Devs using new hex to appeal to new players?

I guess it’s logical that the hex is used to appeal to newer players, but I find it dumb. It might make some stay, but overall one will never know if a new player is gonna keep playing and continue to support the game. Older players- the veterans are just gonna quit with this hex and if new players don’t do any good for the devs, dead by daylight might just become dead. They should be working on fixing bugs before anything else, anyway, in my opinion. 🤷‍♀️

Comments

  • It's a short term gain, long term loss. They're looking at keeping new survivors but they're going to drive killers away. Lose 100 killers and 400 survivors will have a longer queue time. Lose 100 survivors and not much happens.

  • @JC316 said:

    It's a short term gain, long term loss. They're looking at keeping new survivors but they're going to drive killers away. Lose 100 killers and 400 survivors will have a longer queue time. Lose 100 survivors and not much happens.

    I agree. Killers already have to wait so long before finally getting in a trial, it’s like the devs are purposely trying to drive them away.

  • I bought all DLC in 2018. Been a day one since. I am strongly considering quitting this game after this.

    These Doc changes are completely not needed and the ruin changes are a joke. WHY are you nerfing weak killers? Why did you just nerf a perk that pretty much proves gen balance is a joke? Oh, because you think people wont stop playing. We will.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    I bought all DLC in 2018. Been a day one since. I am strongly considering quitting this game after this.

    These Doc changes are completely not needed and the ruin changes are a joke. WHY are you nerfing weak killers? Why did you just nerf a perk that pretty much proves gen balance is a joke? Oh, because you think people wont stop playing. We will.

    Dbd is too focused on trying to appeal newer players so they stay and pushing out new cosmetics, killers, and survivors every 3 months. 🤦🏼‍♀️ If they were actually listening to the real supporters, they’d know that bug fixes and avoiding things like this was more valued. They’re busy trying to gain that $ but they’ll see soon how bad they screwed up once the money flow starts to decrease.

  • Short term fix... as mentioned before

    With no plan to stop pushing cosmetics onto the player base

    And no plans to take a chapter or two to fix this beloved/begrudged game of theirs

  • https://youtu.be/tIO1uOgXXSA

    try this game it needs more players on it.

  • @muddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971748#Comment_971748

    I agree. Killers already have to wait so long before finally getting in a trial, it’s like the devs are purposely trying to drive them away.

    I find matches as soon as I press the button on ps4. There's very few killers on their so we can just get in a lobby almost instantly. Longest time I had to wait was twenty seconds. I know. Hard to believe. But I find it horrible

  • My son being brand new and waiting 30 minutes for a killer match at rank 20 proves their concerns about new players having fun are false.

  • @goat10em said:

    My son being brand new and waiting 30 minutes for a killer match at rank 20 proves their concerns about new players having fun are false.

    No matter the rank, unless you’re a survivor (sometimes you have to wait even then), you’ll probably have to wait at least 30 minutes to be called into a trial. 🤷‍♀️ Kind of impossible to get short wait times for killers. As for “concerns,” there never really was any. Devs just want quicker ways to make money. That’s why every 3 months new killers are released.

  • @muddy said:

    I guess it’s logical that the hex is used to appeal to newer players, but I find it dumb. It might make some stay, but overall one will never know if a new player is gonna keep playing and continue to support the game. Older players- the veterans are just gonna quit with this hex and if new players don’t do any good for the devs, dead by daylight might just become dead. They should be working on fixing bugs before anything else, anyway, in my opinion. 🤷‍♀️

    No one will quit. They’ll complain up and down this forum but won’t quit. Dbd is addicting. Watch.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971775#Comment_971775

    I find matches as soon as I press the button on ps4. There's very few killers on their so we can just get in a lobby almost instantly. Longest time I had to wait was twenty seconds. I know. Hard to believe. But I find it horrible

    I call that lucky, lol. I’d play as killer so much more if I didn’t have to wait!

  • @muddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971942#Comment_971942

    No matter the rank, unless you’re a survivor (sometimes you have to wait even then), you’ll probably have to wait at least 30 minutes to be called into a trial. 🤷‍♀️ Kind of impossible to get short wait times for killers. As for “concerns,” there never really was any. Devs just want quicker ways to make money. That’s why every 3 months new killers are released.

    Red rank killer wait times are none. I get killer matches literally instantly. You know why? Survivor is so incredibly easy that the vast majority are in red ranks. Leaving killers in yellow and brown ranks with nobody to go against.

  • Time to milk a new generation of players that are oblivious to the flaws of this game.

  • They're "trying" to appeal to new survivors and new killers.

    • New survivors because they can't handle current ruin at all, making it easy to wreck them as a killer.
    • New killers because they no longer have to pray to RNG gods for Ruin to show up in their blood web just so they can function properly (Seriously, it took me over 100 levels on Ghostface to get Ruin 1). Now that's garbage, no one is going to depend on it.

    But they're failing miserably. These devs clearly missed why Ruin was used 80% of the time and it weren't because of the ######### emblems. I rarely ran it but understood why others would.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117893/devs-using-new-hex-to-appeal-to-new-players

    No one will quit. They’ll complain up and down this forum but won’t quit. Dbd is addicting. Watch.

    I’m sure some wouldn’t quit as you said after investing so much time and money into the game, but if people are really passionate about this hate for the hex, they’d have some sort of strike and stop playing the game at least temporarily.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    They're "trying" to appeal to new survivors and new killers.

    • New survivors because they can't handle current ruin at all, making it easy to wreck them as a killer.
    • New killers because they no longer have to pray to RNG gods for Ruin to show up in their blood web just so they can function properly (Seriously, it took me over 100 levels on Ghostface to get Ruin 1). Now that's garbage, no one is going to depend on it.

    But they're failing miserably. These devs clearly missed why Ruin was used 80% of the time and it weren't because of the ######### emblems. I rarely ran it but understood why others would.

    Casual appeal isn't bad per say however most games have casual and ranked modes. DBD is so dated that I think ranked would be useless. If the game had a skill cap rank would mean something but it doesn't so rank means nothing.

  • @muddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971938#Comment_971938

    I call that lucky, lol. I’d play as killer so much more if I didn’t have to wait!

    I just mean that there isn't a whole lot of killers on the ps4 anymore... it's extremely scary