Is now a good time to buy hag?

Well.. i almost have 9k shards, and i planned to buy hag before they announced the ruin change.

As for now.. i'm not sure anymore. Should i still buy hag? Or buy the clown or oni? I only have these three left.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Ruin is trash now but Hag is still really good.

  • Clown has the better perks.

    Pop is amazing.


    After the ruin nerf, can't say the same for hag. And onis perks are meh at best


    But I do really dislike playing clown so 🤷‍♂️

  • Hag is one of the most overpowered killers in the game currently.

    But clown has 2 of the best perks that exist, and is very satisfying to use because of his incredible sound effects. Your call.

  • I personally like devour hope

  • isnt the hag free?

  • @Apple2o said:

    Hag is one of the most overpowered killers in the game currently.

    But clown has 2 of the best perks that exist, and is very satisfying to use because of his incredible sound effects. Your call.

    If you can play her properly, which is surprisingly not as easy as one might think

  • @JOBreazy said:

    isnt the hag free?

    only for console i believe

  • @JOBreazy said:

    isnt the hag free?

    Only on consoles

  • @JOBreazy said:

    isnt the hag free?

    Not on pc

  • @JOBreazy said:

    isnt the hag free?

    Only on Xbox, and as to answer the OP's question that's a maybe but don't expect ruin to be good, it's already looking like trash but Hag while harder to learn is very good.

  • Hag is thr second best killer imo after spirit. So yeah you should buy her just for her power and not for the useless ruin (unless they change their mind and don't implement this terrible nerf)

  • I haven't tried Clown (I do have his PGTW perk tho' from the shrine) but I enjoy playing Hag, so I'd choose her out of these 3.

  • At this point, only buy Hag if you're interested in her playstyle. She's fun.

  • So PC players have to pay for Hag? Do they have a free killer that us console players have to pay for?

  • Devour Hope and Ruin can be fun/useful depending on your play-style and the killers you play. I wouldn't get her with shards unless you actually want to play her though. I personally like her a lot, but a lot of people don't.

  • @Apple2o said:

    Hag is one of the most overpowered killers in the game currently.

    But clown has 2 of the best perks that exist, and is very satisfying to use because of his incredible sound effects. Your call.

    Where do people come up with this stuff?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Well.. i almost have 9k shards, and i planned to buy hag before they announced the ruin change.

    As for now.. i'm not sure anymore. Should i still buy hag? Or buy the clown or oni? I only have these three left.

    Only been a couple hours but if you're buying for the perks go with someone else. Ruin so far in the ptb is completely useless now. But, hag is always fun to play.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976062#Comment_976062

    If you can play her properly, which is surprisingly not as easy as one might think

    Lay traps at pallets, spam control when people run to them, then set up 10 traps at the hook. Did I miss something?

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976067#Comment_976067

    Lay traps at pallets, spam control when people run to them, then set up 10 traps at the hook. Did I miss something?

    You forgot to bring moris and NOED :)

  • NOED is awful, and only useful when you have already lost. A good hag probably won't be getting to lategame 95% of the time. Something like sloppy butcher will get you a million times more mileage.

  • Hag for a strong killer.

    Clown for perks and his laugh when he hits someone.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976067#Comment_976067

    Lay traps at pallets, spam control when people run to them, then set up 10 traps at the hook. Did I miss something?

    10 traps at the hook...that brings memories...


    I was such a dumbass the first few times I played hag... 😂

  • @DBD78 said:

    So PC players have to pay for Hag? Do they have a free killer that us console players have to pay for?

    She doesn't come with the base game, but you can get her for shards. Same with doctor.

    No, they don't have anything like that.

  • @DBD78 said:

    So PC players have to pay for Hag? Do they have a free killer that us console players have to pay for?

    The game is cheaper on PC... it's more expensive on console but some dlcs are bundled in.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976229#Comment_976229

    10 traps at the hook...that brings memories...

