Generator Times are bad still

Listen, I get it. You think solos would be crushed. But let's think for a moment.

Solos, for the most part, seemingly already do while SWF who's sweating is way too powerful. Maps are bad, but so is general gen time. Even if all Chase's were 15 seconds the killer must

-hook 3 times

-carry the survivor

-hook them

-find survivors.

(Perks can drastically help.)

Gen slow perks are awful, like Ruin. It's really bad, high risk low reward perk. You don't want that and it only stomps bad survivors. Pop is the only consistently good gen slow perk, and corrupt perhaps.

Something needs to be done about gen times, vs swf specifically really. Just something that evens the tides.

Comments

  • What's your point?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    What's your point?

    That gen times are terrible and something must be done.

  • @FreshPrince said:

    This horse has been beaten to death, I agree with you but the survivors aren't having it, the devs aren't having it and so it's kind of a moot point.

    There is some merit to be had in the fact that map size and design is causing A LOT of the problems with gen rush. God loops (with guaranteed or near guaranteed gens ) basically meaning you have surrender a generator or waste an obscene amount of time in chase.

    Maps so large that survivors can LITERALLY complete a gen even if you b-line to the exact gen they are working on at the start of the match if it's alll the way on the opposite side.

    I'd like to see these map reworks come out faster to see if it really is just the map design the more I think about it as a killer the more I suspect that IS the reason for the gen pain. But can't know for sure until those changes are made and I wouldn't want any direct gen changes made until after the map changes because you could compound it so much that survivors have little to no chance of completing gens and don't want that either.

    Well, survivors won't have it cuz they don't care about killers.

    But killers don't care about survivors either so nothing ever works out.

    This is obviously not speaking about everyone but a toxic majority in my games "gg ez" and stuff.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/960617#Comment_960617

    That gen times are terrible and something must be done.

    That's an argument, not an actual point. I agree that maps are the big issue, but I disagree about gen times. If you make them longer, you drive away survivors, because holding m1 on gens is boring enough as is.

    Gens are done too quickly because the majority of maps are too large and safe to down good survivors effectively. Rarely will you down survivors in 15 seconds unless they're potatoes, or you've got spirit fury and enduring ready to go or max stacks on save the best for last. Sadly map issues have been around for years, and at the rate the devs are going, will remain for several more.

    A good middle ground would be to increase the total generators required to finish, while decreasing the time it takes to complete one. This way chases can be long (which is the fun part of being a survivor), while killers can chase and have fun without being on a constant time crunch. Camping would likely need to be majorly nerfed, though. Current gen speeds were balanced with camping in mind, so that way a killer can't facecamp the first survivor and compeltely win the game due to gen speeds being too slow.

  • The main issue is map design, not gen speed. However, I do still think gens speeds are too fast. I'm basing this on how their map reworks have been so far, and they haven't been good enough to slow down gens as much as they needed to.

    Also, as you already pointed out, almost all the killer "slow down" perks are just really terrible and don't accomplish their intended effect very well.

  • @FreshPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/960640#Comment_960640

    To be honest I primarily see toxic survivors more than I see toxic killers of course there's always going to be some but for me the vast majority of the toxicity I see is on the survivor side. Killers (for me at least) have been much more good spirited about the game .

    Believe me, the only reason why survivors seem more toxic is because there are naturally more survivors in the game since it's a 4v1. I just had someone tunnel me the entire the game and then disconnect when the other 3 were about to escape (and there were 3 bloody party streamers in the match). Killers can be just as toxic as survivor.

    Back to the topic: I think making the maps smaller and reducing the amount of safe pallets along with removing the god loops will help a lot with the gen times.

  • Such a great example of reality being a meme here

    Devs: "4 man swf has about a 48% escape rate"

    Killer mains: "SWF IS OP PLS NERF!"

  • Gen times are fine #1.000.000

  • I think ruin needs a rework. Make it so the totem doesn’t glow or at the very least doesn’t spawn on the survivors forehead each time. That way you’d never know if you were cleansing the right totem abd would be a good chance for killers to mind game.

  • The only problem is solo survivors are really, really bad. Especially on console. Every time I play a solo game (red ranks) my teammates go down almost instantly and barely do generators (they are very immersed) the only time the team has a chance is when I am the only solo with a 3 man swf.

  • Increasing generator times will also need to have slow down perks to be looked at.


    Repairing a single generator should not take a couple centuries.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The main issue is map design, not gen speed. However, I do still think gens speeds are too fast. I'm basing this on how their map reworks have been so far, and they haven't been good enough to slow down gens as much as they needed to.

    Also, as you already pointed out, almost all the killer "slow down" perks are just really terrible and don't accomplish their intended effect very well.

    Badham is great for me as killer...GF main...

  • I think that we should take a good look at map design first. Some of the maps are horribly designed. There's either too many strong loops or the map is too big. You could be down a gen very early just because you were busy checking the others.

  • I'm speaking for most killers in general not specific ones.

  • This is why mobility killers and killers with good one shot potentials are some of the best ones out there.

    If I were to go to mount ormond resort as Plague, I'm most likely going to lose. If I'm playing a killer along the lines of Freddy or perhaps Spirit, then my chances of winning is higher. Unfortunately, the problem will probably never be addressed.

  • Gen times are fine but maps are too big to defend gens.

    I use discordance on some killers and by the time i get to them it's almost done. That's shows how far gens are.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Honestly I believe the game needs alot of work still but I agree with the underlining issues of gens and the maps.It would be amazing if the game was more balanced out on both sides. I run survivors most of the time and agree there are toxic people on both side. I just feel like if the killer sees me I'm going straight to a hook cause thier so close together plus killers can get more on the map plus iron grasp. All together this game has been a blast with my mates.

    8/10

    Here are my issues

    1:Face camping,body blocking

    2:gens

    3:toxic behaviors from teammates/Killers

    4 Map issues

    5:Balancing issues

  • Just apply more pressure 4head