Reasons for using noed?

Thats not a noed hate or balance thread, I am simply asking why are YOU using noed, if you use it obviously. I personally and honestly dont like noed and would never use it because its way to crutch and braindead for me. Thats my personal opinion to that, However I can understand if ppl have reasons like "they are bad in this game, want to punish genrush etc". The reason "I am new to this killer and want to learn him" is not a option because you cant learn a killer if you immidiatly kill the survivor. Anyway, let me know and share your experiences!

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @NoOneEscapesNancy said:

    Because it’s fun when I go against SWF and they all try to save their teammates and they all end up dying

    ur kinda sadistic ngl 😂

    I can see the appeal after facing 5 full flashlight swf

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    I just consider it a failsafe personally. It's rare it gets to that point for me, but when it does NOED helps speed up the process for me. And the best part is that Survivors have no one to blame but themselves for not cleansing totems

    cleansing totems is not the objective of the game. I guess if survivors escape out hatch using a key you're to blame for not looking for hatch?

  • @IceCreamPrincess said:

    When i use NOED its primarily when i value hooks and sacrifices over gen protection. I just slap it into a normal build, and if the conditions are met and it activates then yay, otherwise oh well, guess i did good enough i didnt need it.

    I see no shame in using it, its a perk just like any other. Killers and survivors see no issue with using strong perks, like ruin, borrowed time, PGTW and dead hard, so why shouldnt i use a strong perk.

    No comment. (future me please insert some comment concerning dbd players and hypocrites)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Endgame builds only. Pretty bad perk otherwise at high ranks. It's not this mythical auto-win perk that people make it out to be. I usually only get 1 or 2 downs with it before it is cleansed. You get the same value out of MYC or HG.

    Because the Exposed effect is usually permanent due to totem spawns being themselves, and the perk having an obnoxious and unnecessary speed boost, these "downs" are better said to be "confirmed kills"

  • @Orchid said:

    I don't even see a problem in using Noed. As a survivor main i know to cleanse totems from the beginning, not only i get easy points, but I know the killer has lost one perk and he only has 3 more to rely on.

    You should always start thinking about the fact that the killer is using Noed. You do not take risks or rely on luck, u just cleanse everything (except haunted grounds ofc), and u will be fine.

    Sometimes when i play killer i use noed because i am not a killer main, and i do not have enough teachable perks to create a good build, so noed is always a good choice for a second choice if you did bad in the game.

    It is funny how if survivors keep doing mistakes, they could just repair them with Dead Hard, Ds, Adrenaline, Deliverence and killers are not allowed to recover from a gen rush or a long chase with a helpful saviour perk. No one should cry about this honestly.

    That's the chaser chasee mechanic. The chaser catches the chasees mistakes and the chaser therefore can't usually afford to make mistakes of their own. But why would this game be realistic?

  • @SadLegion said:

    I use it on killers like wraith or trapper. I dont have ruin or corrupt to slow the game down and gens pop in like 5 minutes. If survivors dont want to spent time cleansing totems or want to get the gens as fast as possible and get out its their fault if they fall down to noed. That being said usually what noed gives you is 1 down. Then other survivors either get out or play immersed cleanse it and try to go for a save. If it comes into play of course.

    I have no idea why people so hate this perk. It annoys me only if used in some dirty combinations like spirit+ruin+noed when i play survivor. I hate ruin more but thats because im still not so consistent at hitting great skill checks. I always cleanse totems when i run into them. And if we are doing gens too fast and i have time I go searching for totems.

    Id say noed is necessary for newbies and people who dont have ruin and play on m1 killers like trapper. IF you want have a chance to win of course. All the people hating it sound like a broken record. I mean it has so many counterplays, just adapt to it already. Instead people blaming me for running it on trapper with no slowdown after everyone dies before 5 gens are done.

    It's kind of sad if players all must accept that killers need to rely on not 1 but 2 crutch perks that are guaranteed to see play every game. As if crutch perks didn't rule this game enough (adrenaline, iron will)

  • I'm a newcomer to DbD. I'm terrible. I still don't use NoED. It seems cheap to me.

  • I run on m1 killers for an endgame build if I had a few bad games in a row and the gens were done too quick

  • @IceCreamPrincess said:

    @BenZ0

    See thats where i disagree with you. Just because the perks have an activation requirement doesn't mean theyre inherently fairer or less powerful. While yes, there is skill in borrowed time, dead hard, and a bunch of other perks, it doesn't mean that perks without skill dont have a place.

