Everyone wants to see the lobby rank, but if they removed it, it was because this “bug” caused many lobby dodges, and people realized that, despite what they said, the matchmaking is busted.
Everyone wants to see the lobby rank, but if they removed it, it was because this “bug” caused many lobby dodges, and people realized that, despite what they said, the matchmaking is busted.
And they dodged accordingly and the matchmaker put in other people until it got it right.
Pretty much everyone wants it, but the devs seemed pretty firm in their decision.
If anyone ever wanted confirmation that they don't just mindlessly do whatever the players tell them to do without thinking it through for themselves, this would be it.
The problem with this is they don't want to discourage killers dodging lobbies, which is a huge double standard. Why remove ranks from lobbies to prevent survivors from cherry picking their lobbies while killers can cherry pick lobbies based on what survivors are bringing into the trials? The only real thing dodging did for survivors was preventing bad matchmaking, which is their own fault anyways.
The problem with this is they don't want to discourage killers dodging lobbies, which is a huge double standard. Why remove ranks from lobbies to prevent survivors from cherry picking their lobbies while killers can cherry pick lobbies based on what survivors are bringing into the trials? The only real thing dodging did for survivors was preventing bad matchmaking, which is their own fault anyways.
I'd say tell that to the devs, if I weren't pretty sure that someone already has. Personally, although I understand the reasoning behind it, I disagree with their decision to remove the rank display from lobbies because I think it was an overall net benefit. I was just trying to provide information to the person above who said they wanted to hear the devs' take on it.
I'd say tell that to the devs, if I weren't pretty sure that someone already has. Personally, although I understand the reasoning behind it, I disagree with their decision to remove the rank display from lobbies because I think it was an overall net benefit. I was just trying to provide information to the person above who said they wanted to hear the devs' take on it.
Yeah, I literally replied to Peanits with a response based on that and didn't get any kind of reply. I expect it's just one of those "I'm gonna stick my fingers in my ears and pretend I didn't hear anything until it goes away" situations.
The issue here is that people will find any excuse to dodge a lobby if that was their intent. The ability to see rank seems like a very popular thing people enjoy and want (despite BHVR claiming it was being abused) so why not let it stay as a feature and not a bug to see how it affects the game after a few weeks.
The issue here is that people will find any excuse to dodge a lobby if that was their intent. The ability to see rank seems like a very popular thing people enjoy and want (despite BHVR claiming it was being abused) so why not let it stay as a feature and not a bug to see how it affects the game after a few weeks.
As I said above, I personally agree. If you want to know why they won't just let it stay as a feature and see how it goes, though, the answer would be because they already did exactly that and that's how they made the decision in the first place.
I’d like the killers to have less information. The amount of times I’ve been dodged because some random Nea is wearing a pink head or more than one person is holding a tool box is ridiculous lmao
I’d like the killers to have less information. The amount of times I’ve been dodged because some random Nea is wearing a pink head or more than one person is holding a tool box is ridiculous lmao
I’m a killer main, usually whenever I use it 1-2 players dc LOL. I just know when I run into it as a survivor with a good item, it makes the game hell. You should try it sometime, lobby dodging just wastes everyone’s time.
I’m a killer main, usually whenever I use it 1-2 players dc LOL. I just know when I run into it as a survivor with a good item, it makes the game hell. You should try it sometime, lobby dodging just wastes everyone’s time.
I used too, then they nerfed Legion so that it doesn't work anymore :(
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I wanted to post this in General, since nobody uses this sub-forum, but this will have to do.
People wanting it doesn't even mean it should be added back.
Naturally plenty of Survivors want to be able to dodge bad teammates more easily.
Which I think is fine. It also supports a better matchmaker. People will leave if they see a Rank 3 Survivor and they are rank 13 and vice versa.
Everyone wants to see the lobby rank, but if they removed it, it was because this “bug” caused many lobby dodges, and people realized that, despite what they said, the matchmaking is busted.
And they dodged accordingly and the matchmaker put in other people until it got it right.
Yeah, I ultimately want it back but I can see both sides of the argument.
I'd love to get feedback from the devs as to why they felt it necessary to remove the ranks.
Pretty much everyone wants it, but the devs seemed pretty firm in their decision.
If anyone ever wanted confirmation that they don't just mindlessly do whatever the players tell them to do without thinking it through for themselves, this would be it.
It was because people were using the feature as an excuse to dodge lobbies, which is something the devs wanted to discourage.
The problem with this is they don't want to discourage killers dodging lobbies, which is a huge double standard. Why remove ranks from lobbies to prevent survivors from cherry picking their lobbies while killers can cherry pick lobbies based on what survivors are bringing into the trials? The only real thing dodging did for survivors was preventing bad matchmaking, which is their own fault anyways.
I'd say tell that to the devs, if I weren't pretty sure that someone already has. Personally, although I understand the reasoning behind it, I disagree with their decision to remove the rank display from lobbies because I think it was an overall net benefit. I was just trying to provide information to the person above who said they wanted to hear the devs' take on it.
Yeah, I literally replied to Peanits with a response based on that and didn't get any kind of reply. I expect it's just one of those "I'm gonna stick my fingers in my ears and pretend I didn't hear anything until it goes away" situations.
Yes, but only if the killer can see them as well. Full transparency or no transparency.
The issue here is that people will find any excuse to dodge a lobby if that was their intent. The ability to see rank seems like a very popular thing people enjoy and want (despite BHVR claiming it was being abused) so why not let it stay as a feature and not a bug to see how it affects the game after a few weeks.
You don't need to have "an intent to dodge" to see a Lvl 1 Claudette in your lobby and immediately know to leave.
As I said above, I personally agree. If you want to know why they won't just let it stay as a feature and see how it goes, though, the answer would be because they already did exactly that and that's how they made the decision in the first place.
I’d like the killers to have less information. The amount of times I’ve been dodged because some random Nea is wearing a pink head or more than one person is holding a tool box is ridiculous lmao
4 toolboxes are pretty ridiculous
Two words: Franklins Demise
I’m a killer main, usually whenever I use it 1-2 players dc LOL. I just know when I run into it as a survivor with a good item, it makes the game hell. You should try it sometime, lobby dodging just wastes everyone’s time.
I used too, then they nerfed Legion so that it doesn't work anymore :(