New map is heavily survivor sided

Imo,the new yamaoka map is really survivor sided. All this grass makes it easier to evade the killer. Balanced landing there is honestly amazing,and there are some pretty good loops for survivors (not infinites tho thank God)

I'm not here to complain,I'm here to just ask why would they make another map which hurts the killer's line of sight,resulting to an easy escape from the survivor, especially if they have iron will. We already have the corn field maps, I don't want to be added another one tbh.

What do you guys think? Let me know down below.

Comments

  • All maps are survivor sided. The whole game is actually.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    All maps are survivor sided. The whole game is actually.

    I disagree. The game is killer sided imo since BL got nerfed. In certain killers,of course.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    All maps are survivor sided. The whole game is actually.

    The whole game is, yes...but we both know all maps aren't survivor sided.

    To illustrate this - here's an actual photo of me getting either Shelter Woods, Hawkins, The Game or Lery's as killer:

    Untitled Image


  • Well the last one (hawkins) was killer side. I dont see why this time Is a problem compared to 3 months ago

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966510#Comment_966510

    The whole game is, yes...but we both know all maps aren't survivor sided.

    To illustrate this - here's an actual photo of me getting either Shelter Woods, Hawkins, The Game or Lery's as killer:

    https://media1.tenor.com/images/be5ec8335d1843d2d34e73bb4a85282c/tenor.gif

    I meant the map the game xd. Dbd is survivor sided

  • It's only survivor sided because Yamoako's contrast is god awful. Claudettes with dark clothing are painful to see, like my eyes are strained just trying to discern where they are when looping. Idk what they did but old Yamoako was definitely made worse when the new one came in.

  • New map is too dark, but it's still not as bad as rotten fields.

  • Games aren't either survivor or killer sided.

    Certain maps are only a problem (Haddonfield and Yamaoka favor survivors, however indoor maps (Lery's, Game, and Hawkins) favor killers). Coldwind and larger maps (Asylum and Ormond) are not much of a problem, since certain killers can be played extremely well there (Billy, Nurse, Huntress, maybe Spirit).

    But if you're talking about "one-sided", killers usually earn way more bloodpoints than survivors...

  • @ppo8820 said:

    All maps are survivor sided. The whole game is actually.

    BS, some map are killer-sided, think about Gideon Meat Plant, Léry's Memorial Institute

    And what about the Underground Complex. The last catastrophic map. I never saw such a killer sided map. Every time I play killer, never, and I say never, a survivor team opened the exit gates.

    That mas is a shame

  • @Colton147 said:

    Games aren't either survivor or killer sided.

    Certain maps are only a problem (Haddonfield and Yamaoka favor survivors, however indoor maps (Lery's, Game, and Hawkins) favor killers). Coldwind and larger maps (Asylum and Ormond) are not much of a problem, since certain killers can be played extremely well there (Billy, Nurse, Huntress, maybe Spirit).

    But if you're talking about "one-sided", killers usually earn way more bloodpoints than survivors...

    If you think Ormond and Asylum aren't an issue then I can't take you seriously.

  • @sk1913 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966510#Comment_966510

    BS, some map are killer-sided, think about Gideon Meat Plant, Léry's Memorial Institute

    And what about the Underground Complex. The last catastrophic map. I never saw such a killer sided map. Every time I play killer, never, and I say never, a survivor team opened the exit gates.

    That mas is a shame

    I actually think The Game is Survivor sided.

    I think Hawkins is pretty balanced. The sheer number of pallets makes up for their unsafeness, imo. I usually escape on that map.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966697#Comment_966697

    If you think Ormond and Asylum aren't an issue then I can't take you seriously.

    Yes and no.


    Certain killers can still be playable (For Ormond: Billy, Trapper if they're good, Spirit; For Asylum: Billy, Nurse, Huntress if they're good).

  • I believe that not all maps are survivor sided, for example:

    • Huntress can utilize her hatchets on outdoor maps
    • Nurse can blink through pretty much anything, nothing much said.
    • Hillbilly can chainsaw his way around outdoor maps because of more awareness.

    It might seem like a minority but it's an example that the game is not ENTIRELY survivor sided, rather survivors are probably focused on more than the killers.

  • @Elena said:

    I believe that not all maps are survivor sided, for example:

    • Huntress can utilize her hatchets on outdoor maps
    • Nurse can blink through pretty much anything, nothing much said.
    • Hillbilly can chainsaw his way around outdoor maps because of more awareness.

    It might seem like a minority but it's an example that the game is not ENTIRELY survivor sided, rather survivors are probably focused on more than the killers.

    I agree. But I think that the Myers map is the most survivor sided map.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966785#Comment_966785

    I agree. But I think that the Myers map is the most survivor sided map.

    Especially if you bring exhaustion perks like BL, Lithe, Sprint Burst etc

  • I think the new map is heavily killer sided because of the tiny map size, massive cluster of nearby generators, centre basement location, and being able to go to the centre of the map to scout. I almost always 4 kill on that map.