    NOEDs activation may be rng based, but from my own personal experience its very rare that survivors do all 5 totems, regardless of their spawns. I can count on one hand the amount of times it hasn't activated. The stress of counterplay is only after the survivors know of its existence.

    For example, theres skill in adrenaline, its a risk where the exhaustion effect is actually detrimental, or the sprint boost/heal of it is wasted. Also, risking like sounding like a broken record, there is of course counterplay to NOED

    Of course theres the much parroted "just do totems" to cleanse noed, but theres also just mentally noting the location of the totems and checking them when the gens are done. As well, the killer still needs to actually hit a survivor, and they only gain a 4% movement boost, which whilst powerful isn't earth shattering.

    I wont deny that NOED is a powerful perk, but like ive said, there are many powerful perks in the game, some more niche than others, some with more counterplay than others, and thats why i dont feel bad about NOED, because its just one of many perks to choose from

    And on your last point on you finding pleasure on activating your perks, or fulfilling their requirements, NOED isnt about that, its more giving the player a fighting chance against a superior team, or giving an edge at the end of the match. Its balanced that way, since you are a perk down for the entire match before its activation.

    if a team is superior shouldn't they win? isn't that what superior means? or would you rather have it that by hooking survivors (doing what you're supposed to do) brings the survivors very quickly closer and closer to winning the game. I'm rambling at this point but the design of "killer comeback" perks is really poor because they often can be used by killers who aren't in a losing game and the game is being played well on both sides. The ranking system is there for killer and survivors to have equal skill level. (It's there, but it is definitely not working)

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894017#Comment_894017

    Because the Exposed effect is usually permanent due to totem spawns being themselves, and the perk having an obnoxious and unnecessary speed boost, these "downs" are better said to be "confirmed kills"

    What I'm saying is that this isn't the case. Contrary to popular belief, survivors cleanse dull totems, so there's a 30-40% chance NOED won't even activate in red rank play. And as I said, it's usually cleansed pretty quickly if it does activate in my experience. It's not that "good killers don't run NOED", it's that good killers know to run better perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895789#Comment_895789

    What I'm saying is that this isn't the case. Contrary to popular belief, survivors cleanse dull totems, so there's a 30-40% chance NOED won't even activate in red rank play. And as I said, it's usually cleansed pretty quickly if it does activate in my experience. It's not that "good killers don't run NOED", it's that good killers know to run better perks.

    60-70% chance is pretty good. Also killers can protect totems. And with noed, you can protect totems while simultaneously getting kills. But you make a good point. If survivors could even finish gens in red ranks noed would see more play

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Thats not a noed hate or balance thread, I am simply asking why are YOU using noed, if you use it obviously. I personally and honestly dont like noed and would never use it because its way to crutch and braindead for me. Thats my personal opinion to that, However I can understand if ppl have reasons like "they are bad in this game, want to punish genrush etc". The reason "I am new to this killer and want to learn him" is not a option because you cant learn a killer if you immidiatly kill the survivor. Anyway, let me know and share your experiences!

    Its not a crutch perk, it's too weak to be called that lol, but a good genuine reason for it, punish gen rush and SFW (whom mostly gen rush) as gens can be done in 2:18 easy, that's not a long chase to keep a killer away from your team, no matter how good the killer is, noed for most killers Vs gen rushers can become almost essential cause only 4 killers are good enough without it against them and I've seen and done myself most gens in 2:18 except Vs and with these 4 (forever Freddy, distressing doctor, stridor spirit, nurse but only just) the rest are just not strong enough to cope the best the other killers can hope is ruin get them an extra 30 seconds, there use to be so many builds that could make killers be viable, but now survivors are too strong, I love being a killer but I hate not having many options and the 4 viable killers are in the firing line cause survivors can't bully them like the others (I know some of y'all going to claim hillbilly and cannibal but if you get downed by them then you deserve it they are actually quite pathetic, hillbilly has turning issues, cannibal you just keep in tight areas and know where vaults are, and for anyone about to defend other killers, huntress hitbox with throwing axe is too unreliable cause Devs too lazy to finally fix it, and even then, they aren't that hard to avoid and if hit into injured you have a massive lead at that point that it becomes more a hindrance as huntress, trapper, don't make me laugh he is weaker than legion, wraith, the solo player slayer but I haven't seen solo players for ages now so I give up with him but solo people yeah he works but only if they don't see you whilst "invisible", Myers, with 2 add ons he is ok but you'll be left with 1 gen to defend as a result of basically early noed and the add on isn't common enough to be reliable, ghost face, legion can actually stealth better than him, but with use of TR and power instead of no TR, pig, too slow, hag, too slow and other than for the name of toxic and occasional bad luck, have you seen her power work at purple or red? Demogorgon, might as well not even have a power, legion, yeah he can buy time, by losing more time, most useless power, even Demogorgon power is more useful, Oni, died before he was born by survivor mains these are summed up reasons, based on games as a killer and survivor

