How on earth is this fair?

DBD IS BROKEN #1.PNG DBD IS BROKEN #2.PNG

This game is completely broken. So many things were made unbalanced on both the survivor and killer side that they havent fixed. I get into a game, a wraith finds someone. I save them with my flashlight (not being toxic or anything just a general save) and now im getting chased, alls fair atm. I get hooked at 3rd gen and another survivor runs over to me and farms me... this is fine i think, i have DS. Well no, I get moried straight off first hook and dont stand a chance. How on earth is that fair that ive now lost a flashlight and a pip because of things beyond my control. Am i meant to run the killer around for all 5 gens and escape?

Comments

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    I, honestly, don't understand most of the complaints about this game.

    We're upset because we got killed by the Killer? Be a better Survivor. Learn from it.

    Just spend another 4000 Bloodpoints and get yourself another Flashlight.

    It's the principle, the time wasted. I don't see how you don't see the reason for the complaints. The amount of time it takes to queue up for a game, the time taken to rankup and the time wasted in the game is frustrating. How in gods name is this a learning opportunity, it only teaches me that they have a fundamental flaw in the game where you die due to reasons beyond your control. Even the best survivors are going to go down once or twice in a game if they are playing against a killer that isn't rank 20 and to say that I need to 'learn' when I get downed once, farmed off hook and instantly moried is ridiculous as there is nothing you can do in this situation. Tell me honestly, how many times have you had a full non rage quit game where the killer wasn't rank 16-20 and didnt down a single person. Now are you saying all those survivors that got downed once deserved to die?

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963377#Comment_963377

    Your main objective is to survive. The killer's main objective is to kill you. See how those might be opposing objectives? Mori offerings (like keys) facilitate said objective faster. Congratulations! Now you understand the game. You had a bad game. Either ######### off or queue into another one when you're more emotionally stable. Because if losing a yellow flashlight and a damned pip makes you this irritated, maybe PvP games aren't for you. Sometimes you just ######### lose and you have to grow a pair and move on with your life. DBD is no exception, but the community seems to think they should always have a way to "win".

    Yeah you should actually. How can you say there should be a game where there is no way to win? Like honestly what is that argument. In a balanced game you should be able to win if you outmatch your opponent, especially if you outmatch them by a large margin.

    @Blueberry said:

    Regardless of your opinion on mori's, "because of things beyond my control" just isn't accurate at all. You were chased and downed the first time, that was in your control.

    No it really isn't in my control though. Do you expect everyone to chase the killer around for 5 gens and get out the gates Scott free? No, even the best survivors will go down. That was a completely unpreventable action, if people could do that killers would never get kills. It's possible but only if your killer sucks, the way this game is built means your eventually going to go down if chased in the beginning of the game unless your opponent is awful

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963374#Comment_963374

    I find Mori's to be distasteful and only run them if I have a daily, then I only kill one person. I've faced the wall before, where I can only see wall and my weapon, still got blinded by those ridiculous 90* flashlights. Plus you can't do anything if there is no wall to face.

    I really don't care that much about t-bagging or even abusing the god loop, but flashlight plays are guaranteed to make me as toxic as utterly possible.

    He was on narrow corridors on the game. It would've been extremely easy to prevent it, he had even seen my flashlight but he basically looked straight at me

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963374#Comment_963374

    I find Mori's to be distasteful and only run them if I have a daily, then I only kill one person. I've faced the wall before, where I can only see wall and my weapon, still got blinded by those ridiculous 90* flashlights. Plus you can't do anything if there is no wall to face.

    I really don't care that much about t-bagging or even abusing the god loop, but flashlight plays are guaranteed to make me as toxic as utterly possible.

    Yet easily preventable, unlike moris

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963915#Comment_963915

    He's making the dumbest arguments and basically arguing against any change disagreeing with me without saying they aren't broken but just essentially saying oh well deal with it. I'm not saying a stupid argument, I'm making a point and he's arguing against any criticism with the game just because it's there so you should deal with it and not strive for change. I'm not interested in some nonsensical argument saying I just need to move on from some random person when I point out a criticism with the game. A Mori ruins the game for everyone except the killer, I don't know a single survivor that likes playing against a Mori and tbh I don't even think most killers enjoy playing them.

    Who is?

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    I, honestly, don't understand most of the complaints about this game.

    We're upset because we got killed by the Killer? Be a better Survivor. Learn from it.

    Just spend another 4000 Bloodpoints and get yourself another Flashlight.

    Lol ya this guy gets it. It's a game. If you aren't having fun, just turn it off.

    Op keeps talking about dying do to things out of his control, but a survivor literally can't die of their own volition. No matter how you slice it, a survivor can never cause their own death.

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963080#Comment_963080

    Thats a really dumb way of looking at things. If the developers have put something in the game that ruins it for all but 1 person then you cant say oh it was just one game. No it happens way to consistently to just move on. I dont have a massive amount of time and i like using my small amounts of time to play dead by daylight every now and then so having a match waste an item and time just to be boring sucks. You play a game to have fun...

    Its been an issue for so long and whilst im not a developer yet i dont think it takes a massive amount of time to change some values but instead they proritise useless changes like balanced landing nerfs ruining it and making it the worst exhaustion perk. It was only broken on poorly designed maps with infinites so what do they do? They take the easy approach. Why they havent got on top of keys and moris is beyond me.

    People make to big of a deal out of getting morried. Ok the killer morried you. You did get downed. And you might say oh my tm8 farmed me off hook. Well you got hooked in the first place. If you have a game with a Mori who cares

  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    Rip, you got out-gamered.

