Played like 10 games of Legion
I don't see what the fuss is all about. Legion is a lot of fun and can actually be very effective at slowing the game. I just think people are uh... playing him wrong.
Had a Legion daily, kill 1 by your hand. I put on BBQ, Shadowborn, M&A, and Rancor with duration and KI range add-ons. My entire goal was just to get 4 stacks of BBQ and my daily, getting as much BP in the process. Rank 1 BTW.
First game granted I don't get the best survivors. All I did was hit one with Frenzy and run off for the next. Between the duration and KI range (plus M&A) I was able to chain like 5-6 Frenzy hits pretty consistently (the first would usually finish mending by the time I got all 4). If I ran up on someone and lost my power I just chase them regularly. If I caught them before my power came back I took a hook. If not I'd try a little bit more for the down but eventually just Frenzy hit them and find someone else. I kept these guys mending for like 10 minutes at 3/4 gens. Got a 3k, one guy DC'd before his deathhook, Rancor the obsession and hooked another guy I downed with him right after. Last guy gets out the gate on death hook. Game was like almost 15 minutes, I walk out with a pip and raw 30k BP.
That was fun. Decide to play some more. Take off Rancor put on Agi for challenge. Took about 4 games to get 5 hooks in basement but I still 3k/4k those games with between raw 25k and 32k each time. Pips and double pips. One was a safety pip that was a 3e but these guys were actually really good, though I kept heavy pressure on them the entire game. They definitely had to work for it.
Swap Agi to Thana just to get some extra pressure (I wanted to try Stridor but don't have it on Legion). Played about 5 more games. All were raw +30k, had 2 double pips and 2 perfect games (32k). Mostly 4k a few 3k. One 2k.
So explain why Legion sucks so much when they are by far the EASIEST killer to get both BP and pips. Like just going around in Frenzy and hitting as many as I could each time guaranteed me iri Malicious and Chaser every game. I felt like a bot at some points, and one game on Lery's I literally chained like 20 hits in a single Frenzy (did not record it because I was full bot mode and forgot LOL).
Yea sure it's tough to 4k against the good survivors but I still walked out of that safety pip game with 4 stacks of BBQ and 28k.
Sorry I just don't get the fuss. Legion isn't bad if you just focus on spreading the damage. Best killer to farm with IMO because of how easy it is to get BP. Almost impossible to depip unless you chase one survivor all game.
Comments
Legion isn't that bad at all indeed
The thing is that most people see viable as being able to 4k even the best survivors
While that's not needed to pip
In all honesty, the only reason I play Legion is because of Julie.
But yeah, Legion isn't as bad as some people say.
Yea but like... honestly not even Spirit can 4k against the best survivors. When you get a 4 man SWF with good survivors literally no killer can go against that unless they have an Ebony IMO. So why is that the bar that must be met? Is it really a big deal you didn't kill everyone?
If I play Legion like it's a 1v4 and just spread the damage THAT MUCH I pretty much secure a safety pip every time at least. Even if I don't get a kill. Plus I'm getting AT LEAST 25k BP assuming I got a few hooks and broke a few pallets at least.
It just seems really unrealistic and illogical to make that the point of viability when I can go full bot mode with this killer and basically never derank.
They're not that bad. There are definitely worse killers on the roster. You essentially get the same level of tracking as you get with Doctor plus a free first hit in chases. People really sleep on the tracking aspect of Feral Frenzy. I rarely have games where I 2 hook everyone for no reason because I don't have an issue finding optimal targets with Legion.
Yes I am a Julie player too. I just got the DoD skin and wanted to flex LOL
Yea this why I was using KI range add-ons, for better tracking. It basically replaces the need for tracking perks. BBQ was more for the BP boost than for tracking. I had M&A so that I could sneak up on them during Frenzy and get the hit to move on to the next. Shadowborn I just kinda like and I was using it to stop the FOV shift of M&A. Once I get Stridor I feel my build will be complete because then I could track by sound whoring too.
Legion is one of the best mobility Killers in the game couple that with Fuming Mixtape and you can always find survivors to hit.
The 4 second long fatigue kills it tbh.
You're telling people with over 1000 hours on legion they're doing it wrong
Okay dudeeeeeeeee
Well then what's your problem? If you're doing it the way I'm doing it this is like easy mode, sorry to say. If you are complaining about it you have to be doing something wrong.
Like it just doesn't make sense.
He's fun
He can work
But if a surv gets you in a good loop and is injured, you can't do anything but try to out mind game them. You gotta hope they make a mistake. You cant use your power for downs and the stun at the end of frenzy is nutty. You're like dsing yourself everytime lol
They need to make deep wounds actually something to worry about. Know what good survs do the second you get them in frenzy? Mend. Right there. Not a whole lot of slowdown.
Reduce the CD for coming out if frenzy and he will be almost perfect.
Maybe make his frenzy hits go back to being basic attacks to stbfl and sloppy will apply again, but yeah
Omegalul
Oh god....
If you complain about this weak and flawed character being weak and flawed compared to the better killers, you're bad and doing it wrong
Sure, chief.
I can 4k at rank 1 as clown. Is he god tier just cause I can do that? Naw.
You played 10 games. Other people have play a LOT more. More data means more information on how the killer feels against actual good players.
I could play 10 games as bubba, have a good day, and think bubba must be s tier! Doesn't mean he is.
But just play him right 4head
So he has to deal with safe loops the hard way like LITERALLY OVER HALF THE KILLER ROSTER ok dead killer move on
No killer in this game is as bad as people make them out to be, but Legion is definitely on the weaker side.
