Survivors' flick

I'm not trying to say that it is unbalanced and game-breaking but I just feel like a survivor I'm chasing shouldn't physically be able to instantly go behind my back in a moment I attack. Just saying. Oni's flick has been under devs' attention but I haven't seen anyone talking about the flick survivors have. Maybe it's only me who struggles a little bit to much with it? Like I see more and more people doing that and it's getting just annoying I have to mindgame even when I'm near a survivor.

Comments

  • Survivors do this as a 'last line of defence' sort of thing when they have no other resources around them. The easiest way to counter it is to pay attention to their movement and where they're looking. If they keep looking backwards towards you, you know that 99%of the time they either have the perk dead hard or they'll try to spin you. In either case just don't lunge - wait to see if they dead hard or try to spin - once they're done with their juke just smack them.

  • @Accullla said:

    Survivors do this as a 'last line of defence' sort of thing when they have no other resources around them. The easiest way to counter it is to pay attention to their movement and where they're looking. If they keep looking backwards towards you, you know that 99%of the time they either have the perk dead hard or they'll try to spin you. In either case just don't lunge - wait to see if they dead hard or try to spin - once they're done with their juke just smack them.

    This extra time can be used to reach pallets that shouldn't be reached, because you're waiting for a flick that the devs have already stated was unintentional and unbalanced, according to Oni. The devs need to drop this double standard and pay attention to the ######### they say. Worst developers I've ever seen and I played Battlefront.

  • @Accullla said:

    Survivors do this as a 'last line of defence' sort of thing when they have no other resources around them. The easiest way to counter it is to pay attention to their movement and where they're looking. If they keep looking backwards towards you, you know that 99%of the time they either have the perk dead hard or they'll try to spin you. In either case just don't lunge - wait to see if they dead hard or try to spin - once they're done with their juke just smack them.

    The point is good survivors will spin as long as they can, it's not a one-time thing. Plus, they're aware that you can't see around much, so not only they use the flick but also you inability to determine where to land a hit when they come close to you, like, really close. It may take a few tries at max to hit them but sometimes that one missed attack may cause you a whole new world of looping. Killers' mistakes are REALLY punishing.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007407#Comment_1007407

    This extra time can be used to reach pallets that shouldn't be reached, because you're waiting for a flick that the devs have already stated was unintentional and unbalanced, according to Oni. The devs need to drop this double standard and pay attention to the ######### they say. Worst developers I've ever seen and I played Battlefront.

    It cNt be used to reach a pallet or a window. Once they've committed to either you can smack them, as they won't be able to juke it. Just don't lunge too early

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007407#Comment_1007407

    The point is good survivors will spin as long as they can, it's not a one-time thing. Plus, they're aware that you can't see around much, so not only they use the flick but also you inability to determine where to land a hit when they come close to you, like, really close. It may take a few tries at max to hit them but sometimes that one missed attack may cause you a whole new world of looping. Killers' mistakes are REALLY punishing.

    If they keep spinning continuously and you can't track them for some reason, be it sensitivity or something else, you can always side-step and block their rotation. If you do that they'll just run into you and you'll get the hit

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007422#Comment_1007422

    If they keep spinning continuously and you can't track them for some reason, be it sensitivity or something else, you can always side-step and block their rotation. If you do that they'll just run into you and then you can just smack them

    They point is, it works only with opened-space areas without pallets. If I take a few steps to see where they're spinning, they can see that and rush immedietly to a nearby pallet because now they can go to it safely. Yeah, sometimes you still manage to hit them in that case but as devs stated, pallets now are allowing too many hits going through them, so the amount of those lucky moments will decrease drastically. It's okay to miss a few attack but it is not okay when it costs you a whole chase.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007427#Comment_1007427

    They point is, it works only with opened-space areas without pallets. If I take a few steps to see where they're spinning, they can see that and rush immedietly to a nearby pallet because now they can go to it safely. Yeah, sometimes you still manage to hit them in that case but as devs stated, pallets now are allowing too many hits going through them, so the amount of those lucky moments will decrease drastically. It's okay to miss a few attack but it is not okay when it costs you a whole chase.

    Just be patient when swinging and get used to the hit distance and hitbox. They won't be able to get to a window or a pallet after spinning unless you swing and miss or wait unnecessarily long and lose track of them. Like I mentioned earlier - if you're on a controller and struggle to follow them, just try to side-step to block their rotation

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007422#Comment_1007422

    If they keep spinning continuously and you can't track them for some reason, be it sensitivity or something else, you can always side-step and block their rotation. If you do that they'll just run into you and then you can just smack them

    Except that when they run into you, you can't see them because of the god awful pov, so you have no way of knowing whether you stopped them or not

  • I agree. It doesn't seem right that all a survivor has to do is quickly turn the other way to juke a killer. The same with quickly darting left to right to mess up the auto-aim. It's even worse on console because the controller doesn't have the speed to keep up with survivors when they make quick movements up close, even on 100% sensitivity.

