The Oni How it should be (by my opinion)
Here I will post the changes I would do to the Oni to be a proper killer.
1-While on Blood fury action speed increased same as Michael myers and pallet destruction 1 sec
2- While on blood fury your movement speed increase 120% and you can M1 to insta down but your lunge will last 2 secs to be released.
3-While on demon dash you can only hit forwards (So survivors can evade it)
4- Hit a survivor and downing it greatly reduce your meter. You can cancel your power but it recover lowly and you need blood orbs to fill it faster.
Basically would be like a Michael Myers with Hillbilly chainsaw for movement
Comments
You want to gut his demon dash even more? No. Just no. He's in a bad enough state right now, he doesn't need any more nerfs. It's already too easy for survivors to dodge his M2.
Oni doesn't need changes unless they were to give him back a bit of the flick..
Thats why I said to increase base movement speed, become M1 insta down like Michael Myers and action speed up. Demon dash is for disrupt repairing not really hitting. Btw I would appreciate your ideas instead of saying just No way!
It actually doesnt sound so bad. The idea shifts abit of power away from the dash and into normal movement while in fury mode.An extra 5% movement speed isnt anything to laugh at when it comes to looping. As a whole, this idea sounds abit like a sidegrade.
I do think is an upgrade indeed maybe need modifications but the action and movement speed +5% while on blood fury it's logic you are angry so you do things faster and focus one thing - - ->The first survivor you find. While dash are just for move fast while losing control, like when u are bloody angry
I get what your saying and I'm not bashing it. The fact that your removing power from one aspect of the Oni while giving more power to another aspect is what defines a side grade. With Oni's dash having been hit pretty hard with the nerf bat recently, which was his defining feature... Giving him something else to be focused towards instead doesnt sound like a bad idea. Thats what your offering here, something else to focus his power into instead BESIDES the dash.
They could buff both "modes" dashing and pursuing but we know that survivors will ask for nerf hammer and we are 1 killer vs 4 survivors definetely they gonna nerf it again.
I think the changes you suggested are pretty balanced, but I personally dislike them. He would be a lot stronger when chasing survivors "normally", but much weaker if you're trying to down people with demon dash. For me that would take away the uniqueness of the killer and it would just feel like playing myers who can go into EW3 an infinite amount of times and can travel the map faster. I think your ideas would serve better as a buff to myers and not a change to the oni.
Also, the charge time for the lunge in 2. would be a big disadvantage to console players, as due to the slower turn speed/sensitivity survivors will have quite a lot of time to dodge/360 your swing. Not really a problem on PC, but a pretty big deal over on console.
Thanks for your opinion but it would be more productive for everyone if you give ur ideas and tell which thing would you improve or modify. Maybe devs will try a PTB if we get agree.
Well, I don't necessarily have any good ideas on how to buff the oni and even if I did, I could only speak for console, because he feels quite different to PC and console players currently.
I generally think that providing an opposing opinion is still productive, even if it's not accompanied with ideas of my own. It's meant to offer a different point of view and help facilitate a debate where the more creative people can come up with new interesting ideas.I didn't mean to bash your idea just for the sake of it, which I feel is what you thought.
I will try to offer some ideas, if that's what you really want from people:
Hope you find this more useful.
Thats more useful ๐
Honestly, I see no reason to use oni over hillbilly
They just need to increase his turning radius while running and I think he'd be fine. It's a joke trying to hit someone with demon fury. It takes pretty much zero skill to counter it.