Just bring DS

So one thing I've seen a lot when a killer complains about getting DSed (whether a legitimate complaint or not) is there will always be someone who says "just don't tunnel lol". So my question is, should killers just tunnel and say "just bring DS lol" if anyone complains?

Comments

  • I just hope they look at DS. I run it all the time on my survivor. But it is way too strong. I feel once another survivor is hooked DS should deactivate.

  • I dont use ds, waste of a perk slot imo.

  • @AAAAA said:

    So one thing I've seen a lot when a killer complains about getting DSed (whether a legitimate complaint or not) is there will always be someone who says "just don't tunnel lol". So my question is, should killers just tunnel and say "just bring DS lol" if anyone complains?

    People should bring DS anyway - even if you don't tunnel as a killer there are a dozen others I come across in a night that do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Go ahead and run DS. Isn't going to save you from the massive amounts of slugging and moris that are going to be used once the Ruin nerf comes out, lol.

    Just shows how small-minded some Killers are. Punishing Survivors for a change they never asked for.

    But I am not surprised, just need to take a look at the Forums.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118889/just-bring-ds

    People should bring DS anyway - even if you don't tunnel as a killer there are a dozen others I come across in a night that do.

    But what I'm saying is, does the existence of DS tunneling is okay?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980078#Comment_980078

    What else are they supposed to do, though? There's literally nothing else Killers will be able to do to counter early game pressure.

    Saying killers are punishing survivors for adapting to this change is like saying survivors punished killers for the "no heal meta" when they nerfed healing.

    Its not like there are Killers who already play without Ruin in High Ranks. I mean, just watch Scorpionz, playing Pig (a Killer which many people call weak) in Red Ranks, without any Slowdown Perks.

    I really hope that Killers will go away from their massive Slowdown aka Ruin/PGTW/Sloppy in one single Build, and go for Chase Perks instead.

  • I use DS, even though I hate it.

    There's no point in handicapping yourself on either side due to someone else's feelings.

    I'll also tunnel or camp if the situation calls for it.

    I'm pretty good at the game and do well, so I know I'm making the correct decisions - the made up rules and feelings of others (toward perks/actions) mean nothing to me.

  • For the killers that don't tunnel or feel that Ds is unfair, I feel for you, but you got to understand that for every one killer that doesn't there's about 10 toxic killers that do.

  • @PB182 said:

    For the killers that don't tunnel or feel that Ds is unfair, I feel for you, but you got to understand that for every one killer that doesn't there's about 10 toxic killers that do.

    And so my question is, since DS can screw you over without tunneling, would killers be justified in tunneling anyways since survivors have a counter.

    What I see is:

    - gets DSed without tunneling, gets told to not tunnel

    So is the inverse okay?

    - gets tunneled without DS, gets told to just bring DS

  • @AAAAA said:

    So one thing I've seen a lot when a killer complains about getting DSed (whether a legitimate complaint or not) is there will always be someone who says "just don't tunnel lol". So my question is, should killers just tunnel and say "just bring DS lol" if anyone complains?

    No from my perspective i've noticed most of us killers just whine that it needs to be removed or nerfed. with a lot also saying DS rewards you for playing poorly. These same people then say it takes no skill to loops or run from killer. Also those same people just want it to be removed because "There should be any second chance perks" Then you look at NoED which is a last chance/ Second chance perk lmfao. Sooooo

  • @Poochkips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118889/just-bring-ds

    No from my perspective i've noticed most of us killers just whine that it needs to be removed or nerfed. with a lot also saying DS rewards you for playing poorly. These same people then say it takes no skill to loops or run from killer. Also those same people just want it to be removed because "There should be any second chance perks" Then you look at NoED which is a last chance/ Second chance perk lmfao. Sooooo

    But it's not getting changed, so does DS justify tunneling?

  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980911#Comment_980911

    But it's not getting changed, so does DS justify tunneling?

    Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I think if a survivor hops in a locker they should lose DS. This is one of the easiest ways to even tell someone has DS. That would stop people from abusing it to a god mode level. I think that would be a good nerf. It was a step in the right direction with taking away the infinity of when it could be used. For me, most of the time, i honestly slug off hook. Not everyones gonna do that though :x

  • @Poochkips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980929#Comment_980929

    Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I think if a survivor hops in a locker they should lose DS. This is one of the easiest ways to even tell someone has DS. That would stop people from abusing it to a god mode level. I think that would be a good nerf. It was a step in the right direction with taking away the infinity of when it could be used. For me, most of the time, i honestly slug off hook. Not everyones gonna do that though :x

    So you so agree it should be changed! Glad to hear it. I personally think it should last until you get in a locker, get healed, get on a gen/totem, or until someone else gets hooked. This might seem like a lot, but it will prevent it from being 60 seconds of no consequences.

  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980940#Comment_980940

    So you so agree it should be changed! Glad to hear it. I personally think it should last until you get in a locker, get healed, get on a gen/totem, or until someone else gets hooked. This might seem like a lot, but it will prevent it from being 60 seconds of no consequences.

    Oh definitely. I think there should be more reasons am survivor could lose it. Maybe being healed to full should automatically remove the DS effect, or hopping in lockers makes it go. It would fix 2 pretty big problems as it is.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980911#Comment_980911

    But it's not getting changed, so does DS justify tunneling?

    How would DS justify tunneling exactly? Survivors are the players who suffer from tunneling, so without DS there wouldnt be any reason for a killer not to tunnel. DS doesnt justify tunneling, it punishes it.

    DS currently is important for discouraging killers to tunnel, but it does this in a poor way that punishes non tunneling killers time to time. If DS is gonna get changed again this should be kept in mind.

