Match making still problematic days after rank reset

Capture d’écran (19).png

Just did 3 survivor matches and i guess this screen perfectly sums it up it's been 3 days now and i'm still again and again teamed with new players this is annoying i cant do a single match because of that

Comments

  • Now thats some good tunneling

  • Matchmaking and ranking has much bigger problems than the rank reset.

    It's broken on a fundamental level.

    Honestly, if I was BHVR I would make getting crossplay top priority so the queue times go down significantly, and then overhaul matchmaking/ranking right afterwards to be more fair and specific.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Matchmaking and ranking has much bigger problems than the rank reset.

    It's broken on a fundamental level.

    Honestly, if I was BHVR I would make getting crossplay top priority so the queue times go down significantly, and then overhaul matchmaking/ranking right afterwards to be more fair and specific.

    I know but it started AFTER that rank reset for me

    Since it, I can't play survivor anymore because the game puts me again and again and again against and with new players all the time

    So even if matchmaking and ranking systems are bigger problems, for me it's the new rank reset system that broke it.

  • Yep, I don't think they will ever have an answer for matchmaking.

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924748#Comment_924748

    I know but it started AFTER that rank reset for me

    Since it, I can't play survivor anymore because the game puts me again and again and again against and with new players all the time

    So even if matchmaking and ranking systems are bigger problems, for me it's the new rank reset system that broke it.

    It's been doing this to me since before the rank reset.

  • @Usui said:

    Yep, I don't think they will ever have an answer for matchmaking.

    I do. Get cross play working with consoles, narrow matchmaking to be like within only 1 rank, remove rank reset entirely, make it so it only slowly degrades when you are not playing; make it much harder to rank up in general, so it should be staying where it is SUPPOSED to be.

    Then, work on all the small pip related changes to make matches pip and de pip when they are supposed to, things like Mori' and keys will have to go, since they mess up the pip system a bit.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924941#Comment_924941

    I do. Get cross play working with consoles, narrow matchmaking to be like within only 1 rank, remove rank reset entirely, make it so it only slowly degrades when you are not playing; make it much harder to rank up in general, so it should be staying where it is SUPPOSED to be.

    Then, work on all the small pip related changes to make matches pip and de pip when they are supposed to, things like Mori' and keys will have to go, since they mess up the pip system a bit.

    That's very optimistic. Not gonna happen, especially cross play.

  • I think it's because now plenty of players have similar rank after reset, so matchmaking fill servers with similar ranks and the other players are pushed to play with the rest.

    Aaaaand, if you can't handle rank 17 killer it's something wrong with you maybe, no offense.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924960#Comment_924960

    That's very optimistic. Not gonna happen, especially cross play.

    They have expressed strong interest in adding crossplay with consoles at some point down the line; I wouldn't rule it out entirely. They don't think PC players would be at too much of an advantage, and have forwarded multiple requests for it to the development team... So they are at least looking into it.


  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Now thats some good tunneling

    Or left to die on first hook, which is more likely.

  • @maaadinsomniac said:

    I think it's because now plenty of players have similar rank after reset, so matchmaking fill servers with similar ranks and the other players are pushed to play with the rest.

    Aaaaand, if you can't handle rank 17 killer it's something wrong with you maybe, no offense.

    I can handle them perfectly fine thanks, but the rest of the team wont do anything even if i get chased for a whole hour (the screenshot i sent was just me getting sandbagged right after i got first hit, then left to die on first hook)


    i just want to play with players of my level so my efforts are not in total vain

    another example is how today i got chased for a good 5 minutes on the last gen by a hag in hawkins, and when i got downed, the last gen wasnt even touched they were crouching even tho they could see the obsession was getting chased the whole time. That's what i'm talking about. New survivors are TERRIFIED of the killers. They wont do anything, at best they will safe-care the whole match and that's all.

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924748#Comment_924748

    I know but it started AFTER that rank reset for me

    Since it, I can't play survivor anymore because the game puts me again and again and again against and with new players all the time

    So even if matchmaking and ranking systems are bigger problems, for me it's the new rank reset system that broke it.

