What you all forgot about Ruin.

For the record, I'm not saying I agree the changes to Ruin.

To all the baby killers out there who are whining about the Ruin change, I think you are forgetting that it's a Hex totem. It's a TOTEM people!

("Baby" in this sentence refers to crying, not incompetence to ones skill level.)

Why are you complaining like it slowed down the entire match? "Oh poor me, I can't kill a single survivor without it, what will I ever do???"

(What you should be complaining about is how survivors can basically spawn on top of it or it not being hidden enough.)

In 80% of my survivor matches, the totem is broken in the first 30-60 sec. Now the killer lost their perk for the rest of the match, nothing, zip, nada.

I play killer as much as I do survivor. I stopped running Ruin about 4-5 months ago because of that exact reason, what good is Ruin if it's gone in a minute.

You can still moan about it if you want, but you do not know what you're moaning about.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121076/what-you-all-forgot-about-ruin

    Considering it helps early game, setup killers, like Hag, who it CAME OUT WITH, and now does not, it being a totem doesnt change that fact. Even 45 seconds of ruin active can help a hag or trapper set up a few traps.

    Even then, most people are more upset at their logic behind the change, and biased wording of said logic, while they also ignore how fast games go if survivors simply work on gens.

    The change itself wasnt the biggest issue WITH the change.

    At lower ranks, I agree, Ruin does it's job. At red ranks I find Corrupt does the same thing, just consistently. Same thing with gen speed, at low ranks, there are survivors that get spooked off gens easily, red ranks, most of the time gens pop left and right. I don't have an answer for that, but maybe the devs will address it one day.

  • @honestlybaffled said:

    I agree 99% with you.

    But it does slows the game down on green or less ranks, because the survivors will spend time actually looking for it, some won't stop searching or won't touch a gen until they do.

    Its a dummy totem for dummy players, but yeah, waste of perk slot agaisn't good survivors who will just burn through it by getting their great skill checks or just straight up ignoring it.

    ☝️ This is exactly correct. Finally someone who read and understood the post.

  • when is the forum going to get a Vote Down button

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121076/what-you-all-forgot-about-ruin

    that's exactly the point here..it's a hex totem. it didn't need to be nerfed. now it's just a worse hex totem. also, for me it's not the change itself its the uh. lack of intelligence? that went behind the change. For instance, one of the top points had to do with skill checks , and yet there's already a perk in game that bypasses hex ruin by turning good skill checks into great skill checks.

    so the change was not merited. it was not necessary. If survivors are having issues doing skill checks all they needed to do was use the tools already in game to help them until they learned the ropes. But clearly nerfing one of the only valid slow down perk in game was the way to go here , instead of just throwing spine chill and stake out on the blood web for a couple of weeks.

    also dedicated testers like interact have done detailed breakdowns of all killer perks, their ins and outs etc etc.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdl_4H7dMKc&t=337s

    you can clearly see his breakdown of all slow down perks here. Perhaps if you watch this video you will have a bit more knowledge. skip to the 35-36 minute marker..where he gives the tier list. as you can clearly see, hex ruin is highly regarded above any of the other slow down perks. also, he later clarified some information, and surge is a d tier perk and not an a tier perk.

    Just to set the record straight, again, nowhere did I say I agree with the change. I find it very unusual that a lot of people are falsely reading the post, filling it in with what they think it says... I'll edit the post and add it to the top.

    I just find at higher ranks there are more consistent options. I also think people should give it a chance first. I tested it in the PTB with similar, if not, better results.

  • And let’s not forget that maps are awful. Did they even try playing on the game before they released it. It’s ######### terrible. Hawkins is terrible. Lerys is terrible. Sanctum of wrath is terrible. Ormund is terrible. The swamp is terrible.