    If they choose not to remove the "flick" I hope they add some kind of knock-back for making contact with the killer.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007427#Comment_1007427

    Except that when they run into you, you can't see them because of the god awful pov, so you have no way of knowing whether you stopped them or not

    I used to struggle with that as well - I assume you're playing on console. Try to look slightly towards the ground - at c.a. 60 degrees (90 degrees is looking straight ahead)

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007463#Comment_1007463

    I used to struggle with that as well - I assume you're playing on console. Try to look slightly towards the ground - at c.a. 60 degrees (90 degrees is looking straight ahead)

    Or the could make it so you can see people standing in front of you. You know, like you can in every single other first person game ever.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007483#Comment_1007483

    Or the could make it so you can see people standing in front of you. You know, like you can in every single other first person game ever.

    Not really. As most killers you're much taller than the survivors, so it makes sense that you need to look down to see them. At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. Take the advice if you want to.

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007486#Comment_1007486

    Not really. As most killers you're much taller than the survivors, so it makes sense that you need to look down to see them. At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. Take the advice if you want to.

    I'm complaining over a mechanic that can easily be fixed yet the devs refuse to because of whatever biased ass reason they choose to give.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007492#Comment_1007492

    I'm complaining over a mechanic that can easily be fixed yet the devs refuse to because of whatever biased ass reason they choose to give.

    There is nothing to fix? I'm only disappointed I wasted my time trying to help you and give you advice.

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007463#Comment_1007463

    I used to struggle with that as well - I assume you're playing on console. Try to look slightly towards the ground - at c.a. 60 degrees (90 degrees is looking straight ahead)

    I'll try to use it, thanks!

  • I wouldn't be against removing it

    It's just like ruin. It doesn't affect experienced players as much but for new players it's just frustrating to go against

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007407#Comment_1007407

    This extra time can be used to reach pallets that shouldn't be reached, because you're waiting for a flick that the devs have already stated was unintentional and unbalanced, according to Oni. The devs need to drop this double standard and pay attention to the ######### they say. Worst developers I've ever seen and I played Battlefront.

    Holy hell.

    Shut up about "Double Standards" please. I see you saying it everywhere.

    There isn't a double standard. The devs will nerf what they feel is problematic. The "Survivor flick" is not problematic at all. It's easy to counter, they're not gonna make any distance, if they try to 360 just stand there and smack them as they're on your camera.

    It's that simple

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007486#Comment_1007486

    Not really. As most killers you're much taller than the survivors, so it makes sense that you need to look down to see them. At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. Take the advice if you want to.

    Shorter killers still have this pov problem, because the killer has to play partially blind. Meanwhile survivors have a third person camera.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007417#Comment_1007417

    Holy hell.

    Shut up about "Double Standards" please. I see you saying it everywhere.

    There isn't a double standard. The devs will nerf what they feel is problematic. The "Survivor flick" is not problematic at all. It's easy to counter, they're not gonna make any distance, if they try to 360 just stand there and smack them as they're on your camera.

    It's that simple

    If you attack too early, you'll miss because of the auto-aim. If you come too close, you'll struggle because of the killer's POV. It's often not hard to hit survivors when they do that but it's kinda unnecessary problematic.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007417#Comment_1007417

    Holy hell.

    Shut up about "Double Standards" please. I see you saying it everywhere.

    There isn't a double standard. The devs will nerf what they feel is problematic. The "Survivor flick" is not problematic at all. It's easy to counter, they're not gonna make any distance, if they try to 360 just stand there and smack them as they're on your camera.

    It's that simple

    No. I'm not going to shut up about the double standard until the people of this game get it through their skills for hypocritical everyone on both sides of the playerbase are.

    The devs make broad claims to justify shitting on the killer side, so let them uphold these claims and apply them where they fit. They refuse to do so and show their bias yet again

    Recognize the double standard.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008290#Comment_1008290

    No. I'm not going to shut up about the double standard until the people of this game get it through their skills for hypocritical everyone on both sides of the playerbase are.

    The devs make broad claims to justify shitting on the killer side, so let them uphold these claims and apply them where they fit. They refuse to do so and show their bias yet again

    Recognize the double standard.

    Well don't get mad at me when you keep seeing me quote you with

    IMG_20200103_225712.jpg


  • At least your acknowledging that you're biased so I know to keep in mind that your opinions don't matter :)

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008627#Comment_1008627

    At least your acknowledging that you're biased so I know to keep in mind that your opinions don't matter :)

    Biased? Since when did looking at ONE opinion on ONE topic automatically make them biased?

    Most survivor stuff is bs but so is a handful of killer stuff. The game is a mess atm.

    You especially, suggest removing every skillful things that survivors have spent YEARS learning.

    But yeah, I'll listen to the person with a Legion pfp. We all know what happened to Leg

  • I agree. Although I don’t have much trouble with them now (unless in corn) it makes the game look janky and it is something that can be frustrating and unfun for new players - as evidenced by the thousands of “t0x1c N34 so k3wl” montages on youtube where people would derank to bully new killers with 360s and broken loops.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008630#Comment_1008630

    Biased? Since when did looking at ONE opinion on ONE topic automatically make them biased?

    Most survivor stuff is bs but so is a handful of killer stuff. The game is a mess atm.

    You especially, suggest removing every skillful things that survivors have spent YEARS learning.

    But yeah, I'll listen to the person with a Legion pfp. We all know what happened to Leg

    Really. You're gonna pretend like pfps mean their arguments are flawed? You must really lack any kind of intelligence to make an argument like that. It's honestly getting hilarious how dumb your comments are getting. Just quit now dude.