    You should give playing killer a try. Its fun to get matched with 2 colours of ranks above you^^

  • Matchmaking is broke i got in a game rank 6 6,17, 15 and a killer 18

    the bad side of getting in higher ranks is waiting longer for matches and going agains low rank killers that camps and tunnels cause nything to them will give a pip

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924936#Comment_924936

    You should give playing killer a try. Its fun to get matched with 2 colours of ranks above you^^

    actually i'm more of a killer main, but since im already in red ranks, i cant tell- it's the usual "those red ranks are bad / those ones are godlike" matching for me


    but clearly the matchmaking sucks right now

  • I constantly go against 4 man red ranks when i'm just green rank

    And i'm called noob player..

  • @OmegaXII said:

    I constantly go against 4 man red ranks when i'm just green rank

    And i'm called noob player..

    sucks you have to go through such toxicity, older players should give advices and tips to newer players not be idiots who dont care for your fun and insults you right after just to stab deeper

    i really hope the matchmaking gets fixed a little after the next patch/update

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928155#Comment_928155

    actually i'm more of a killer main, but since im already in red ranks, i cant tell- it's the usual "those red ranks are bad / those ones are godlike" matching for me

    but clearly the matchmaking sucks right now

    I used to play red ranks too. but since 2 months I play more survivor so I dropped really low as killer. Sure nothing changed if you always play in red ranks, but all the killers that hit rank 10 and higher get often matched with red ranks. I think its really rare to encounter a surv team on your rank or lower. Seems like theres only rank range +6 for killers.

  • @PatchNoir said:

    Matchmaking is broke i got in a game rank 6 6,17, 15 and a killer 18

    the bad side of getting in higher ranks is waiting longer for matches and going agains low rank killers that camps and tunnels cause nything to them will give a pip

    That's the big problem, you end up with lower ranks players because the game decided, you cant even tell your teammates are low ranks, and if you dont let the killer have fun they'll facecamp you/ tunnel you because, well, they are low ranks too, they dont like feeling destroyed by someone. So you end up in bad games where neither the killer neither the survivors do something concrete, it takes an eternity, and all that for another 10+ minutes queue with again the same thing happening

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928169#Comment_928169

    I used to play red ranks too. but since 2 months I play more survivor so I dropped really low as killer. Sure nothing changed if you always play in red ranks, but all the killers that hit rank 10 and higher get often matched with red ranks. I think its really rare to encounter a surv team on your rank or lower. Seems like theres only rank range +6 for killers.

    Happened to me too dont worry, right now i cant tell if it's even more broken than before but sure i can tell you it's awful.

    Feels like there's a shortage of killers in most regions, making survivors queues longer and longer (especially solo queues) and matchmaking more and more inaccurate

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928181#Comment_928181

    Happened to me too dont worry, right now i cant tell if it's even more broken than before but sure i can tell you it's awful.

    Feels like there's a shortage of killers in most regions, making survivors queues longer and longer (especially solo queues) and matchmaking more and more inaccurate

    just a theory of mine tho, i didnt check the stats at all, dont even know if such stats exist

  • the day this game gets matchmaking is the day I'll probably be 100 years old

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928181#Comment_928181

    Happened to me too dont worry, right now i cant tell if it's even more broken than before but sure i can tell you it's awful.

    Feels like there's a shortage of killers in most regions, making survivors queues longer and longer (especially solo queues) and matchmaking more and more inaccurate

    Well lately I get faster queues as survivor. But almost always lower rank than R1 where im at. It doesnt feel fair on both sides atm. Tbh I can understand people pushing killer aside for the time being, so did I.

    I agree. I also feel like it will get even worse. Its the first *new* rank reset and I already see negative outcome. And that ofc adds up with the matchmaking. Honestly I would prefer the old one.

    Omg its so messed up. Makes me sad even thinking about it

  • I lost count of how many times ive seen rank 14 killer playing again ranks 6-7 only many times in a row xD

  • Meanwhile I just finished a killer game at rank 9 and went against 3 ranks 3

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928189#Comment_928189

    Well lately I get faster queues as survivor. But almost always lower rank than R1 where im at. It doesnt feel fair on both sides atm. Tbh I can understand people pushing killer aside for the time being, so did I.

