Window tech is an exploit or actual intended technique?

Title.

Just curious, because a player has to "go inside" another in order for it to work.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It's clearly unintended, but will probably take 5ever to fix.

  • I don't believe it's intended but BHVR seems to be okay with it.

  • I don't see an issue with window tech. Only baby killers fall for it more than once.

  • Clearly an exploit, just like the hook tech, both use unintended inconsistency frames.

  • It's not an exploit, but it was not intended as well.

    Looping wasn't intended, but you cannot call that an exploit as well. I believe devs acknowledge it in a game and don't really care. Decent killers shouldn't fall for it.

  • People don't fall for it more than once. It actually requires proper timing to lose collision while going through a killer during a window tech so i'm fine with it

  • Window tech can be "countered" by just looking, Hook exploit is abusing the collision of the hooked player and the hook

    if you try window tech 95% of the time you get caught and hit

  • All these "techs" are bug exploits, simple as.

  • Oooh, I see! thank you for the answers

    Yeah, its very counterable, and failing it has a big penalty.

    Interesting to know

  • Such as with the recently introduced "hook-tech", this is merely a problem with the game's collision detection. It will probably be patched-out somewhere down the road, but it's unlikely to be anytime soon.