Dead by daylight Hate mail (how are you suppose to play)

Survivors rules

Dont chase it's a tunnel

Dont watch the hook it's face camping no matter how far you are

If a survivor does get off the hook and you find them again you have to let them leave and find someone else

Let me heal or I will dc

You cant use addons above green

Dont use "meta" perks

Dont use Top killers


So... you want a game with 12 hooks... that's 24 chases ending in hits.


But I cant slow the game down with ruin anymore...


15minutes to get in a match on ps4 as survivors

Instant match for killer

Why tho dev why

Comments

  • Just play basement with Franklin's demise.

  • @Fleece said:

    Just play basement with Franklin's demise.

    Basement defender used to be how I deranked.

  • Here’s the deal. No one likes to lose. Losing effects people in multiple ways and they often lash out or send toxic messages. Here’s what I do and it works like a charm. Ready?


    I turn my messages off and I play exactly as I want. My objective as killer is to not let others survive. As survivor, it’s to escape. When I play, I don’t follow imaginary rules set by tweens with no life. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want, and you know what? It’s been a blast. Try it.

    When things change, I adapt as best I can. I try and not take it too seriously.

  • Screw rank let the nerds care about that #########

  • Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

    You know the sad thing? I meme around a lot doing stuff like pretending-to-be-a-survivor-working-on-gens-all-match Pig, and sometimes I get a message about the match being boring or I'm not playing right, but mostly I get friend requests and messages thanking me or saying "gg."

    Survivors really want killer-free matches. With the way I get instant queues as killer on PS4, I think they're getting their wish.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

    You know the sad thing? I meme around a lot doing stuff like pretending-to-be-a-survivor-working-on-gens-all-match Pig, and sometimes I get a message about the match being boring or I'm not playing right, but mostly I get friend requests and messages thanking me or saying "gg."

    Survivors really want killer-free matches. With the way I get instant queues as killer on PS4, I think they're getting their wish.

    Did they forget about the tutorial? The AI trapper is blocked off behind a fence swinging impotently at you, and you can just tbag him for hours on end, it's brilliant. You can't send him hate mail though which is unfortunate.

  • The most recent toxic messages I've received were from a group of 3 red rank SWF group. One of their friends and the solo survivor brought in keys. Obviously my goal was to sacrifice the two survivors with keys before the third gen could be popped. I try to play fair as killer but I can't afford to do that when there's two keys in the game.

    The solo survivor was cool about understood why I tunneled them, but the other three were sending messages saying that I was toxic and I "failed to provide them with an enjoyable game" (some survivors generally believe it's the killers job to provide a fun game for a survivor). Yet they didn't care about my enjoyment when they brought keys into the game.

    I say this as a main survivor main, that it's ridiculously that some players believe it's the killer's or the survivors' job to provide a fun game. Both the killer and the survivor side are trying to win the game.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977392#Comment_977392

    The most recent toxic messages I've received were from a group of 3 red rank SWF group. One of their friends and the solo survivor brought in keys. Obviously my goal was to sacrifice the two survivors with keys before the third gen could be popped. I try to play fair as killer but I can't afford to do that when there's two keys in the game.

    The solo survivor was cool about understood why I tunneled them, but the other three were sending messages saying that I was toxic and I "failed to provide them with an enjoyable game" (some survivors generally believe it's the killers job to provide a fun game for a survivor). Yet they didn't care about my enjoyment when they brought keys into the game.

    I say this as a main survivor main, that it's ridiculously that some players believe it's the killer's or the survivors' job to provide a fun game. Both the killer and the survivor side are trying to win the game.

    DbD is designed so that the killer is basically supposed to act as the Dungeon Master. The way the emblem system rewards points/pips proves this. Killers are expected to provide fun, fair games for survivors. The problem is, killers have their own goal to sacrifice survivors, and playing in a "fair" way often works against their own interests. It's a video game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone. It's not a job that killers get paid to do. It's absolutely unreasonable all the crap the game puts on killers' shoulders. Survivors have an easy objective and they get to share the load, while the killer is all on their own trying to divide their attention between four survivors (with two health states who get three hooks each) and seven generators. But yeah, let's pick on the killer for daring to try to kill anyone.

