When can Ps4 get chat boxes?
I feel like it would be nice to have the chat box that appears on pc show up on ps4, you'll get to see the salt without having to spend 10 minutes backing out of the game, and going to messages just to see it (It's a major hassle). Plus your chances of receiving salt while in another match are slimmer.
Comments
The absolute best thing about consoles is there is no end game chat. Its good for nothing , and is always filled with hate. Please do not add it to consoles.
It might just be me but I like not having it at all, I'd prefer no interaction compared to mostly vile comments. Don't get me wrong, there is some good people and lots of the time I'd like to say "GG" but that is probably not how it would work.
I'd rather have pre-game chat vs end game chat.
Yeah I rather have less salt sure they can spam my inbox but with that I can just go threw my privacy settings.
I really love this part of the community
Being a console gamer predominantly, though I play DBD on PC, I don't think it's worth putting post-game chat in DBD for console.
Compared to a keyboard, with PS4 you need to wait for the text box to actually show up when you want to type something, and then you have to manually go key-by-key to press each one that you want. Maybe you can speed it up with the controller-aiming feature, or the touchpad, and the auto-complete choices, but it'll still take far too long to do it and make it worth adding to the game.
It definitely should be added. Having to block EVERYONE even GOOD people from messaging me is completely stupid. Let the salt happen in game, so the real people can actually talk to each other.
You really don't want this. You think you do but you don't.
Back behind bars, you got any of that good prison hooch with you?
Hopefully never considering the toxicity I do see in stream videos for PC on the post game chat.
Being told to suck someones dick by a 12 yr old gets old after the first few times. The privacy settings allow you to avoid. Contact with people salty because they died.
Neat story.
ahh. i figured people might be more likely to go send a console message tho if they are unable to vent after the game, and console messages are often more salty. idk i dont have a console.
I rather not have a chat box the amount of hate I get from petty survivors is amazing. Without the chat box I see a bit less toxicity because many survivors rather not put the effort into messaging me plus PSN has a bug where you won't always see "players met" and I like it like that if we had a chat box you'd see so much toxicity.
"Trash killer, noob killer, quit camping, #########"...etc.
And yet you're also avoiding contact with the people who want to say "GG" or just give you tips. I've want to to tell people i play against "GG" "I main the killer you were playing, try doing this differently" stuff like that and don't get the chance because of their privacy settings. if we had the chat box on console it would be easier to do these things. Also, if you can't take the salt then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game.
PC player here
trust me, you dont want this
They haven't implemented one likely because of how long it takes to type a message. PC players can simply type on a keyboard, whereas console would have to type out each individual letter. I remember being a PS4 player and spending minutes just typing a few sentences out. Trust me, it isn't worth it to spend a half minute typing "That decisive at the end, tho! gg glhf" and then wait a full minute before someone types, "#########, gay, n-word, etc" in response.
trust me you dont want the end game toxicity
The only player would that would want this are trash talkers lol
I honestly wish they’d do this so I don’t have to on receive messages from players
As a player of pc and ps4 I say no thanks
@Outland you are completely wrong. There IS end game chat, it's just forced through PS messages. You must not play killer if you think there's no end game chat.
@Judgement You can always hook a keyboard up to your PS4. I do this quite often when I play online games.
I have to disagree completely with this. Now, I can easily report inappropriate messages to PSN and get them banned. I don’t want to deal with BHVR’s crap, and nothing to be done about it. Plus, with a PSN ban it affects all of PSN, not just DbD.
P.S. @jordan8734 great necro of a 1 year old thread.
I’d like it, if you didn’t wanna use it then you could close the chat.
As someone who plays on ps4 n pc, you don't want that #########. Sure, sometimes you'll have the nice chill people in egc, but most of the time you have salty survivors. Even if you're not camping or tunneling, somehow you are because they died, then you have other times where you find out they've been ######### your mom or something. It's a wonderful chat.
chat should of been added to the game, id for once like to be able to say hi or good game ,actually THANK the people for being good teamates ,yes theres good and bad that comes with it but every game that has this feature deals with it and its high time consles had there chance as well. i mean look how long it took for elder scrolls to add thetext chat feature , it was greatly needed . and games do benefit from it .like i said theres good and bad but i think after all this time it sould of been added already
Holy mother of necros
people who want to message nice things are a minority. As it is with ps4 right now majority don't message anything (which is fine) but the ones who do message 9 times out of 10 it's to call you trash. This is why people have their messages turned off. I don't turn off my messages but I understand those who do. It gets tiring and makes you think everybody who plays this game is a spoiled brat whose parents don't love them.
As a ps4 player. I couldnt ask for a better addition than the post game chat box. As it stands, people beef it out through the ps4 messages, which is A: annoying as heck as I now have over 100 converstations saved on my ps4 and have to clean them. And B: time consuming and worthless. If the chat box existed in dbd it would be a place to get the say in and leave. It's gotten to the point that even sending/receiving GG in my messages is annoying.