Final Preparations
Well the summer event is about to release, anyone got tips for apprentice killers?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Try to priotize Grill Hooks and bring BBQ and event offerings cause there is gonna be a lot of bloodpoints.
But toxicity was still very present. Trappers, Hags and LFs doing nothing but camping lunar gens and survivors abusing the flashlight changes and sabo.
So....Maybe not the best place to ask. What are the events like? I've only been around for a month or so.
I equipped Agitation, Barbecue & Chili, Hangman's Trick & Iron Grasp on my Hillbilly.
Hillbilly, to get around quickly.
Agitation & Iron Grasp, to get them to the right Hooks.
Barbecue & Chili, for the Bloodpoints & for the auras to get other Survivors quickly.
Hangman's Trick, to deny sabotage trolls from trolling.
Full of Killers camping event Generators and Survivors sabotaging event Hooks.
Ohh, this is just a side-thought, but...
Since you got trolls sabotaging your Hooks, you might want to make Iron Grasp a standard Perk as well.
If they troll you by sabotaging Hooks, they might also troll you when you carry them by equipping Boil Over, messing up your walking big time.
I found the wiki page relating to it...I never heard about the event coming! Kind of wish they announced it somewhere in the news section of the game's steam page. Ah well. I know now! And I also understand. Special generators, special hooks, special cosmetics, lots of bloodpoints.
So, how does the attitude shift in the community? Do people play the same? Harder? More generous, or more trolley?
I'd say that the already toxic players will mostly step up their cancer game and most normal players being a bit more generous, exception proves the rule.
Lets be honest the "Pro pain" hammer is meh at best and the "Sunrise Top" was a "take your kid to work day" cosmetic release. For me personally I don't care for either objective cosmetic, unlike the amazing jacket and decent mask of Howling grounds.
I remember accidentally bumping into one of these sabo squads it wasn't during the event tho. At first i thought they would gen rush then my game started to explode with noises. I only equipped hangman's trick because my pig had no survivors transport perks so I used hangman's trick. The team sabo hooks only for the hooks to regenerate 10 seconds later and they didn't stop until ended up 4king all of them. Honestly sabo is a terrible mechanic why not make sabo just better at smashing hex totems?
Yall have this narrative in your head about these spooky squads and killers doing nasty things. How about just play around it and move on
Sadly you're the exception, I've had 3 killers farm when multiple offerings were done and 1 was because someone dc'd during loading screen. All the rest have either been business as usual or the same old toxic killers. Billy's have all been hardcore jerks about it, Nurses and 1 huntress the same. I even had a Trapper use insidious on a camped person. some fair Pig's and a really cool Leatherface.
Actually reminds me of a funny match I had earlier today...playing huntress, one person dced in the loading screen, 2 invites burnt, on the game. They don't do well, and I manage to get all 4 hooks pretty easily. On about the third, I go "Eh, I've pretty much won (they had 3 hooks between them all, and I was taking it easy, and no gens done), or could win easily. I'll just get my last bbq hook and let them do the special gens, maybe get away."
Found a survivor, hooked him (accidently sacrificing, thought he had one more, whoops.), found another survivor, downed them, and dropped them repeatedly at a special gen. They ran away, not getting the message. I find the OTHER survivor, and they end up getting it. I, in the end, treated that one like a puppy, downing and dragging them to the next special generator until it was done. Then the gate (and actually downed them so they could maybe get the agonizing escape achievement). I thought it was funny that I made it really obvious I was more or less done with the match, and the first one was hiding scared, hardcore.
Not sure if that's technically against the TOS or whatever...but given it's an event, I figured "eh, what the heck"
@Chrona I've had the same thing happen and as killer if they remaining ones aren't toxic i'll let them out and earn the points. I think the devs are more concerned and willing to punish the survivors that lead the killer to others to get them killed.