Is the Doctor rework going to put him in A tier?

I'm a doctor main and I'm really excited about his rework. The add of reversed skillchecks add-ons are going to make survivors a little bit more annoyed and the new ability they add to him is really good. But the question remains; is Doc going to be an A tier at least with the new rework? What do you guys think?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Well the Freddy and Hag reworks show the devs do have the ability to buff killers so we will see.

  • No.

    Looks more fun to play though, looking forward to it a lot.

  • I dont think he will be A-Tier, but he will be better. No switch between Treatment and Punishment Mode during Chase is a really good thing, this (combined with the reduced Speed in Treatment Mode) was the most annoying thing.

    Have to see how he plays with the changes, but I would not say that his Rework can be compared to Freddy, who was buffed from Trash to really solid. But I guess Doctor will be better after the Changes.

  • They will find a way to make his power controlled by survivors because of "counter play" i can already see his shock having a map wide sound that it is charging, and give enough time for survivors to find a locker and negate it.

  • Probably will be mid tier at the very least. They're buffing his base shock range too which has been requested for ages.

  • Pretty early to say.

    If those 2 changes are literally all the changes, then probably not.

  • From what i have read no. Removing the need to switch modes will definitely help a lot (hopefully he sticks at 115%) The thing that will make him A tier or not is what types of basekit debuffs his madness will give.

    Reverse skill checks are a neat idea but after a week i doubt they will pose a challenge to anyone that has some experience, which is ironic since this rework is supposed to help tone down how annoying Doc is to newbies, but reverse skill checks will only be useful on newbies.

  • He’s still gonna lack pressure so I don’t think so.

  • He needs map mobility. They should give him an ability to transform into an electric ball to travel rapidly but make it so he can't see survivors or scratch marks in that form and give it like a 4.5 sec time to transform back into the Doctor so it can't be effectively used in a chase. Then maybe he would be competitive.

  • I think it's too early to say right now.

  • Too early still as others have said...and I don't know who's included in A tier right now so I can't comment on that.

    All I can say is he will be better than before to me as I didn't run the T3=exhaustion addon.

  • Too early to tell. I would imagine most anti-loop potential is going to be engineered out of the shock with a nasty speed curve, but we'll see.

  • No. He will be more consistent in chases at best, but still a M1 killer.

    Unless there are some massive changes we are not aware of, Madness will still be a weaksauce annoyance to good survivors that does not compare to having mobility or some form of reliable insta-down.

  • that ends up to the players' experience

  • Couldn't possibly say. All we have so far is a few teasers, we don't even have the full details of his new power and add-ons yet (although we will in a couple of weeks). Even then, it will be difficult to rank him definitively before we've actually had a chance to play him.