Why is this new rank reset so awful ?

I'm not the type who went through enough rank resets to tell it's fresh air to relax a few days a time a month, but this new rank reset is pretty awful compared to the old one ??

I played 6 times as a survivor (I was rank 5) and I got only rank 20-17 survivors with me, which means basically, even if i wanted to bully the killer, the others were too terrified of that Wraith to do anything / were afk / dced on first down.

I played 4 times as killer next because I was sick of those awful games where the killers were sweaty as much as they could, and where i was basically the only one capable of efficiently escaping them. I'm a rank 5 killer too, but i got rank 4 on last day so basically i'm more of a purple than red rank. I tell myself "it's okay, if the matchmaking is THAT awful as survivor, all you need to do is play as killer so you can have fun even if it will kinda feel super easy against new survivors". I take Doc to have fun because i tell myself "no need to rank up, those guys will probably be newbies i wont play spirit or freddy against them".

And then it's a sweaty 4-swf squad of red ranks farming the rank reset to get rank 1 asap. And again. And again. And again.

As solo survivor, only rank 17-20 in my team. As killer, I only get sweaty swfs.

This matchmaking is really really making me sick of this new rank reset. Can anyone relate / say they are experiencing the same and going to not play for a few days ?

Comments

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    I'm not the type who went through enough rank resets to tell it's fresh air to relax a few days a time a month, but this new rank reset is pretty awful compared to the old one ??

    I played 6 times as a survivor (I was rank 5) and I got only rank 20-17 survivors with me, which means basically, even if i wanted to bully the killer, the others were too terrified of that Wraith to do anything / were afk / dced on first down.

    I played 4 times as killer next because I was sick of those awful games where the killers were sweaty as much as they could, and where i was basically the only one capable of efficiently escaping them. I'm a rank 5 killer too, but i got rank 4 on last day so basically i'm more of a purple than red rank. I tell myself "it's okay, if the matchmaking is THAT awful as survivor, all you need to do is play as killer so you can have fun even if it will kinda feel super easy against new survivors". I take Doc to have fun because i tell myself "no need to rank up, those guys will probably be newbies i wont play spirit or freddy against them".

    And then it's a sweaty 4-swf squad of red ranks farming the rank reset to get rank 1 asap. And again. And again. And again.

    As solo survivor, only rank 17-20 in my team. As killer, I only get sweaty swfs.

    This matchmaking is really really making me sick of this new rank reset. Can anyone relate / say they are experiencing the same and going to not play for a few days ?

    This was happening before rank reset.

    Imagine being me, a rank 2 survivor, and getting matched with rank 14-18 SWF's. Within 6 ranks my plump backside.

  • I like the new rank reset.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112736/why-is-this-new-rank-reset-so-awful

    This was happening before rank reset.

    Imagine being me, a rank 2 survivor, and getting matched with rank 14-18 SWF's. Within 6 ranks my plump backside.

    i dunno, happens to me sometimes but, like, not THAT MUCH, I literally spent hours playing today until i got sick of those unbalanced matchmakings

  • In the end the new system will congregate more of the player base at the upper ranks.

    I suspect the system will change again in a few months.

  • Well, then your aim whas to bully someone, then at least it had hit the right one :P.

    But I know what you mean. Its still suprising for me, how often I encounter on low ranks swfs.

    Would I know how how much that had changed after the match making chance, I would have never prestige up :|.

  • match making change... And 200 billions more typos... I miss the old forum-posting-edit mode :/.

  • If everyone floats towards red ranks there will be more less dedicated tryhard up there so maybe it'll be more fun as killer.