    I was such a dumbass the first few times I played hag... 😂

    It is still a totally viable way to play her. She is the best 1 hook killer in the game, next to bubba. There is no counterplay to a good hag except crouch walking everywhere, crippling your teams gen progress. With fast trap add-ons you can shut down an entire area of the map in just 30-40 seconds. Hag doesn't have a bad map. Most killers do.

    Why do you think she has a statistically higher kill rate than almost every other killer in the game?

  • Untitled Image

    Just in case you forgot. She is statically an outlier for the reasons I mentioned above.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976252#Comment_976252

    It is still a totally viable way to play her. She is the best 1 hook killer in the game, next to bubba. There is no counterplay to a good hag except crouch walking everywhere, crippling your teams gen progress. With fast trap add-ons you can shut down an entire area of the map in just 30-40 seconds. Hag doesn't have a bad map. Most killers do.

    Why do you think she has a statistically higher kill rate than almost every other killer in the game?

    1 trap at the hook, and the rest in the area surrounding area? Yes.

    But god, wasting so much time putting 10 traps down less than 10 meters away from the hook is something we all did when we played her the first time, and we only got away with it because the survivors also didn't know what to do... 😂

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976269#Comment_976269

    1 trap at the hook, and the rest in the area surrounding area? Yes.

    But god, wasting so much time putting 10 traps down less than 10 meters away from the hook is something we all did when we played her the first time, and we only got away with it because the survivors also didn't know what to do... 😂

    Fast trap add-ons make setting the traps a second maybe?

    So 10 seconds to set up every trap, each of which is potentially a sloppy butcher hit? So 1 second for a hit that takes 20 seconds to heal.

    Stay rank 20 my dude. I will be here at rank 1.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976269#Comment_976269

    1 trap at the hook, and the rest in the area surrounding area? Yes.

    But god, wasting so much time putting 10 traps down less than 10 meters away from the hook is something we all did when we played her the first time, and we only got away with it because the survivors also didn't know what to do... 😂

    Well, I’m still a noob killer overall, and I still have fun setting my traps at a hook to was all my clones pop up at once.

    Did it to a survivor who annoyed the crap out of me with a flashlight. They saw I placed every trap I had at their hook and I guess they didn’t have faith in their teammates to crawl and just suicided.

  • Hag has 1 Perk that i use for fun.

    Clown has 2 Teachables that are good on most Killers.

    Oni is Oni.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976291#Comment_976291

    Fast trap add-ons make setting the traps a second maybe?

    So 10 seconds to set up every trap, each of which is potentially a sloppy butcher hit? So 1 second for a hit that takes 20 seconds to heal.

    Stay rank 20 my dude. I will be here at rank 1.

    Nope, impossible. The way it works is, it takes her 0.5 seconds to crouch, 1 second to draw, 0.5 seconds to get up. And the addons only affect the drawing part. So it will never be 1 second to fully set a trap.

    Yes, keep putting traps together and activating 5 at once, certainly wasn't a waste of time to set them up.

    Or the survivor crouches to get to the hook and away from it. Negating all that time invested in setting up.

    Sure mate... I am the rank 20. And hag is so easy and powerful that it's only logical very few people play her on red ranks...right?

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976291#Comment_976291

    Well, I’m still a noob killer overall, and I still have fun setting my traps at a hook to was all my clones pop up at once.

    Did it to a survivor who annoyed the crap out of me with a flashlight. They saw I placed every trap I had at their hook and I guess they didn’t have faith in their teammates to crawl and just suicided.

    If you enjoy popping several at once, go for it!

    Is it the most effective? No. But who cares? Fun > optimization ^^

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976067#Comment_976067

    Lay traps at pallets, spam control when people run to them, then set up 10 traps at the hook. Did I miss something?

    Anyone placing more than 1 trap at a hook is an inexperienced or lower rank Hag. Hard proxying the hook is a great way to lose. Traps at pallets usually just force the pallet down without a hit unless you're in chase and able to mindgame them.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976327#Comment_976327

    If you enjoy popping several at once, go for it!