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893817#Comment_893817

    cleansing totems is not the objective of the game. I guess if survivors escape out hatch using a key you're to blame for not looking for hatch?

    Found someone who doesn't cleanse

  • Who? I cleanse every dull totem I see

  • @TatsuiChiyo

    I cleanse totems too xD ez points

  • Typically the only reason I'll slot in NOED is if Im freshly lvling up a killer and dont have anything better yet. With NOED being a general perk that has a tendency of popping up within the first 5 bloodwebs, and its tier 1 version being pretty much just as good as its tier 3 version... it makes sense. Apart from that, my only ACTUAL usage of NOED was for OG Freddy. I didnt like sticking to using double block addons to speed up the dream transition, and having to wait so long before being allowed to hit the guy currently opening the gate sucked. Because of NOED, I had a tendency of DOWNING someone right after the doors opened as opposed to just giving them a speed boost to freedom.

  • I don't use it as I have faith in my abilities. Well that and it's a Hex perk and we know those get cleansed immediately beyond level 20.

  • I honestly just don't. I don't enjoy hinging an important part of the game on a perk that might not even activate, and I have no way of knowing whether it will or not until that moment.

    I would generally just prefer a less effective perk that's active all game over one that has a very small window of value.

  • @anarchy753

    Well said! With this argument I preffer Pop goes the genrush over Ruin.

  • Just use it if your balls ask for it, no one is going to punish you, it's a perk from the game that is there to you to use it

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Thats not a noed hate or balance thread, I am simply asking why are YOU using noed, if you use it obviously. I personally and honestly dont like noed and would never use it because its way to crutch and braindead for me. Thats my personal opinion to that, However I can understand if ppl have reasons like "they are bad in this game, want to punish genrush etc". The reason "I am new to this killer and want to learn him" is not a option because you cant learn a killer if you immidiatly kill the survivor. Anyway, let me know and share your experiences!

    Noed prevents you from learning the killer because you go for chases not in your favor and pretty much make really stupid decisions I don't think I've ever seen a skilled noed gamer I never use noed and never will I play killer alot more than I do survivor tbh and I would never run noed and i wish the killers I go against as a survivor would give me the same respect but instead every killer runs noed and gets about 2 free kills from it that they wouldn't have got otherwise. Noed is for people who are bad at the game and so are keys.

  • Simply for the sake of making the endgame a little more interesting if the totems aren't cleansed.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @IceCreamPrincess

    To let you know how I think about that. All these perks you mentioned requiere something, a activation requierment or skill even borrowed time. All these perks cant carry you by doing nothing or even bad. The only perk with the same exception is adrenaline and I dont like this perk either.

    Ruin dont has a requierment but has a fairly easy and fast counterplay, noed HAS a easy and fair counterplay but it is really RNG. It depends on the map and totem spawns. And if you play alone it is even harder to cleanse all totems, and why should only your enemy worry about the counterplay and you have a very stressless mind about that?

    On every perk you have to think about, oh god I have to do that or that to get the effect but I feel good because I got the nice reward of the perk after doing it. But on noed its nothing like that.

    I use it because red ranked survivors simply do all the gens in 4-5 minutes, so I bring NOED because it's literally the only counter until the devs fix gen times.

  • @bigdaddyswang55

    I wouldnt write it like that but I kinda have the same view. I never saw a good killer with noed, every killer that has a good knowledge of the game dont wants to get there kills for free. You are right that noed prevents you from learning the killer and I agree to that. But you shouldnt call directly out that noed is for bad ppl. Some ppl that are to lazy or didnt played the game long enough to understand how to play right as Killer.

1 2 ›