
    • Gets hit once while healthy in the end zone (after having fully opened a gate with the Wake Up perk).

    That survivor wouldn't have even been hit at all if the killer didn't get his NOED speed boost.

    As stated by others, Endgame already favors the killer. The only time that 2 hits instead of 1 would be game-changing is when the gate is already open and the survivor is close to leaving. If they've gotten that close, it should not be taken from them simpy because the trigger conditions for late/end game perks were not properly looked over and balanced for the new Endgame Countdown.

    This whole post is how 3 people failed to help you... that's not the killers fault dont punish him.

    Endgame favors survivors. It gives you a free hatch no matter what you do and if you fail at that second chance at life you get two gates to take ur 3rd and 4th chance at life. If 1 hit is two much after all these L O L

  • 20200127_182217.jpg

    Made this for another thread but it's getting to be more and more useful

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042704#Comment_1042704

    About what you answered to my post: Sarcasm/joke my friend... Sarcasm/Joke ;)

    Thus the xD at the end

    I can never tell with how butthurt people get when you talk about their precious perk ! Sorry then.

    @Hanselpup said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042704#Comment_1042704

    I mean, I RARELY use NOED when playing killer, unless I need a way to punish survivors for gen-rushing. (cough cough trapper cough) I only ever see NOED being used by killers who can't perform well during matches. If you're confident enough to think "I will win this game," you wouldn't need NOED.

    I can kinda get it on Trapper or Clown, eventhough spending early game with trapper to set you up is a legit strat that rewards you mid to late game, especially on certain maps. I get that NOED is made to give you an extra moment of pressure and can help you secure another kill, especially if you are not so good, but I've seen a lot of people way better than the person using NOED die to it, or people tunneling into oblivion to make use of NOED with even more ease. If it wasn't so noobfriendly, I would gladly deal with it as a survivor.

  • @Sinner5Gonn4Sin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042719#Comment_1042719

    I can never tell with how butthurt people get when you talk about their precious perk ! Sorry then.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043746#Comment_1043746

    I can kinda get it on Trapper or Clown, eventhough spending early game with trapper to set you up is a legit strat that rewards you mid to late game, especially on certain maps. I get that NOED is made to give you an extra moment of pressure and can help you secure another kill, especially if you are not so good, but I've seen a lot of people way better than the person using NOED die to it, or people tunneling into oblivion to make use of NOED with even more ease. If it wasn't so noobfriendly, I would gladly deal with it as a survivor.

    If a newbie killer gets matched against pro survivors and uses NOED, that doesn't mean he's instantly guaranteed a kill. There are several countermeasures to ensure NOED can't be used. Here are several ways in priority order:

    Game began.

    Cleanse all 5 totems early/mid game, especially if the game is going in your favor.

    I failed to cleanse all totems before end game.

    Find the remaining totems and ignore all dull totems.

    I don't know where/don't have time to cleanse the totem.

    Don't get hit. Stay injured if it allows you to use perks like Dead Hard.

    If the killer is greedy, make use of Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike to give your team more time.

    Try to make teammates distract the killer to give yourself more time to act.

    I can't deal with the killer.

    If you feel you must save your teammate(s), take the safest possible route and avoid chases.

    Leave the game ASAP.

  • @Nos37 said:

    No One Escapes Death is not performing as intended. This perk is meant to punish survivors for rushing gens if they don't also cleanse all available dull totems. However, if there are still 5 gens remaining and the killer closes the hatch, NOED still activates?? !!

    Rework the perk's trigger condition so that it behaves like Bitter Murmur and only activates when the last gen is completed instead of when the exit gates are powered.

    Hope and Adrenaline both trigger when the hatch is closed. Want to change that too?

  • @Hanselpup said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044165#Comment_1044165

    If a newbie killer gets matched against pro survivors and uses NOED, that doesn't mean he's instantly guaranteed a kill. There are several countermeasures to ensure NOED can't be used. Here are several ways in priority order:

    Game began.

    Cleanse all 5 totems early/mid game, especially if the game is going in your favor.

    I failed to cleanse all totems before end game.

    Find the remaining totems and ignore all dull totems.

    I don't know where/don't have time to cleanse the totem.

    Don't get hit. Stay injured if it allows you to use perks like Dead Hard.