    I got a message from someone calling me a garbage tunneling killer... I got a 4k that match. No one died until all four survivors were on death hook, but that first survivor who died was all salty about it. I've never been able to figure out what their definition of tunneling was other than "you killed me, that's not fair." They couldn't accuse me of playing an OP killer, because I was Pig, and they couldn't accuse me of using OP perks because I was using a BP build with no add-ons, so they defaulted to the usual insults. I made the game more difficult for myself to try to provide a "fair" experience by juggling all four survivors, taking turns hooking each one, and not tunneling anyone with an RBT, and someone still complained.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977582#Comment_977582

    DbD is designed so that the killer is basically supposed to act as the Dungeon Master. The way the emblem system rewards points/pips proves this. Killers are expected to provide fun, fair games for survivors. The problem is, killers have their own goal to sacrifice survivors, and playing in a "fair" way often works against their own interests. It's a video game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone. It's not a job that killers get paid to do. It's absolutely unreasonable all the crap the game puts on killers' shoulders. Survivors have an easy objective and they get to share the load, while the killer is all on their own trying to divide their attention between four survivors (with two health states who get three hooks each) and seven generators. But yeah, let's pick on the killer for daring to try to kill anyone.

    I got a message from someone calling me a garbage tunneling killer... I got a 4k that match. No one died until all four survivors were on death hook, but that first survivor who died was all salty about it. I've never been able to figure out what their definition of tunneling was other than "you killed me, that's not fair." They couldn't accuse me of playing an OP killer, because I was Pig, and they couldn't accuse me of using OP perks because I was using a BP build with no add-ons, so they defaulted to the usual insults. I made the game more difficult for myself to try to provide a "fair" experience by juggling all four survivors, taking turns hooking each one, and not tunneling anyone with an RBT, and someone still complained.

    I agree with what most you are saying, but I disagree that's killers are expected to provide fun for the survivors. I say this as a survivor main, the killer aim is to kill all four survivors, likewise the aim of the survivors is to escape (or pip).

    With the argument whether the killer should provide a fun game for survivors, how I see it is that I do not care about the killer's enjoyment, so I don't expect the killer to care about mine.

    I try and play fair as a killer, but playing against red rank survivors you can't really afford to go out your way to play nice. I try avoid tunneling and camping, but if the survivor I find first happened to be the survivor who was unhooked, I'm either putting them back on the hook or slugging them. If the survivors are rushing the hook, I won't leave the area.

    When I play survivor I do not care what the killer does, if he wants to play basement Bubba with insidious they are free to do so. I personally get more annoyed with what the other survivors in the game for not playing optimally (I'm at rank 1, the randoms should be somewhat good, which is often not the case).

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977688#Comment_977688

    I agree with what most you are saying, but I disagree that's killers are expected to provide fun for the survivors. I say this as a survivor main, the killer aim is to kill all four survivors, likewise the aim of the survivors is to escape (or pip).

    With the argument whether the killer should provide a fun game for survivors, how I see it is that I do not care about the killer's enjoyment, so I don't expect the killer to care about mine.

    I try and play fair as a killer, but playing against red rank survivors you can't really afford to go out your way to play nice. I try avoid tunneling and camping, but if the survivor I find first happened to be the survivor who was unhooked, I'm either putting them back on the hook or slugging them. If the survivors are rushing the hook, I won't leave the area.

    When I play survivor I do not care what the killer does, if he wants to play basement Bubba with insidious they are free to do so. I personally get more annoyed with what the other survivors in the game for not playing optimally (I'm at rank 1, the randoms should be somewhat good, which is often not the case).

    You may not expect killers to provide a fun match, but many survivors do. And the game doesn't reward killers for playing efficiently, it rewards them for dragging the match out. Hell, the emblem system punishes killers who down survivors too quickly with their powers.

    I appreciate that you don't have unreasonable expectations of the opposing side, but the game's reward system makes its own expectations of killers pretty clear.

    Edit: I feel like I should point out that I realize the game has some stupid expectations of survivors, too. It expects them to perform multiple roles within one match, which is rarely how a match goes. You're the gen jockey or the medic or the one who keeps the killer busy through the majority of the gens, but being all those things at once? That's a silly expectation.

  • yoo he wildin never talk brazy online