    But in all seriousness, moris and keys are pretty stupid, I refuse to use them unless I have to, and even than i try to be respectful.

    I like the animations, I think you should always be allowed to mori the last person alive tbh. Beyond that yeah, remove them.

    BHVR sees you getting mori'd and losing awfully, and then survivors using a key next match and 3 of them getting out early as fair, rather than looking at both matches individually and going "Yeah this is kinda unfair huh?" they see one side not having a chance one game, and the other side not having a chance the next game as a totally balanced game.

    They don't want people to have fun and engaging matches that feel fair, that would require changing fundamental things with the game.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963181#Comment_963181

    He had a flashlight save on The Game. The killer could have slugged, been close enough to a wall or could just bait the survivor out... or simply looked the other direction.

    It's the killers fault, flashes are easily avoidable now especially if the survivors doesn't have SB.

    Uh huh, and the OP didn't have to reveal his location to the killer. He could have hidden and escaped, or at least pipped, but he chose to take the more aggressive approach and it bit him.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I only use Moris for challenges and in case I need to eliminate a cocky nitwit who is exploiting the game mechanics by doing gens and being useful to the survivor team.

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/008/SR5HNP13VEIX.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/662/HYHCYDGPONYH.png

    This game is completely broken. So many things were made unbalanced on both the survivor and killer side that they havent fixed. I get into a game, a wraith finds someone. I save them with my flashlight (not being toxic or anything just a general save) and now im getting chased, alls fair atm. I get hooked at 3rd gen and another survivor runs over to me and farms me... this is fine i think, i have DS. Well no, I get moried straight off first hook and dont stand a chance. How on earth is that fair that ive now lost a flashlight and a pip because of things beyond my control. Am i meant to run the killer around for all 5 gens and escape?

    You have D strike noone cares Hooks Close D strikes are Far and Karma is Here

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963933#Comment_963933

    Uh huh, and the OP didn't have to reveal his location to the killer. He could have hidden and escaped, or at least pipped, but he chose to take the more aggressive approach and it bit him.

    Boi, I chose to save a teammate, not be aggressive. If I let my teammate die it would've been over for the team and this is a team based game...

  • @RandomHyperBeast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963107#Comment_963107

    People make to big of a deal out of getting morried. Ok the killer morried you. You did get downed. And you might say oh my tm8 farmed me off hook. Well you got hooked in the first place. If you have a game with a Mori who cares

    If I queue up 10+m for a game. Get moried wasting my item and time and it's not just a one off occurrence I think I have a right to be annoyed. It's not like I could've avoided the hook the whole game unless the killer was trash or I was a pussy and crippled my team by slinking around and hiding till hatch

  • @CrispyChestnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963923#Comment_963923

    Lol ya this guy gets it. It's a game. If you aren't having fun, just turn it off.

    Op keeps talking about dying do to things out of his control, but a survivor literally can't die of their own volition. No matter how you slice it, a survivor can never cause their own death.

    He really doesn't though. It's a game, that I paid for... I'm not just going to turn it off. Instead im going to give constructive criticism but loads of you fanboys kneel for behaviour interactive and act like because it's a game they like there is no problem with it at all. If no one complained about old mettle of man, old vacuum pallets and other features this game would be a complete shitshow. Some people don't understand that criticism is needed in a game. And yeah, if you expect me to be literally god tiered and loop the killer who wasn't absolutely awful or rank 20 making it a challenge for the whole game then yeah it's in my control but a survivor v killer game should be given to whoever does the best/who is the better player. Ofc there will be minor exceptions but there shouldn't be a point where even amazing survivors come up against moderate killers, go down once and die (not saying I'm amazing but I'm saying pretty much everyone else in that situation would've eventually died, even most pros because you can't be expected to NEVER go down in a game, it normally gives you 3 chances for a reason...)

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964102#Comment_964102

    He really doesn't though. It's a game, that I paid for... I'm not just going to turn it off. Instead im going to give constructive criticism but loads of you fanboys kneel for behaviour interactive and act like because it's a game they like there is no problem with it at all. If no one complained about old mettle of man, old vacuum pallets and other features this game would be a complete shitshow. Some people don't understand that criticism is needed in a game. And yeah, if you expect me to be literally god tiered and loop the killer who wasn't absolutely awful or rank 20 making it a challenge for the whole game then yeah it's in my control but a survivor v killer game should be given to whoever does the best/who is the better player. Ofc there will be minor exceptions but there shouldn't be a point where even amazing survivors come up against moderate killers, go down once and die (not saying I'm amazing but I'm saying pretty much everyone else in that situation would've eventually died, even most pros because you can't be expected to NEVER go down in a game, it normally gives you 3 chances for a reason...)

    Saying the thing you don't like should be removed is a far cry from constructive. This game is built from the ground up to leave your fate in other people's hands.

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/116981/how-on-earth-is-this-fair

    Mess with the bull, you get the horns. Flashlight saves are EXTREMELY annoying and I have absolutely no mercy when someone does it.

    It's a ######### game mechanic. If you don't like flashlight run Franklin's or bait it out. Jesus.

  • Just one hook yourself if you get a mori. You can't get punished because you didn't DC, the killer doesn't get 2 hook points, meaning they're gonna suffer emblems and lose out on 1k BP. Any time I see a secret offering by the killer, I automatically assume it's an ebony mori, because it usually is. One hook yourself and get it over with, in addition you get to piss the killer off more than they got to piss you off. They'll tunnel you off the hook anyways, and it saves you time.

1 2 ›