    If the killer is greedy, make use of Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike to give your team more time.

    Try to make teammates distract the killer to give yourself more time to act.

    I can't deal with the killer.

    If you feel you must save your teammate(s), take the safest possible route and avoid chases.

    Leave the game ASAP.

    I think you don't understand me quite well.

    I know how to deal with NOED, I know its obvious flaws and weaknesses, and also don't be the kind of guy to only take two opposites for your example. Sometimes the killer is good but the survivor and him can still have a huge skillgap inbetween them. You can be sentient but not manage your red stain perfectly as killer for example. Does that automatically make you bad ? I don't think so.

    I play around 40% killer/60% survivor, so I do understand what it is for killers, don't get me wrong, but I'm stuck on this game only because outplaying feels so satisfying on it. Getting hit by NOED isn't an outplay and that's why I hate this perk, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people do. Let's not even talk about the fact that I'm more often than not already maxed out in Boldness before I even touch my first totem so I feel like losing time more than anything.

  • I'm addressing an edge case where I got the exit gate open and would have escaped if NOED hadn't activated from the hatch closing.

    • "You should have cleansed all the totems before the endgame."
      • The other survivors quit or suicided before I had time to cleanse all totems, even with Small Game equipped.
    • "Just find and cleanse NOED."
      • NOED was next to a gate switch, so it was in the killer's patrol path; wasn't going to happen.
    • "Just use Wake Up to open the gate faster."
      • I had Wake Up equipped.
    • "If there were still 5 gens left, you don't deserve to escape because you didn't work for it."
      • I strategically worked my ass off to get the gate open.
        • I waited for the killer to check Exit A and then leave.
        • I got 1 light on Exit A and then hid nearby.
        • As the killer went to check Exit A, I snuck over to Exit B and started opening the gate, stopping just before the 1st light came on.
        • I waited for the killer to check Exit B and then rush back over to Exit A.
        • I was at 95% on Exit B when Spine Chill lit up, and I didn't have any Endgame time left to back off, so I committed.
        • I got the gate open and was hit once in the endzone. I was punished for "gen-rushing" with 0 gens complete.
  • @Sinner5Gonn4Sin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1044199#Comment_1044199

    I think you don't understand me quite well.

    I know how to deal with NOED, I know its obvious flaws and weaknesses, and also don't be the kind of guy to only take two opposites for your example. Sometimes the killer is good but the survivor and him can still have a huge skillgap inbetween them. You can be sentient but not manage your red stain perfectly as killer for example. Does that automatically make you bad ? I don't think so.

    I play around 40% killer/60% survivor, so I do understand what it is for killers, don't get me wrong, but I'm stuck on this game only because outplaying feels so satisfying on it. Getting hit by NOED isn't an outplay and that's why I hate this perk, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people do. Let's not even talk about the fact that I'm more often than not already maxed out in Boldness before I even touch my first totem so I feel like losing time more than anything.

    @Nos37 said:

    I'm addressing an edge case where I got the exit gate open and would have escaped if NOED hadn't activated from the hatch closing.

    • "You should have cleansed all the totems before the endgame."
      • The other survivors quit or suicided before I had time to cleanse all totems, even with Small Game equipped.
    • "Just find and cleanse NOED."
      • NOED was next to a gate switch, so it was in the killer's patrol path; wasn't going to happen.
    • "Just use Wake Up to open the gate faster."
      • I had Wake Up equipped.
    • "If there were still 5 gens left, you don't deserve to escape because you didn't work for it."
      • I strategically worked my ass off to get the gate open.
        • I waited for the killer to check Exit A and then leave.
        • I got 1 light on Exit A and then hid nearby.
        • As the killer went to check Exit A, I snuck over to Exit B and started opening the gate, stopping just before the 1st light came on.
        • I waited for the killer to check Exit B and then rush back over to Exit A.
        • I was at 95% on Exit B when Spine Chill lit up, and I didn't have any Endgame time left to back off, so I committed.
        • I got the gate open and was hit once in the endzone. I was punished for "gen-rushing" with 0 gens complete.

    Hmmm, I guess you both have a point. Then, maybe NOED should be changed to act like Rancor, where it only activates if all gens are done, not just if the gates are powered.

1 2 ›