So, when do they fix the tinkerer 2 bug?
why does it take so long to get a hotfix patch for that?
(Yes I edited it since I can't just delete it. I have no desire to further discuss this)
why does it take so long to get a hotfix patch for that?
(Yes I edited it since I can't just delete it. I have no desire to further discuss this)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's probably going to launch with the 2nd bloodhunt event next month. Chill out
I hope so.. I'm really sick of killer abusing that perk.. I had that like 5 times in a row.. at that point I just left/let them kill me if they had it..
Maybe it's best if you take a bit of a break till then to avoid further agitation? Seriously it will do you good when you come back when it's fixed.
After tinkerer first get's activated the killer has no heartbeat for the rest of the match instead of just for 10 seconds like it should be.. and some killer might not know that, because not everyone reads the forum/bug reports, but some use the perk BECAUSE it's bugged..
Didn't they hotfix this on PC already? I thought they said it on stream it will be done ASAP.
no, they didn't.. sadly..
Though it wasnt that bad to not hear survivors' breathing. This tinkerer bug completely changes the game and should have been fixed in a couple of days.
Not only that but it makes good practise for improving awareness by spotting a killer from all distances without relying on the TR to make them more aware. The bug needs to be fixed there's no denying that but at the same time we should use it to train observation skills while we still can.
I had one killer last night who had it... It is a hard core game mode, you can still win, just need to keep your eyes peeled.
When the Devs said it was fixed, they fixed it internally so it will be rolled out on the next update, whenever that is. It is fixed, just not fixed in the live version yet.
Isn't it more fun to be a bit scared in a HORROR survival game?
If I wanna play a horror game, I search for a single player REAL horror game. I played this game for 2k hours now so it won't scare me EVER like it did 2 years ago... sometimes you have a little jumpscare if you jump into the killers arms but that's about it for me personally
That was nothing we as survivors could've changed. That was fully on the game and there was nothing survivors could've done to fix that, so you can't even compare that to this bug.
nobody that abuses this perk intentionally upgrades to Tinkerer 3 though.
And for all the other people: I never said it's unplayable, but the TR is in this game for a reason & you can change it for a reason and to not have it is just as bad as some bugs survivors have abused in the past. It's not fun and I play games for fun and nothing else. I just said that I hate it that people abuse this bug INTENTIONALLY. Why take insidous for "camping" when you have a 2 in 1 perk for that atm? people who don't know about this bug wouldn't do that because they wouldn't know they don't have a TR, but you can clearly see if someone does it on purpose because he knows.. And I don't know why, but since the 2.0 update survivors play like dead potatoes, so no it's not fun to have a "scare" when 50% crawl and hide all game because of it and the other 50% don't even know what's going on and die left and right.
For example I remember the bug were survivors got 8k points for stunning a killer once. That got fixed in a hotfix update THE SAME DAY! While bugs like these (which, like some people say, are apparently fixed internally) don't get hotfixes and nobody cares about them. That's all I wanted to say and that's purely my opinion and I have no problem with the fact that you have a different opinion on things like this..
Why would those who abuse it upgrade it?
I doubt a large number of people using this bug are doing so intentionally.
It's not like you can tell it's bugged if you're the killer. Unless the killers are just straight up admitting it in the post game chat it's best to assume they're unaware.
I don't agree with you.
I'm sure a lot know and still use it.
Surivors still abuse DS, for years now and still its not fixed yet
There can be hotfixes before the next chapter, actually. Hard to tell if they're gonna happen tho.
are you for real? using a perk that works how intended is not abusing something. Having a perk that is op and needed a nerf a long time ago (still needs the nerf) has nothing to do with a bugged perk that needs a hotfix rather than a fix weeks later, especially if they already have a fix for it internally, after all we're talking about the dev's that put updates just for translation fixes out..
But equipping tinkerer 2 is a bad thing?
And honestly, in the days of SWF, no terror radius does less than 4x DS does, at least if we talk about competent survivors
If you pick it because it's bugged and you're using the advatage of not having a TR then yes, it's a bad thing.
You can't compare this with swf/ 4x DS because
I dont care what you say, whether you play solo or whatever. fact is that 4x DS in a SWF is utterly broken and the devs realized it and promised us to nerf it.
Tinkerer 2 has way less impact on the game, still you cry for an immediate fix.
At the moment both tinkerer 2 and DS are broken perks that are waiting for a fix, fact is that I NEVER occured a tinkerer 2 killer, but DS is used EVERY game (I play 50/50 killer/surv atm)
I could also say that I am a bad killer so its fine if I use tinkerer 2 (survivor logic)
you're still comparing a perk that is working as it should, with a perk that does NOT work as it should.
and now that you say it; I NEVER occured a 4x swf group, even at rank 1.
If you have nothing else to say, other than letting out your frustration of ds, I wish you much fun in your games, and since you apparently get all the time 4x ds swf groups, I cross my fingers that you don't get them as often. Have a nice day.
Thats exactly my point. DS is not how it should be. Devs admitted that it is broken and it will receive a nerf.
You never occured a 4x SWF? Well guess you dont play killer lol, ofc you dont understand the frustration about DS then
God, really? I said I never had a 4 man swf group where every single member used ds, which is what you stated happens all the time to you. I had games with 1-2 ds, but that's about it & yes, if I can I dribble them to the hook just like every other killer would. For the "broken" part; there is a clear difference between broken as in; overpowered and in broken as; not working as intended.
If u wanna play a horror game u play something else? Well this game is branded as a Horror game, so a bug making it scary and making survivors look over their shoulders is pretty cool imo
They can brand the game as whatever they want, if I'm not scared by it (and oviously nobody is scared of a game after they played it 2 years) then it's not a horror game for me. ofc it was scary when I first picked it up, but as I said after 2 years (2k hours) it's just not & the TR will not change that for me personally. So yes, if I want a horror game I would take a single player game, but since I'm an easy scared person I won't do that.
survs should at least be ''afraid'' to be near the killer. That's what asymmetrical means in this game. Too bad if they try to make it like it should be, survs just bombard the game with bad reviews like last time
I had a survivor game last night where the killer was using it and legit had no idea. The other three survivors were accusing him of hacking, and the killer apologized after I told them about the bug. I believe he didn't know about it. For one thing he only had 3 perks, none were tier 3 and none were teachables from another killer (Enduring 1, Tinkerer 2, Unrelenting 1). Based on that and on his gameplay, he was definitely a new killer.
Most players don't read the forums (Steam or official). A lot of them probably dont even read the patch notes.
That particular game was absolutely terrifying, and i loved it. You just had to keep your eyes peeled and your camera on a swivel, like a faster version of Myers EW1.