    I can’t say haddonfield and the asylum are terrible. I enjoy them when I’m playing survivor but they are very difficult as a killer.

    there are so many awful maps, good maps have overpowered tiles. Top tier killers get nerfed. Ruin gets nerfed. What’s next? Taking the BP bonus away from BBQ and chili.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    And let’s not forget that maps are awful. Did they even try playing on the game before they released it. It’s ######### terrible. Hawkins is terrible. Lerys is terrible. Sanctum of wrath is terrible. Ormund is terrible. The swamp is terrible.

    I can’t say haddonfield and the asylum are terrible. I enjoy them when I’m playing survivor but they are very difficult as a killer.

    there are so many awful maps, good maps have overpowered tiles. Top tier killers get nerfed. Ruin gets nerfed. What’s next? Taking the BP bonus away from BBQ and chili.

    I agree.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Most people who are complaining about losing its slow down potential are complaining because it, at times, gave them a little bit of a buffer in the beginning of the game to get things rolling. It gave them a little extra time to find the first survivor before the first gen popped. Now they don't feel like they have that (though Corrupt Intervention can kind of do the same thing. 🤷)

    I never play with Ruin as Killer. I rarely play Killer at all. But at least I'm willing to listen to those who are upset about the loss without calling them names and dismissing their concerns.

    Corrupt is nothing compared to the Ruin 😉

  • Man, this thread. . . so, some people can manage a few kills per match without Ruin, thus, Ruin itself is not needed by anybody else? I once managed a 4k with Trapper without any perks against a purple team, so by that logic, any killer using perks is obviously a noob. Anybody crying about it is obviously a baby killer.

    Just because some people can do something, doesn't mean everybody can. So you can do something without Ruin, congrats. Don't use yourself as the measuring post everybody else should attempt to match.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Man, this thread. . . so, some people can manage a few kills per match without Ruin, thus, Ruin itself is not needed by anybody else? I once managed a 4k with Trapper without any perks against a purple team, so by that logic, any killer using perks is obviously a noob. Anybody crying about it is obviously a baby killer.

    Just because some people can do something, doesn't mean everybody can. So you can do something without Ruin, congrats. Don't use yourself as the measuring post everybody else should attempt to match.

    what else is new. this is what you get when your game has millions of players. nothing you or anyone can do about it. Companies these days just operate under the false assumption that more players means more money, when in reality if they had less than a million players they'd still make money and those players would continue to play the game all the time instead of having a player base that highly fluctuate and is mostly populated by toxic trolls. Same problem wow has, which is why they don't even tell people what their subscription numbers are anymore.



    one guy thinks the new hex ruin is good..and therefore this must be the correct opinion and the opinion of everyone. screw the majority.

  • MARTIANS LAND ON EARTH TO BRING PRESIDENT TRUMP HOME


























































































































    this whole article is a lie.

    in other words, if you are going to lead with such a bold claim perhaps you should expect that people are going to react to it the way they are.It's how people work. Deal with it and stop using bait and switch trollish tactics just to garner reactions from people. very few people share your opinion that the new hex ruin is good. I think you will find that a lot of people will be disagreeing with you. It's not a popular opinion at the moment.

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1005138#Comment_1005138

    Did you even read the post? I said 80% of my matches the totem is found and destroyed in 30-60 sec. That has nothing to do with the competence of the killer. That's a reflection on how I think ruin is terribly inconsistent, because it is a totem.

    As a matter of fact, I do believe corrupt is far more superior and I find I have a much higher success rate.

    "Baby" is merely a jab at the killers that are crying about the change. I think they are complaining for the wrong reasons.

    I read it and you obviously do not know why people use Ruin. Its popular because its one of the only early game perks. Obviously killers dont want it cleansed but it just needs to be active for 1-3 minutes for it to be worth it and the effect is powerful enough that 80% of red ranks (or as you call them, baby killers) are willing to take the risk that its cleansed early.