  • Well, as Survivor, you need DS. So "just bring DS" is 100% correct.

  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980843#Comment_980843

    And so my question is, since DS can screw you over without tunneling, would killers be justified in tunneling anyways since survivors have a counter.

    What I see is:

    - gets DSed without tunneling, gets told to not tunnel

    So is the inverse okay?

    - gets tunneled without DS, gets told to just bring DS

    @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980843#Comment_980843

    And so my question is, since DS can screw you over without tunneling, would killers be justified in tunneling anyways since survivors have a counter.

    What I see is:

    - gets DSed without tunneling, gets told to not tunnel

    So is the inverse okay?

    - gets tunneled without DS, gets told to just bring DS

    I'd say just leave a survivor you believe may have it in the dying state for a minute and if they do have it and you get stunned than tunnel as they can only use it once and now you can hook again with no worries 🤷‍♂️

  • DBD Facts:

    Did you know that you can tunnel even up to 4 people at the same time?

    The famous "Tunelling Profesour" Decisive Strike has confirmed that.

    Even bad Killers can tunnel 2 surviviors at the same time. How many can YOU tunnel?

  • General Unbreakable has famously replied with these words: "If we work together, its Free Real Health State"

  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980843#Comment_980843

    And so my question is, since DS can screw you over without tunneling, would killers be justified in tunneling anyways since survivors have a counter.

    What I see is:

    - gets DSed without tunneling, gets told to not tunnel

    So is the inverse okay?

    - gets tunneled without DS, gets told to just bring DS

    Killers are always justified when they choose to tunnel. Don’t get me wrong, I hate getting tunneled and camped when I play survivor, but since I started to play killer more, I learned to not get mad at killers who do it.

    It is not the Killers JOB to provide fun for the survivors, especially when so many survivors find it fun to make killers as miserable as possible with their new “hook tech” or t-bagging, or running directly to the god loops. Devs are responsible for making the game fun for survivors, which they will always prioritize.

    A killers role is to kill. If tunneling achieves that and makes their match less stressful, then more power to them. It’s not as if survivors ask themselves how they could make the game more fun for the killer.

  • @DawnMad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980929#Comment_980929

    How would DS justify tunneling exactly? Survivors are the players who suffer from tunneling, so without DS there wouldnt be any reason for a killer not to tunnel. DS doesnt justify tunneling, it punishes it.

    DS currently is important for discouraging killers to tunnel, but it does this in a poor way that punishes non tunneling killers time to time. If DS is gonna get changed again this should be kept in mind.

    DS would justify tunneling because there is a hard counter to it

  • @AAAAA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981013#Comment_981013

    DS would justify tunneling because there is a hard counter to it

    So you are saying DS has a hard counter so its not good enough to stop tunneling? If so whats that hard counter? I cant exactly see your point.

  • @DawnMad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981254#Comment_981254

    So you are saying DS has a hard counter so its not good enough to stop tunneling? If so whats that hard counter? I cant exactly see your point.

    No, DS counters tunneling. Should have clarified.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980133#Comment_980133

    I've watched ScorpionZ some.

    I guess you missed the games where he gets gen rushed in 4~5 minutes too, though, despite his literal thousands and thousands of hours of experience on Pig. Or the game where literally two generators pop before they can even do anything. Guess because he can sometimes win without the perk against potatoes though, that makes it perfectly okay. *shrug*

    If you would watch closely and not want to spread the narrative that Ruin is absolutely needed (because Killers rely on massive Slowdown instead of really applying pressure), you would see that it does not matter if two Gens pop early and fast. The result in the end is what matters.

    Furthermore, I have not really seen that often that he gets genrushed, but that he loses, because he is playing nice. Like all 4 Survivors on Death Hook without a Killer.

    I mean, you can of course also follow someone like tru3 who thinks he is going against the top Survivors all the time and thinks that the BL-Nerf was "normalization" while actual bugfixes (like Logs which should have collision actually getting their collision) are Killer Nerfs. Or who claims that the game is a 4v1, just to claim in another game, that the Survivors only won because they worked as a team.

    Or you watch more reasonable Content Creators.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982382#Comment_982382

    Saying it doesn't matter if one or two generators pop at the start before the killer is even allowed to do anything to defend them is like saying ebony moris doesn't matter, after all, it's just 1 hook state off of everyone.

    It definitely matters.

    This is of course not even talking about the fact that Pig is one of the few killers who can actually play without Ruin due to her RBTs. I bet if he played Clown or Trapper though, he'd be getting his butt kicked at least 4 out of 5 times.

    Nah, you can still win when you lose Gens early in the match. But you will most likely not survive if a Mori is used on you. (At least if this happens, teach me how)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980104#Comment_980104

    Its not like there are Killers who already play without Ruin in High Ranks. I mean, just watch Scorpionz, playing Pig (a Killer which many people call weak) in Red Ranks, without any Slowdown Perks.

    I really hope that Killers will go away from their massive Slowdown aka Ruin/PGTW/Sloppy in one single Build, and go for Chase Perks instead.

    The problem with that is pig is a good slowdown killer most killers don't have anything to take survivors off of gens besides maybe Freddy

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980104#Comment_980104

    Its not like there are Killers who already play without Ruin in High Ranks. I mean, just watch Scorpionz, playing Pig (a Killer which many people call weak) in Red Ranks, without any Slowdown Perks.

    I really hope that Killers will go away from their massive Slowdown aka Ruin/PGTW/Sloppy in one single Build, and go for Chase Perks instead.

    But when we bring Enduring/Spirit Fury, that also seems to Give Newer Survivors a Frustrating Experience