Tru3Ta1ent speaks the TRUTH
https://youtu.be/DsRO2_gbq7k?t=6m53s
"Get rid of Decisive, Insidious, and NOED and rank would be a lot more skill based."
He is 100% right. DS and NOED are crutch perks for bad players. Killers defend NOED until they are blue in the face but at the end of the day it's there as a comeback mechanic for when you fail, making it a crutch (just like DS). If you need this perk to get kills, accept that you aren't as good a killer as you might think. And if you complain about DS but use NOED you are nothing but a hypocrite.
I agree with him on Insidious only because it makes people play like trolls, not necessarily because it's a crutch. With a few tweaks I think it could be salvaged.
BTW I got to rank 1 with Freddy without using NOED, just incase someone wants to tell me "git gud". Also I'm sure some killer main will say something like "Tru is a bad killer" as a way to dismiss his statements, when the truth is they just can't stand when one of their own actually tells it how it is.
Come at me.
Comments
Freddy can hover around his totem more than other killers simply because you can't see him, so you don't give it away as much. Survivors might think it's in a general area, but with other killers they will see you look at it and stuff which makes it easy.
That's an option, but it doesn't feel like a necessity, and anecdotal evidence has nothing to do with a trend. Most survivors do NOT break dull totems, not in the implied necessity anyway. And the point isn't to give survivors free points. My point was, as far as the killer is concerned, you may as well remove dull totems if you remove NOED because other than simple greed, there is no need for them to exist. No NOED = No incentive to break dull totems = Gens get rushed with no fear
Instead of destroying 1 totem like how Ruin is... With NOED, they need to destroy all 5 totems before they power all 5 generators online or take out the NOED Hex totem after all the generators have been powered on. Now 1 totem is really easy to find and destroy... However 5 on the other hand is more difficult to find and destroy. So, basically, if survivors rush the generators in 5 minutes then it's very likely that you'll have at least 1 dull totem standing... This is where you punish the survivors for rushing the generators. Seriously, NOED is dependent on the survivors ability to destroy all 5 dull totems before they power on all 5 generators. You, as a killer, have no control if the survivors do this or not unless you camp 1 dull totem for the 5 generators.
If you hate NOED so much then find every dull totem and destroy it. Simple.
Uhhh, when your power went out? What? Shaking MY head...
Okay, so... if a clock is broken and stuck at 1, then when it is 1am and 1pm, it will be correct. Two times a day.
What the fvck has your power going out got to do with what I said? Your power going out didn't break the clock, it merely stopped it and then it was set incorrectly.
You can't be this stupid, surely?
xD
Not once did he say "I need this", or imply that he even needed it.
Thrill of The Hunt
Devour Hope
Ruin
Do I really need to go on here since survivors will always break dull totems whether NOED exists or not. It's also amazing how when NOED is used killers still complain about gen rushing. I always break totems since the killer might be running Devour Hope which is even worse than NOED because then you not only get downed instantly but can get killed without ever going near the hook.
Throw Devour in with one of the other perks like Warden etc and you can wreck them.
Ah I misunderstood what you meant. My bad. When I read "broken clock" I just thought of this one digital clock I had that ran slow (ie. broken) and after a while the time was like an hour or 2 off. Something from when I was a kid, but your explanation makes sense. I'm not thinking analog broken clock LOL.
Ooooops
Just like how bitter murmur gives locations of all survivors with no skill besides the survivors finishing the generators.
You realize that Devour Hope isn't lit up until it's actually active so when it activates it catches you by surprise. Throw that in with the late game perks and you destroy teams, especially on maps that are better rng wise. Get a good killer and it's even more powerful.
WHAAATTT? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TYPE?. THATS 101% false. Thats why DH is extremely useless and not completly OP .
Devour is lit like Thrill or Lullaby.
I've only ever seen it lit once it's active in my games, Ruin and Thrill I know are always lit and NOEd when it goes active. But when I've done all 5 totems myself and none have ever been active I've seen post game the killer had Devour Hope as a perk.
That's why I said what I did because it's never been lit for me.
No I even stated I've found all 5 before and none was ever lit that's why I figured 1 was a NOED totem but turns out it was a Devour hope, it was their only hex perk. I've had other games like that as well.
You could consider Bitter Murmur a crutch, but at the same time it's impact on the game is far less than NOED. It's like Sprint Burst for survivors, very meta but doesn't impact the game nearly as much as DS. There are also several alternative options, like BBQ/Lithe respectively. What makes them not exactly a crutch is that they don't single handedly sway the flow of the game. It can over time, but not one instant, unless it was an extra critical one maybe.
Everything in this game is a crutch.
You either hallucinated or you missed the explosion of it. Or the killer could not get at least 3 stacks . But it is still lit.
I also could've seen an unlit totem and not hallucinated at all nor miss counted because I always count how many I do. I also always count how many broken totems I've seen to know how many are left. Also I've never missed the explosion since I know exactly what it looks and sounds like either up close or from a distance.
The killer could've not gotten the 3 stacks yet but when I've killed all 5 and none are lit and the killer still has Devour Hope as a perk that means it's bugged. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it hasn't.
It's no different than the other rare bugs that pop up and people like you say it didn't happen. Then along comes other people and whammo the devs either reproduce it or see video of it. In every game out there bugs like that happen and don't always appear frequently enough.
Well every time i versed killers, there was no ruin but a lit totem it was either DH or third seal (since lullaby get a notification like ruin (it should not but oh well)) and i or another would see a lit totem and BOOM.
When i said hallucinate its like when im killer and i think i saw someone but it was just an hallucination so its fine. Sorry if i was rude. Its just that for me that never happened.
All good, it's like the map glitches where the walls don't spawn, it's not a constant thing and not everyone gets it.
Yeah I agree though noed is given for not stopping gens which is a reward for people doing gens too quickly and not destroying totems. The reward it gives the killer is too powerful like you say
LET THE SALT BEGIN xD
Thank you, it's rare but it does happen like the screenshot of the missing walls or where the killer would get stuck.