Camping and tunneling
Is it still considered "camping and tunneling" when all gens are done and gates are 99%?
Imho I dont think it is and I dont understand why survivors complain - what else am I supposed to do? Dont get me wrong I will still also go after the unhooker but I'm not ignoring someone when at this point in the game my only objective is to now hook and kill as many as possible.
If you tunnel and camp from the start of the game I know it sucks - it robs players of participating. But how can it still be considered tunneling and camping when there are no other gens left and gates are 99%?
Comments
I mean, yeah. I don't know why it matters though. They are legitimate play styles. Whether the gens/gates are done or not.
Securing a kill at the endgame is fair play imo. People will trash you for it, but the game's already over. No sense in giving up points just so they can get free saves.
Exactly! If theres something else I'm supposed to be doing - or even possibly could do - I would understand! Other than deliberately throwing the game I dont understand whats expected! I even left hooks when I had 2 people hooked beside eachother and saw a third urbaning in so I wouldnt be accused of camping.
When I play survivor and gates are open I fully expect the killer to take advantage of a hook if they have it! Especially when the gates are 99%! I always give a gg to a killer if the dont camp/tunnel while gens are left.
It's still camping, but it's a legit strategy; there's no other place for you to go to, you are not stupid, but some survivors for some reason expect the killer to play like an idiot.
Strictly speaking, camping is always a legit strategy. It doesn't always work, but the fact that it does at times makes it every bit as legit as anything.
Of course.
For example the other day I hooked Yui in the shack and Nea was working on a gen right next to it and ran away with Sprint Burst. She didn't give me a free hit or a pallet drop so I just returned to the gen to kick it.
Then I thought; maybe she is going for the save? Guess what, I made the correct read, I found Nea inside the shack so I started chasing her and she thought it was a good idea to loop me around a Jungle Gym that is right next to the shack (not very smart and nowhere else for me to go; I already got two people not working on gens).
While I'm trying to get a hit or at least a pallet drop Meg cleanses my totem, which was also right next to the shack, so I dropped the chase and went after Meg to get a free hit. Now I know there are two survivors around Yui so I thought, maybe Nea is trying to go for the save now? Yeah, I made the correct read again. She unhooked Yui after I hit Meg, so I slugged Yui (she rage quits) and then I start a chase with Nea.
I can't help it, but predicting what survivors will do next is simply something that comes to my mind naturally. Someone on yt accused me of camping, but whatever. I don't think some people realize playing killer doesn't have to be just about chasing survivors around pallets and structures, you can also predict their movement and act accordinly.
Here's the video in case you wanna see for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlvme8IuHwwIf I've got you on the hook at EGC or with the gates 99%, you better hope someone is willing to take your place, or has borrowed time, because I'm not leaving. Survivors have this entitled attitude that you're supposed to leave the area right after a hook, regardless of circumstances.
If I know someone is in the area, or there are gens/pallets, of course I'm going to hang out.
Try to play and have fun but the killers are so cheap and don't even try to play the game. They got no skill at all , hook 1 person and just sit there . You do this then your absolutely trash
Ignore them, the game made it viable so why should the killer care if survivors complain.