Am I the only one that liked this Q&A session?
Only issue I had is WGLF farming issue, I'd rather they change it to just protection points and not from unhooking to get stacks. Reworked kindred on hooked survivors yas, dead hard having a latency fix yas, ds nerf yas, pallet frame responsiveness yas, invincibility frame on the second you get dehooked yas.
Comments
There's already only two reliable ways to get WGLF stacks: Unhooks, and hits taken while the killer is carrying someone. Distraction can't even reliably be done, even if you run in to take a hit for someone at the last second. That perk is so finicky because the game almost never wants to award Protection tokens where it should.
Even then... it doesn't promote good gameplay, it promotes people taking unnecessary hits. Not exactly conducive to survival.
No, you're not the only one that liked the Q&A. But whiners are always more vocal and visible on the internet.
well it makes sense to help a survivor escape from being grabbed, I just don't like being farmed and I think it promotes this insta altruistic gameplay that I've been seeing a lot.
All seemed like good stuff to me.
It was a disaster. Good luck ever catching anyone that gets their hands on a double window structure like the barn without the current Bloodlust 2/3.
changes to maps and keys for survivors, adding an invicibility frame for survivors that are being unhooked and haven't touched the ground, unhooking animations clarity, reversing pallet swings so it doesn't have that swing lag that was added last patch, giving dead hard a .25 second latency compensation so the perk will activate before the killers hit detection, trapper buffering, nerfing tier 2/3 bloodlust speed.
the kindred change is stupid, everything else was alrightl. the bloodlust we'll have to see ingame.
I predict a rise of videos where the killer gets looped for 5 gens.
Oh and a lot of "nerf nurse" and "survivor lobby bugged" threads.
No , you are not the only one, EVERY survivor main will like all the extra candy they get … (again)
I think it might be a tad overboard, I just want my allies to see if the killer is just hook camping. It would help for seeing what survivors are doing and they might run to a gen instead of insta-hooking.
it's about what I expected.
This whole "trying to bring solo survivors up to SWF" thing has been going on for months, and it's par for the course.
I support it because it will give them more room to buff the killers further.
Right now, the game is in a wierd spot where organized teams destroy killers but it's decently close to balanced when everybody is solo and not communicating. They really don't have room to buff the killers more until they even out the two sides further.
This has been going on since the Wraith was thrown a bone last year.
But the reality is: They do NOT buff killer.
They bring solo survivor closer to SWF and still NERF killer.
Yep, buffing SWF with aura reading sounds like a great idea to me.
No need to fix looping or gen rushing yet, am I right?
The kindred idea is really great and I think it should have been in the game sooner. It should also lower camping because killers will be exposed every time now and survivors can just do the gens while the killer wastes time camping.
I think they'll maybe have to reduce time to reach bloodlust tiers by 2-3 seconds. But I hear a lot of contradicting complaints. I see killers saying they literally never reach bloodlust 3 and at the same time others saying they'll never be able to catch a survivor in certain situations. So I think the complaints about this are really just from inefficient killers. Nobody seems to want to admit they're not a very good killer. Like, who cares? It's a game. Even if you were the #1 best killer in the game it would say literally nothing about you other than you play the game a lot.
I think the faster unhook cancelling and inability to hit survivors until they can move are GREAT and necessary changes and any complaints about those are simply whining to whine.
The pallet change is great.
Changes to keys and maps are much needed and I'm looking forward to those most of all.
If the new kindred buff applies then surely that makes insidious redundant? I know camping is a frowned upon play style, and i don't personally like it. But its still cancelling out the majority of use for the insidious perk. If this thing for kindred goes through then i think if the killer has insidious they shouldn't be seen via the aura at least, so the perk has some significance.
The devs gave in and started pulling damage control after all survivors went mad and started review bombing. It's an undying classic that still works, even when the devs themselves said that they'd not fall for it again.