    Is it the most effective? No. But who cares? Fun > optimization ^^

    Yes, I play more for fun these days. I can’t loop killers for more than a few seconds so I try to just find ways to entertain myself. Sometimes I’ll sneak up to a killer to try and surprise them, and then start twerking. It’s funny to put sneak a Ghostface and give them a startle.

    Other times I just mess with teammates. The game gets boring doing the same objectives over an over. But now, for killers, they really don’t have much choice because the games will go too fast unless all of the survivors are potatoes or if they are just wanting to farm.

    I expect to see more Spirits, Hillbilly’s, and Freddys from now on. They don’t need ruin to apply map pressure. It’s sad because I liked playing against a variety.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976229#Comment_976229

    Anyone placing more than 1 trap at a hook is an inexperienced or lower rank Hag. Hard proxying the hook is a great way to lose. Traps at pallets usually just force the pallet down without a hit unless you're in chase and able to mindgame them.

    Why do you assume I am spamming them all down right on it?

    I place them far enough where if they are trigged, the survivor cannot bum rush the hook with BT because they will be hitting the second trap placed directly on the hook and then feeding me a slug on top of the hook, which is literally GG if they don't have unbreakable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976229#Comment_976229

    Anyone placing more than 1 trap at a hook is an inexperienced or lower rank Hag. Hard proxying the hook is a great way to lose. Traps at pallets usually just force the pallet down without a hit unless you're in chase and able to mindgame them.

    Also, traps at pallets should always be a hit if you know they are going to it. You literally just spam control and then do a lunge because the hag is already positioned for the attack coming out of the teleport.

  • I love hag, but she needs time to setup in the early game. With the ruin change, i dont know if she has that time anymore, so she might become a lot worse.

  • Not to mention some of her completely busted add-ons. Why rusty shackles is still in this game is beyond me.

  • @sulaiman said:

    I love hag, but she needs time to setup in the early game. With the ruin change, i dont know if she has that time anymore, so she might become a lot worse.

    Corrupt intervention is far more powerful than ruin on her. You get 2 minutes to get easy sloppy butcher hits at the first 4 gens while another 3 gens are totally secured for the late game.

  • No. She actually needs old ruin for early game prep.

  • @HellDescent said:

    No. She actually needs old ruin for early game prep.

    Her prep is a minute at most. I think the last time I loaded into blood lodge, with literally the best blood lodge RNG I have ever seen by the way, it was still under a minute to completely shut down every single pallet in the middle of the map.

    From there, I got a free hit at a gen with my 16m terror radius because of monitor and abuse, drove them into the center of the map, and got my free down while spamming control.

    From there, it was snowballing off that 1 down denying the unhook.

    Stupidly overpowered character.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976305#Comment_976305

    Nope, impossible. The way it works is, it takes her 0.5 seconds to crouch, 1 second to draw, 0.5 seconds to get up. And the addons only affect the drawing part. So it will never be 1 second to fully set a trap.

    Yes, keep putting traps together and activating 5 at once, certainly wasn't a waste of time to set them up.

    Or the survivor crouches to get to the hook and away from it. Negating all that time invested in setting up.

    Sure mate... I am the rank 20. And hag is so easy and powerful that it's only logical very few people play her on red ranks...right?

    I don't think you see her as much at red ranks because she is most effective when camping hooks, and a lot of good killers don't want to camp.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976235#Comment_976235

    NOED is awful, and only useful when you have already lost. A good hag probably won't be getting to lategame 95% of the time. Something like sloppy butcher will get you a million times more mileage.

    That was a joke because NoeD seems to piss off survivors :)

  • Clown because of his cough/laugh

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Well.. i almost have 9k shards, and i planned to buy hag before they announced the ruin change.

    As for now.. i'm not sure anymore. Should i still buy hag? Or buy the clown or oni? I only have these three left.

    I love playing hag, hate going against her. The jump scares man. She’s fun though, I’d get her.