Yet another "cruel survivors" topic, from a new player (survivor main)
Hello everyone. First of all I hope everyone is doing well and I apologize for my english since its not my native language.
I really like this game but I'm already really affected by how killers are treated. I can even see that some of them are holding back and try to play "fair" by survivors standards. Is this just a natutal human reaction where singled out people get bullied? Killers job is to kill us, that's it. I could never get pissed off by killers actions unless they insult me over messages or something and I already have a huge amount of respect towards them. I am familiar with the toxicity since I'm "Mercy main" in Overwatch but this is totally different. I feel responsible when killers get abused because I'm part of the survivors. Yesterday I saved someone from the hook and we escaped, then she proceeded to teabag and flashlight the killer near exit. Right then I wish I left her to die. I don't care if killer is "tunneling" or "camping" or whatever you call it. If they want to target me all the time I dont mind either. I only mind if some of them rage quit when they are about to lose. Either way I end up feeling sorry for them most of the time.
Of course, to be clear, there are lots of helpful survivors too and it warms my hearth when we help each other to achieve our goal. But please, if you read this and have at least some humanity left in you, stop bullying killers. I played one game as a killer and honestly I'm amazed how they even do it.
I wish you all a great day.
Comments
Welcome to the game Eveline!
As you search these forums you will find many discussion on everything you have mentioned with suggestions and ideas the community has to offer.
I personally experienced what you have as both the killer and survivor so i understand how you feel.
Just keep playing the way you enjoy the game
No need to apologize
Learning any new language takes a lot of effort and time. Your English is very good!
I understand what you mean. It makes me pretty upset to see people get so bitter over something they should expect from... Well... A killer! I can only imagine how it feels for a killer as a survivor main. Where's the fun in being treated as less than a person every single game? I've played killer for dailies, and I've had games that were so bad that all I could do was just wait in the basement until they all just left. Sometimes they refused to even after the exit gates were open, and continued to hold the game hostage.
Both killers and survivors can be the scum of the Earth, but when one side is trying to play fair and the other one goes out of their way to be a jerk it just doesn't make sense. Where's the logic behind that? I doubt these questions will ever have a good answer. At the end of the day, I wish we all had more respect for each other.
/shrug
I usually PvP in most games, so trash talking and taunting is almost second nature.
But truth be told some players are more responsible than others. Some streamers like Ochido, Angrypug, Noob3 etc have armies of 10 year olds, easily identified and evidenced by the fact that most of these kids copy their behavior completely including their limited and unintelligible vocabularies.
Most recent example was a hatch standoff where the injured survivor was teabagging on top of the hatch at it's edge. I smacked him and he literally fell off of the hatch to the ground.
It's little things like that that make putting up with behavior like this worthwhile. This and watching a group of teabagging flashlighters slide against a Bloodwarden wall as you round the corner as an EW3 Myers lol.
Oh you are fine...
I remembered when I was playing killer and i got everyone down so I started hooking the last 2, the one that i hooked died and the other one was crawling to the hatch, I managed to pick her up and hook her.
In the end game chat the guy said that i was ######### cuz i didn't gave him the hatch, I feel that it's stupid that he said that cuz tbh the killer have to kill and why does he deserves it if he just farmed a guy and teabagged when in a chase.
After all 5 gens were done she suddenly went for some kills so we refused to leave until we looped every single pallet, blinded and bodyblocked all the hooks snd went out with 4 People. She flamed the hell out of me for using the flashlight.
No SWF or Obsession perks were involved.
I feel you. I've actually been trashed in this game simply just for playing it. I have a few stories if you're interested in a read. I'm a killer main. I'm rank 2 right now and oh boy once you get into these ranks you meet some of the biggest ######### this game has to offer.
I was doing the event hoping to get the pro-pain weapon for Hillbilly. Everyone in my random lobby had used Barbecue offerings. So I just played the game how I normally do and I won. Of course comes the end game chat, of course they were with a SWF group but that's besides the point. I got completely trash talked at the end of the game for simply PLAYING it and not letting them get points. They were extremely altruistic and would crowd around me the moment I hook someone not even letting me blink away. Of course I got hate for patrolling hooks when I knew for a fact that they were right there hiding. I took some screenshots as it goes because I wanted to solidify this moment.
Another time when I prestieged my Nurse I faced a crap ton of hate for seemingly no reason. I played a Rank 2 game with nothing but one perk because I really like the Nurse, so people of course called me completely trash and a loser because of this. I had done nothing to them, no tunneling no nothing. People are toxic because they choose to be. If you're a killer play this game how YOU want to play this game.
In short, just play how you want to play the game at the end of the day.
People go on and on about how "toxic" the community is, and while obviously I see examples of what they mean by "toxic" every day, I feel like also people kind of need to relax and take all the alleged "bullying" and "trashtalking" with a grain of salt. If you choose to play the killer, you're the antagonist in the game. You're literally playing the role that in older games was always previously computer-controlled. A lot of people are used to beating games with their friends and feeling triumphant and pleased with themselves when they win.
While obviously they should not make nasty comments and realize that the antagonist in their game is a real person and not an NPC, a bit of teabagging, hook camping (for both killers and survivors), flashlight saves, taunting at the exit gates, etc. should be expected and killers should not take it personally. It is a 4v1 PvP game and unfortunately the 1 is going to get the brunt of the taunting and bullying.
The only thing I think is truly "toxic" or "unsportsmanlike" (as the report feature states) is not playing the game and/or dcing. Other than that, teabagging, camping, taunting a killer into a chase, or saying "git gud!" when the game ends are all actions that are immature and should be frowned upon and discouraged, but allowed and something you should more or less expect to see.
I played killer most of the day today and I got called a tryhard and a camper in my 4k games and got told that I sucked in any game where I got less than 4 kills. And yet the only thing that bothered me about when I played today was when I was playing as a survivor and the killer dc'd after I escaped and was headed towards the exit gates out of her range...
It's rude and immature. It also accomplishes nothing. Honestly, the most impressed I've been by a survivor was when I was playing huntress on...haddonfield? They were working on a generator, and I wound up a hatchet. I threw it, they stopped working, dodged it, then went back to the generator and worked on it for a good two more seconds while I got closer. They could have easily teabagged and ran, but this impressed me and spoke to how ballsy they were so much more.
No, but they can always send a message to your console profile. I remember the good ol' days when I used to do that to say GG to people on the 360....
I sadly experience this more and more lately. It's still just strange to me that a total stranger goes out of their way to pm you on your PC, PS4, etc. just to say horrible things to you because you beat them. Or they'll blame you for their or others' mistakes. I've had to block about three people this week, but despite all that I still love this game and keep coming back because there are good people and a fun community in here despite the negatives that seem to overwhelm at times.
I am a new player on the ps4 and although i have been loving playing as a killer, in the past 3 days i have had three different nasty messages sent to me from angry survivors for playing the game well after working out a good killer strategy.
It is only a few messages but more than i have received in years on any game as i am a respectful player!
Especially now i have hit the level 16 - 15 mark.I know it is not all survivors like that but do they expect a killer just to wave and say, HI have a nice day!
One i had to block actually kept on saying how they where reporting me etc for playing the game as it was meant!
I am already pretty good at playing the killer i look forward to trying as a survivor soon.
Great game i love it just not some of the hateful kids i suspect they are during the summer holidays sending me angry hate messages after i win a game as killer.
I respect when a good survivor team runs rings round me, I don`t send them hate mail telling them to ######### etc.
Well said i hope to play against more people like you!