    I agree. I also feel like it will get even worse. Its the first *new* rank reset and I already see negative outcome. And that ofc adds up with the matchmaking. Honestly I would prefer the old one.

    Omg its so messed up. Makes me sad even thinking about it

    glad to see everyone agrees the new rank reset is going to explode even more, not even talking about the fact that eventually everyone will end up in red ranks making lower ranks queues atrocious and match making even more tedious

    i hope they change back to the old system soon, it's still better than having to play in a thousand unbalanced games with 10 minutes long queues (not even talking about how awful it must be on console)

    the system clearly failed at making the matchmaking better, and will eventually take off the monthly goal off becoming a rank 1, with longer queues for new players

    this was a bad idea, i hope they got it, and will go back to the old system soon so they can work on a new system that would actually work

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928210#Comment_928210

    glad to see everyone agrees the new rank reset is going to explode even more, not even talking about the fact that eventually everyone will end up in red ranks making lower ranks queues atrocious and match making even more tedious

    i hope they change back to the old system soon, it's still better than having to play in a thousand unbalanced games with 10 minutes long queues (not even talking about how awful it must be on console)

    the system clearly failed at making the matchmaking better, and will eventually take off the monthly goal off becoming a rank 1, with longer queues for new players

    this was a bad idea, i hope they got it, and will go back to the old system soon so they can work on a new system that would actually work

    Agree completely.

    I always try to see things positive. But its really hard in this case.

    Well maybe if the majority of the playerbase is red ranks they will balance around that. Would be something new xD

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929406#Comment_929406

    Agree completely.

    I always try to see things positive. But its really hard in this case.

    Well maybe if the majority of the playerbase is red ranks they will balance around that. Would be something new xD

    yeah but balancing around the 5% best (even tho with the new system it would soon be the 20% bests) would be pretty horrible for all the casual gamers and of course the new players which would give them even less reasons to play it, so well, that's definitely how you kill your game

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929543#Comment_929543

    yeah but balancing around the 5% best (even tho with the new system it would soon be the 20% bests) would be pretty horrible for all the casual gamers and of course the new players which would give them even less reasons to play it, so well, that's definitely how you kill your game

    It was just a joke ^^ sorry for baiting you.

    There are so many thing wrong atm and all piles up. I understand that bE introduced a new rank reset and matchmaking system to improve the queue times. But it really worked out bad and im sure it will worsen. I think its good to balance around the majority of the playerbase. But on the same note you feel left behind if you are in the 5%.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Now thats some good tunneling

    BP amounts suggest them dying on first hook (or killing themself on first hook) not tunneling. 🤷‍♀️

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924641#Comment_924641

    BP amounts suggest them dying on first hook (or killing themself on first hook) not tunneling. 🤷‍♀️

    if you guys are all debating about how many bloodpoints i got yes i died on first hook while 2 survs were crouching around and the last one got downed during self care

  • Have you seen mine...?

    image.png
  • Now that's a nice matchmaking bud

    seems like console is even more broken than pc, can more console players confirm/ show screens ?

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929622#Comment_929622

    if you guys are all debating about how many bloodpoints i got yes i died on first hook while 2 survs were crouching around and the last one got downed during self care

    I assumed as much.

    Just didn't have much else to add to the thread. Sorry. 😟

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929761#Comment_929761

    I assumed as much.

    Just didn't have much else to add to the thread. Sorry. 😟

    no prob, i feel like this thread is coming to an end too, will definitely try something else, more positive this time (I hope)

  • lmao matchmaking worked again for me ! ... for 2 matches before i go back to be teamed all the time with new players


    URGGGGH

  • I don't get this problem so much on survivor side, but I definitely get the crappy end of the stick on killer. Usually fighting way outside my weight class, which I will admit makes me OP against people that are actually near my own ranking.

    Last night, playing as survivor, we got a huntress, who clearly wasn't good. Took her forever to down one guy, then facecamped, then lost him, and spent 5 gens trying to chase them down. She only got a 1k due to facecamping the guy on hook. Brand new rank 20, perkless, with no add on's vs level 9's.