Most of the survivor's gameplay takes no skill and too boring

Seriously, most of the time survivors are holding m1 and dealing with some skill checks. Doing gens, healing, sabotaging hooks, disarming traps, mending, etc... no skills, and not fun

The only thing that needs skill is the chase, and it's the core element of fun for survivors. BUT, killer can only chase 1 survivors at a time. So.. in some match you don't even need be chased to win.

So... i think it's time for devs to do an overhaul to survivor's gameplay.. What do you think?

Comments

  • What you say is true, but i dont see any suggestions.

  • @xEa said:

    What you say is true, but i dont see any suggestions.

    I'm not expert in this game.. i'm not experience enough to make suggestions

  • Yeah, the most fun games I have as survivor and killer are the long games when ruin stays up all the time, and theres multiple chases. Sadly the game direction is going for short gen rushes, where everyone loses points and fun, and the survivor queues are just getting worse all the time....

  • Only a handful of changes could make this possible, and they don't have to be implemented together.

    • Add an additional objective that forces survivors to move around the map such as finding fuel for gens, allowing more time for chases.
    • Greatly reduce the number of pallets on each map.
    • Reduce the likelihood of safe/God loops and pallets spawning too close together.
    • Add doors or block windows at the worst God loops.
    • Increase killer movement speed.
    • Allow bloodlust to remain after breaking a pallet.
    • Reduce the time needed to break pallets.

    I really don't see any of these happening though because right now the devs attention is focused on the fun of both new survivors and potato survivors. They need the excessive pallets, broken map design, and ultra safe loops just to feel like they are playing well.

    More killers are learning not to chase for more than 15-30 seconds at a time because it's a waste. If you can't get a down in 30 seconds you at least try to get s hit or take out a pallet and move on. This isn't fun for either side, and is actually stressful for killer, but it's the way the devs are pushing everyone to play.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Seriously, most of the time survivors are holding m1 and dealing with some skill checks. Doing gens, healing, sabotaging hooks, disarming traps, mending, etc... no skills, and not fun

    The only thing that needs skill is the chase, and it's the core element of fun for survivors. BUT, killer can only chase 1 survivors at a time. So.. in some match you don't even need be chased to win.

    So... i think it's time for devs to do an overhaul to survivor's gameplay.. What do you think?

    "Seriously, most of the time survivors are holding m1 and dealing with some skill checks"

    Don't worry it seems BHVR is taking those skillchecks out. After all survivors find it "frustrating" and cannot hit them apparently.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Seriously, most of the time survivors are holding m1 and dealing with some skill checks. Doing gens, healing, sabotaging hooks, disarming traps, mending, etc... no skills, and not fun

    The only thing that needs skill is the chase, and it's the core element of fun for survivors. BUT, killer can only chase 1 survivors at a time. So.. in some match you don't even need be chased to win.

    So... i think it's time for devs to do an overhaul to survivor's gameplay.. What do you think?

    Eh not really fair to say. I remember when I started playing survivor, the grind was brutal. I died almost every game and hovered at like rank 15-17 for a bit. Hex checks were impossible, I didn’t know maps or loops, and couldn’t outrun the killer at all. There’s a lot to learn as survivor, and I continue to learn.


    I also play killer and no shade, I didn’t have to grind much at all to start doing well and getting 4K games. Plus I ranked up much much faster.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120112/most-of-the-survivors-gameplay-takes-no-skill-and-too-boring

    Eh not really fair to say. I remember when I started playing survivor, the grind was brutal. I died almost every game and hovered at like rank 15-17 for a bit. Hex checks were impossible, I didn’t know maps or loops, and couldn’t outrun the killer at all. There’s a lot to learn as survivor, and I continue to learn.

    I also play killer and no shade, I didn’t have to grind much at all to start doing well and getting 4K games. Plus I ranked up much much faster.

    so get the totem, iv never quite understood why people moaned so much about it, i know not everyone can get great everytime but there are multiple perks to help find totems and even maps can find them, they also arent hard to find. but what youre saying is you cant hit greats, lead on a good chase or escape but you expect to rank up? that doesnt make much sense, those are the areas you need to learn and improve on to make you a better survivor, theres no point in rank and if you cant do those thing because youre new its best to learn in the lower ranks than against rank 1`s. it was also used to slow the game down at game start, it was OP against new players but it needed a tweak not removing its difficulty to make the game more bland and easy

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120112/most-of-the-survivors-gameplay-takes-no-skill-and-too-boring

    Eh not really fair to say. I remember when I started playing survivor, the grind was brutal. I died almost every game and hovered at like rank 15-17 for a bit. Hex checks were impossible, I didn’t know maps or loops, and couldn’t outrun the killer at all. There’s a lot to learn as survivor, and I continue to learn.

    I also play killer and no shade, I didn’t have to grind much at all to start doing well and getting 4K games. Plus I ranked up much much faster.

    That's because you were new to this game. But after you get the hang of it, the game almost become M1simulator

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/992936#Comment_992936

    That's because you were new to this game. But after you get the hang of it, the game almost become M1simulator

    I’m not new though.

  • If you're wrong, killer mains doesn't exist.

  • devs removed ruin lol,its too hard to find and clean totem for them, that is average surv skill and it will be worse after every patch with such nerfs of killers, im killer main and i play better as surv on red ranks than most red ranks survivors.

  • If this was true most games would end with two survivors escaping and all points for players would be close to equal. In reality in almost every game the killer has the most points by a few thousand and on average more survivors die than escape. I suck as a killer and usually get a 4k. There is no comparison, killer is way way easier. It probably has to be that way otherwise no one would play killer, but I don't understand why killer mains complain so much.

  • Survivor has a higher skill ceiling than killer mains would like everyone to believe lol

  • Waste of ######### time. They will never make it harder for survivors. They're already using a motorcycle in a bicycle race and it only keeps getting better for them with every update.

  • I feel this is an issue of the maps being the size of America + Europe combined.

    Smaller maps and indoor maps, albeit harder on survivors, keep the killer close and make you think on your toes since there's lots of blind spots while working on a generator. There's no suspense/excitement in knowing that the killer is all the way across an open field map.

  • If the devs balanced the game more, then every survivor would pretty much always have to be chased a decent amount.

  • Yeah survivor is way too simple. I wish there was more to do like puzzles/minigames or hunting key items.

  • I wouldn't say survivor takes no skill, I'd just say it's less stressful than killer and has a higher skill ceiling compared to most of the opposing cast.

  • I said "you were". Meaning you were a beginner in the past.

    I was a new player too. In fact, everyone that is experience with the game now were once a new player

  • @stvnhthr said:

    If this was true most games would end with two survivors escaping and all points for players would be close to equal. In reality in almost every game the killer has the most points by a few thousand and on average more survivors die than escape. I suck as a killer and usually get a 4k. There is no comparison, killer is way way easier. It probably has to be that way otherwise no one would play killer, but I don't understand why killer mains complain so much.

    I think you misunderstood my point. The main point of this post is most of the time survivors are holding M1, which is not fun and takes no skill.

    Maybe in chase survivors have higher skill ceiling, but that the only thing for survivors to have fun and improve. And as i said, killer can only chase 1 survivors 1 at the time, meaning most of the time you're not in chase.

    Maybe i missed a point. Map awareness is also something survivors can improve.