    If you dont understand ill make it simple;

    • Survivor are at their strongest early game so killers need something to slow down their early game.
    • Ruin is artificial pressure used early game for killers to build their own pressure.
    • This is so important that killers are willing to risk it breaking early being a useless perk.
    • Its NOT meant to last the entire match and any killer worth his salt wont expect it to
  • @Quol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1005595#Comment_1005595

    I read it and you obviously do not know why people use Ruin. Its popular because its one of the only early game perks. Obviously killers dont want it cleansed but it just needs to be active for 1-3 minutes for it to be worth it and the effect is powerful enough that 80% of red ranks (or as you call them, baby killers) are willing to take the risk that its cleansed early.

    If you dont understand ill make it simple;

    • Survivor are at their strongest early game so killers need something to slow down their early game.
    • Ruin is artificial pressure used early game for killers to build their own pressure.
    • This is so important that killers are willing to risk it breaking early being a useless perk.
    • Its NOT meant to last the entire match and any killer worth his salt wont expect it to

    For some reason, you still seem to think I said, "everyone who uses ruin is a baby killer". Where are reading that? Quote me if you find it. Other than that, your insight is welcome and seems informative.

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    MARTIANS LAND ON EARTH TO BRING PRESIDENT TRUMP HOME

    this whole article is a lie.

    in other words, if you are going to lead with such a bold claim perhaps you should expect that people are going to react to it the way they are.It's how people work. Deal with it and stop using bait and switch trollish tactics just to garner reactions from people. very few people share your opinion that the new hex ruin is good. I think you will find that a lot of people will be disagreeing with you. It's not a popular opinion at the moment.

    That's correct, it is my opinion, deal with it.

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007136#Comment_1007136

    what else is new. this is what you get when your game has millions of players. nothing you or anyone can do about it. Companies these days just operate under the false assumption that more players means more money, when in reality if they had less than a million players they'd still make money and those players would continue to play the game all the time instead of having a player base that highly fluctuate and is mostly populated by toxic trolls. Same problem wow has, which is why they don't even tell people what their subscription numbers are anymore.

    one guy thinks the new hex ruin is good..and therefore this must be the correct opinion and the opinion of everyone. screw the majority.

    Wait, hang on, maybe you're not that correct, you seem to think I said new ruin is good... you misunderstood.

  • good grief. No one is telling you you can't have an opinion. Being entitled to an opinion does not mean everyone has to agree with you or even want to hear it. Grow up. You can think whatever you want. Go ahead. you can think 1+1 = 5. No one is stopping you. People will probably disagree with you and try to prove you wrong, or point out that you are probably just stirring up trouble at which point you should be able to defend your opinion wiht hard fact and reasoning, and if you can't possibly you should reform your opinion instead of just telling people "it's my opinion, deal with it" . That's a bit childish. Opinions should evolve and you should be able to give a reason as to why you have them. They shouldn't just be crap you believe in blindly or trollish nonsense you tell people just to get a laugh.


    so don't worry, i'm not trying to steal your rights, entitlements or freedoms. It's just my opinion that opinions dont' always need to be expressed. Like this one for instance , probably didn't need to waste my energy typing all this.


    anyway, this all started because what you were saying passed off as trollish. If i have taken your initial post the wrong way I apologize, but to me it just seemed you were trying to cause issues. which ..is my opinion.

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1005669#Comment_1005669

    🤣 All I can picture is Peter Hayden Dinklage in Elf. You're getting so insecure about an error, that you felt the need to rant about it. I feel sorry for you bud. You have my pity and I'm sympathetic for you.

    Actually if you read what i said i specifically mentioned not wanting to talk about but because youre predictable i knew you would stay on it and wanted you to talk about the actual point of your post

    You instead ignored what i said completely and told me im insecure for pointing out your mistakes....what does deflection mean? Double points if you remember the reason was because your first message started with "Ur grammar bad"

    The thing is nobody cares that you cant spell, nobody cares that you point out others mistakes. Were here to talk about dbd, instead this whole thread has been you raging about personal problems and talking ######### to others

1 2 ›