Monto vs BHVR game was embarrassing

Seriously, are these the guys that tested the Ruin changes? This isn’t a fair representation of low rank players, it was just bad. No looping skills, running away from pallets to dead areas, going down almost immediately in chases.

To too it off two of them even ran Calm Spirit assuming people would be playing Doctor on the PTB, so they had an advantage most people won’t use on live after the first week fad wears off. Which I guess is smart but also kind of sleezy and wouldn’t give an accurate feedback.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983251#Comment_983251

    Curious what bug do you think they had to check in the largest map in the game?

    I never mentioned specifficly that they needed to test a bug in the largest map of the game, where did you get that from?

    And when this goes live doc will have to play on the largest map in the game sometimes, so it's good to know how he will be performing on there before they go live with it right?

  • 80% of players use it because they're too lazy to actually learn how to play.

    Every DLC a new killer perk comes out that becomes part of their ever growing list of useable perks, the last meta perk that was added to DBD for survivors was dead hard with david.

    Quinten had nothing

    Tapp had nothing

    Kate had nothing

    Adam had nothing

    Jeff had nothing

    Jane had nothing

    Ash had nothing because it got nerfed ( rightly so )

    Nancy had nothing

    Steve had nothing

    Yui has MAYBE Breakout.

    Killers get a new perk EVERY dlc that combines really well with their other perks to slowdown game

    Bubba - BBQ

    Freddy - Bloodwarden

    Pig - MYC

    Clown - Pop/Bamboozle

    Spirit - Spirit Fury

    Legion - Discordance

    Plague - Corrupt Intervention/Infectious Fright

    Ghostface - Nothing but more and more huntress' are running I'm All Ears

    Demo - Nothing really tbh

    Oni - Nemsis is being used a lot

    Ruin is FAR from needed but people always fall back on it because it's effortless to use, coupled with the "Ruin is always broken within 10 seconds" I've never understood why every killer bangs on about how needed it is.

  • So people are upset that bhvr employees wanted to enjoy playing their own game even though they aren't experts at it it?

    Some people just want to be outraged at anything.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983247#Comment_983247

    Ruin really doesn't bother me, never used it, always been red rank on both sides, I guess it's the mentality that comes with actually being good at the game I guess.

    I feel like people who say this don't even consider killer choices. You can't tell me that a Clown player should be judged by the same metric as a Billy player when the margin for error to succeed is way more lenient for Billy.

  • @Negi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983254#Comment_983254

    I feel like people who say this don't even consider killer choices. You can't tell me that a Clown player should be judged by the same metric as a Billy player when the margin for error to succeed is way more lenient for Billy.

    Isn't it amazing how suddenly there are all these red rank killers falling from the sky to say they don't use ruin?

    Facinating that so many some how fall outside the 80% of killers in red ranks that use it, but then refuse to say who they use.

    Which leads me to believe either that they use nothing but the meta trio

    Or are lying.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983308#Comment_983308

    It's a PTB for testing things against the Doctor, who knew people would try using things against the doctor. and anyone that is taking PTB games seriously enough to be discouraged from playing any more needs a reality check.

    again, trying to prevent people that work at bhvr using what they want is ridiculous.

    I'm not trying to prevent them from playing what they want. I'm just saying how it comes off. BHVR is notoriously bad at PR ("Civ," "pretty good job so far," the way they worded the reasons for the Ruin nerf focusing on survivors).

    And when I see four people who are part of a company doing something that could easily be interpreted as uncool towards a customer, I mean, the natural reaction is to wonder about the intentions and whether or not it reflects a larger attitude within the company. Again, that's just how it is when people are employees at any company. If BHVR were better with PR and didn't have a large number of killers asking "does our fun really matter to you?" then maybe seeing this wouldn't raise questions about the larger attitude within the company.


    I dunno, I think I've derailed this thread, and I should probably stop 'cause we're not going to see eye to eye. And that's okay. This is just my opinion about how they so often come off wrong in the eyes of their playerbase. They need to get better at PR and communication in general. It's great that they're as active as they are within the community, it is, but there's undeniably room for improvement.

  • I tend not to watch Monto as many of his builds I find are gimmicky but it's variety for dbd.

    I like the idea that the Devs balance the game from playing it at low rank as it would explain a lot. Tried playing killer again to see what happens without ruin, find I get stream rolled by sweaty red survivors at green rank killer which again says a lot about the game. Whenever I ask if they were using Comms I never get a reply now.

  • Closing this thread as it's just there to try to poke fun of people.

1 2 3 ›