I do think the only way to fix them is a full rework. Otherwise their kit is either weak or unhealthy.
Dude just hit them with Frenzy and go find someone else you can catch. That's all I did if someone tried to do this to me and it works.
He just tryd to say, that you will sooner or later find the borders of the Legion. Trust me, you will.
Still, why is everyone looking so much on the bps?
If you like the game, they coming from alone (almost). Imo, its not good to see dbd as work, while racing trough the matches just for bps.
Would y’all care to explain why you dislike his comment?
Sure, not bad for 10 games.
We all uprank eventually, if we play long enough, so ranks are not worth a discussion.
The fact is that the Legions power is not lethal. It can help to get the 1st hit, but after that the Legion is nothing but m1 killer. M1 killers get 4k, sure, but are they powerful? Can they scare experienced survivors? The Legion have no tools to help them end chases quick. FF stun take 4s. Breaking a pallet take 2,6s. And on top of all FF take 20s to recharge. FF can be on cooldown when its needed.
Not bad m1 skin.
Thanks !! Legion is very fun now, the last changes they got made them so much fun to play !
Sure, they're not a top tier killer, but even if they are bottom-tier, they are fun to play ! To me it's the most important thing about killers, "are they fun to play". Even if some are funnier to play than the others, or sometimes, well, too bad to be fun to play because you have to be sweaty 90% of the time to get kills (coughs in Clown and Doctor), but Legion feels perfectly fine right now.
Its narrow minded
It's one of those "I did it a few times, so just do it everytime " kinda things
Like just play like me 4head
His comment perfectly illustrates the problem with the post. "Just do the thing" doesn't work everytime.
As I said, I have roughly 1k hours on legion alone, so I KNOW that he isn't super good. It's how he feels and how he stand up to other killers. Spirit, nurse, billy, ghost... they can dismantle a good team. Legion? Not so much. At least not by design.
Idk, someone else could probably word it better.
The reason why Legion is considered the worst killer in the game is because their power is a really bad fit for the game. The power itself tends to be more prone to breaking and is incredibly difficult to balance against the rest of the game. Killer Instinct and Deep Wounds being non unique to Legion means that changes to them due to issues cause by Ghostface, Borrowed Time, any future thing that relies on either effect also impacts Legion by default.
Until Oni released Legion had been suffering severe due to having their vaulting and frenzy speed significantly reduced. In a very general sense the Legion would fair better with a more comprehensive rework of their power. You also have to take into account that Legion's power doesn't have true kill potential as it can't down survivors in normal circumstances. Legion also as of Oni update actually lost a fair amount of perk synergy due to the reclassification of their Frenzy stabs as pure power usage rather than a basic attack that applied the Deep Wound status effect.
It's important to note that Legion was never a "strong" or "viable" killer. Early Legion was plagued with bugs and exploitable design oversights that produced a high amount of player aggravation. A reckless pocket of Legion players went to town exploiting any bug that appeared till there was a pretty negative opinion of the killer. Legion played properly without using exploitable behaviors or bugs wasn't that great of a threat. You'd get high scoring games, but not necessarily get many kills if you were against a half way decent team. For the most part that hasn't changed a great deal. People know how to play Legion more consistently and Legion got fixed then gutted then sort of back to where they started minus the bugs. So they are OK, but they are the least OK killer in the game.
That definitely gets your point across better though
And that is why we use Cold Dirt.
Because.... Legion is not really okay right now. Still they needs a buffs. Are they more fun to play as? Yeah, a lil bit. But they're power are not a threat though.
Guys I've been playing rank 1 killer for over a year now. I know the difference between good survivors and bad survivors. I even acknowledge I had a 3e against good survivors. I could have have a 3k but I messed up at one point and got greedy for the Agi achievement and it cost me.
Like I know how to play killer and I find Legion incredibly easy to pip, earn BP, and kill compared to other killers.
Cold Dirt sucks, 0.6 seconds? You're joking... I hope they will just reduce the fatigue to 3 seconds already...
To be fair, I think we play against the same Survivors, I doubt I would be able to do anything with Legion against that one team you were matched with when I played you last.
Nah, we can just reduce it to 3 sec and change the addons to be more useful
I’d like legion buffed as well.
Ooooh 😘🥰🥰🥰🥰❤❤❤
I agree
Also, vaulting over a pallet take 0,9s. Thats 4,9s or 4,3s vs breaking pallet in 2,6s.
Usually, those 2,6s are enough for survivor to get to another pallet. So Cold Dirt reducing the stun to 3,4s doesnt help.
BTW, Brutal Strength speed up breaking pallets to 2,17s, but does it help? Anyone use it? No.
Legion is similar to Plague in power rating. He's power isn't exactly useless as it CAN give you free injury on survivors which then become reluctant to heal.
You may also get a chance to find survivors or catch up to them somehow but you cannot you his power to down people so once they are at the loop you are m1 killer with no power. Plague has the upside of actually keeping survivors in the forever injured state while nullifying the Iron will.
These people with thousands of hours are not playing him wrong necessarily but they rate him low based on his power usefullness in downing survivors. Every killer with a oneshot, nurse and spirit will do better then him which makes him low/medium tier killer. He doesn't have map pressure as applying a status effect that can be removed by holding a button for 10 seconds or ignored by running.
He's still better then doc and probably similar in tier to clown in good hands.
<3
Kills no. BP and pips, yes definitely. But against teams like this the only chance most killers stand is with Ebony mori. Like even good Spirits don't kill all of us, usually at most 2.
He's very underrated, but definetively weak if you don't know when to use your power
Pips are super easy to get with Legion. He is really hard to de-pip with.