The botany knowlege + self care combo

I mean. It's alright. It makes the decrease in healing speed on yourself more manageable and removes sloppy butcher from murdering the perk.


Now throw in no mither and the combo is absolutely broken. No counterplay what so ever and this needs to be addressed imediatley.


Tldr : why can't botany knowlege be a nice number like 30% or 40%?

Comments

  • Couldn't understand what it has to do with no mither?

    And 30%? you want to nerf, or 40% you want to buff?

  • @antgnstea said:

    Couldn't understand what it has to do with no mither?

    And 30%? you want to nerf, or 40% you want to buff?

    R/woosh

  • And I just want to botany knowlege number to be nice and round to make math easy. Because I don't like maths

  • Did you get this from Zubat?

  • @rch614 said:

    Did you get this from Zubat?

    No I did not boot up pokemon and go catch a zubat.

    I suffered watching my brother run self care botany knowlege adrenaline and no mither while he said it was the meta build

  • @Seltas0208

    Do you calculate everything in DBD? There are lots of moderately, considerably, slightly terms. Do you know how much exactly those take or add? I am guessing no. And you should still be fine.

  • @antgnstea said:

    @Seltas0208

    Do you calculate everything in DBD? There are lots of moderately, considerably, slightly terms. Do you know how much exactly those take or add? I am guessing no. And you should still be fine.

    When I need to calculate yep. Certain things are good to remeber like how the best cool down add ons for legion only reduce the stun time by 0.75 seconds


    Additonaly the s/m/c/t system of describing effects is confusing as hell, with the oni they've changed the percentage based stuff into flat numbers.

  • I don't believe BK makes a significant difference with SC. I've run them together, and it still takes a while, even without Sloppy Butcher. The heal speed is not 83% like I'm sure many think, but probably half of the benefit (something like 66% or so) and although it sounds like an improvement I really cannot tell by looking if it's faster than SC.

    With perks like Thana or SB, the bar will always be red while healing through SC, but with a med-kit there should be a point in which those perks get countered, yet there never was with yellow or green kits. Due to the bugged system now I don't know if I tried with a purple kit but the only point I"m trying to make is that instead of pairing Self-Care/Botany, people should try something like Kindred, Empathy, or We'll Make It since those perks all have noticeable benefits and unless there's some official test someone does regarding the two, I still refuse to believe they're pairing the way they should (or people seem to think they do). Sorry for the confusing block of text.

  • @Coriander said:

    I don't believe BK makes a significant difference with SC. I've run them together, and it still takes a while, even without Sloppy Butcher. The heal speed is not 83% like I'm sure many think, but probably half of the benefit (something like 66% or so) and although it sounds like an improvement I really cannot tell by looking if it's faster than SC.

    With perks like Thana or SB, the bar will always be red while healing through SC, but with a med-kit there should be a point in which those perks get countered, yet there never was with yellow or green kits. Due to the bugged system now I don't know if I tried with a purple kit but the only point I"m trying to make is that instead of pairing Self-Care/Botany, people should try something like Kindred, Empathy, or We'll Make It since those perks all have noticeable benefits and unless there's some official test someone does regarding the two, I still refuse to believe they're pairing the way they should (or people seem to think they do). Sorry for the confusing block of text.

    It's alright. It's a detailed explination As to why you don't like running that combo.

    At least it isn't saying the no mither self care combo is fair and balanced

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    No mither meta!

    Imagine thinking using botany knowledge, and self care with no mither is a “meta” and not a meme in itself. It doesn’t make any sense one way or the other. Like why self care with no mither for yourself , or why no mither with self care for others. Those two don’t compute. Brain melt, oh wait there’s adrenaline too for extra lulz

  • Anyways leader, botany, resilience, self care/we’ll make it if you want fast heal speeds for others or yourself ,Otherwise pfft Bc it’s an entire 4 perk slots just to do it.


    or if you’d like to be the flash

    prove thyself, resilience, leader, botany knowledge

  • Meta? Pff no mither self Care botany and streetwise for more duration in your medkit to heal yoursef Is meta.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/905241#Comment_905241

    It's 83%.

    Remember back when they tested Self Care to heal at 75% speed instead of 50% and everyone was healing themselves faster than they would heal other people when they combined it up with Botany?

    No, I don't. Is that true? Didn't they change it though, since it takes soo long to Self Care now? If it really is 83%, that's awesome. I thought it was 33% of the 50% SC normal, so an additional 16% or so.

    Then, will people rage if I'm in red ranks running Self-Care+Botany? I always run Botany, and rarely SC, but...

  • So many people taking this thread seriously.

    Or they are actually trolling at such a high level its undetectable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/905486#Comment_905486

    In the PTB, they were testing 75% self care speed, except self care reduced all healing you did to 75% speed; not just healing yourself. But it was broken because everyone just paired it with botany and healed themselves at 108% healing speed, so they didn't go through with that change.

    Anyways, you can run whatever you want. If someone complains, you can either ignore them, or just lie and say you were doing an archive challenge or something. I run Self Care and Botany sometimes because it's much more efficient to heal yourself after being unhooked and let the rescuer work on the generator solo and to take the 20 seconds to heal yourself up, rather than both of you being committed to the healing action for 16 seconds and then repairing less than 10% of the generator together in those 4 seconds. That makes up the difference of 1/4th of a generator being completed.

    I see, thank you for the info!

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    So many people taking this thread seriously.

    Or they are actually trolling at such a high level its undetectable.

    I am the sphee