Dark Devotion a wonderful perk that is getting ignored from literally everyone... saldy....

I got too many free hits, kills and even grabs with that perk. Even if you dont get anythingt out of this perk, survivors will be aware and might just hide and not even heal. Especially on maps like lerys, the game etc. Ppl should really get out of their comfort zone and try new perks like this. It is kinda sad to see such potential and good ideas of perks wasted.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Sairek

    As Doc its funny aswell :D I cant wait to use shock blast with that!

  • I play it on Ghostface and my Hag. And its fun to confuse survivors a lot.

    I've got lots of gen grabs with the hag thanks to it and it combines fine with STBFL (even if they should exclude each other, but I tried and it works just fine)

    On Ghostface I pair it up with Nemesis and Rancor (thinking about Furtive Chase) for an obsession roulette build

  • @DonZwiebel

    On myers is funny as hell with T3 xD Just waiting next to a almost finished gen and then boom!

  • It's great. I use it from time to time on Legion. He looks so much like a survivor people run into me even after seeing me xD

  • @Sonzaishinai

    I wouldnt admit that, for me legion has a clear difference from survivors. But on legion dark devoition is a good perk.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Sonzaishinai

    I wouldnt admit that, for me legion has a clear difference from survivors. But on legion dark devoition is a good perk.

    Could be the survivors i was facing at that time were just blind. All i know that they where looking at me and just ran into my arms

  • I do have to say that without nemesis i find it quite inconsistent. So that could be a reason people don't want to use it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994663#Comment_994663

    I doubt it'd work with shock blast.

    Dark Devotion does not transfer your terror radius onto the server. It reduces your terror radius to 0 and gives the survivor a new terror radius which is always 32 meters large.

    Currently Dark Devotion doesn't work with static field, along with perks like Nurses Calling, Unnerving Presence, etc. So I doubt it'd work with static blast.

    In fact right now, if you try to shock therapy a survivor when your terror radius is 0 due to dark devotion, the shock therapy just does nothing. You can't zap anyone.

    Otzdarva proved you actually can, and a dev confirmed they wont be changing it.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/WittyAssiduousRingOpieOP


  • Does it transfer your Feral Frenzy detection on Legion as well? Or does that stay as your "normal" TR?

  • I would guess it should work with Legion too, as the description says inside his TR. But Dark Devotion should not be applied by a hit in FF, cause that is not a basic attack.

  • @DonZwiebel said:

    I would guess it should work with Legion too, as the description says inside his TR. But Dark Devotion should not be applied by a hit in FF, cause that is not a basic attack.

    Thinking more along the lines of: come up on 2 people on a gen, hit the Obsession with a basic, then go into FF and move along from there.

  • I love dark devotion as a survivor. When I get hit I then just run towards another survivor and just watch him run for the hills, It's hilarious.

  • @GaunterODimm said:

    I love dark devotion as a survivor. When I get hit I then just run towards another survivor and just watch him run for the hills, It's hilarious.

    Yes, thats one of the best parts of it.๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Nemesis and Dark Devotion is an amazing combo in my opinion...

  • It's only decent if you stack it with other obsession perks that regularly shuffle the obsession, otherwise it's just a pain in the ass to activate. Really I'm not that interested in burning 2 perk slots for one half-decent perk.

  • It's one of my favourite perks, and it's especially good on one-shotting killers like Myers and the Oni. Definetly an underrated perk.

  • @anarchy753

    Idk if you mix that up with another perk but you just have to hit the obsession with a basic attacke to active it? Its not really that hard and it is totally fine by itsself.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I got too many free hits, kills and even grabs with that perk. Even if you dont get anythingt out of this perk, survivors will be aware and might just hide and not even heal. Especially on maps like lerys, the game etc. Ppl should really get out of their comfort zone and try new perks like this. It is kinda sad to see such potential and good ideas of perks wasted.

    I personally don't find a need for it as keeping track of/predicting where people have run off too has become pretty easy. As you gain more experience with maps and playstyles I find tracking perks to become slowly more obsolete. Not saying they cannot be fun or occasionally useful (love Nurses) but you find you don't rely on them as much.

  • @MegaWaffle

    Dark Devotion is not a tracking perk dafuq? xD

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I got too many free hits, kills and even grabs with that perk. Even if you dont get anythingt out of this perk, survivors will be aware and might just hide and not even heal. Especially on maps like lerys, the game etc. Ppl should really get out of their comfort zone and try new perks like this. It is kinda sad to see such potential and good ideas of perks wasted.

    It was my favorite perk on Legion

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @MegaWaffle

    Dark Devotion is not a tracking perk dafuq? xD

    Sorry I had a brain fart and was thinking Bitter Murmur for some reason...