Survivor Rank UI

Why did devs remove the ability to see your fellow survivor’s rank in the pregame lobby!?

Comments

  • Because this wasn't a feature, it was a bug. Not joking. Apparently they doesn't want us to dodge a lobby full of mixed rank survivors. Red rank survivors love playing with yellow and green ranks, doesn't they?

  • @aregularplayer said:

    Because this wasn't a feature, it was a bug. Not joking. Apparently they doesn't want us to dodge a lobby full of mixed rank survivors. Red rank survivors love playing with yellow and green ranks, doesn't they?

    The “bug” statement is 100% a lie. I don’t believe it for a second.

  • @Auron471 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887634#Comment_887634

    The “bug” statement is 100% a lie. I don’t believe it for a second.

    Read PTB patch notes.

  • Since I'm waiting for a lobby for the past 15 minutes, I took the time to copy paste it here (no excuses needed for not believing me)

    "Fixed an issue that caused Survivor ranks to be visible in the online lobby to other Survivors."

    So yes, bhvr really don't care about us solo survivors.

  • I don’t mean that you’re lying I think they devs are lying when they say it’s a bug

  • Man that’s so lame. If I saw a green or yellow rank survivor I knew to help them and heal them to make it easier for them. Now I have no clue what to expect of my teammates. I thought this was one of the best features they added. Apparently not.

  • @Spirez said:

    Man that’s so lame. If I saw a green or yellow rank survivor I knew to help them and heal them to make it easier for them. Now I have no clue what to expect of my teammates. I thought this was one of the best features they added. Apparently not.

    Me too. At the same time they buff solo by buffing Kindred and nerf again by removing the rank UI. Big BRUH moment.

  • That "bug" was such a great feature. It allowed solo survivors to make certain decisions based on that information. Either dodge (which is fine! Killers can dodge aswell and one survivor dodging won't make it much longer, there is always another survivor searching a lobby) or prepare for that.

    I usually prepared for that. If I see a poor baby Dwight on yellow or even brown ranks my goal was to keep THAT Dwight alive no matter what. I used perks to support him but also items and always took away the killer aggro of him.

    Not only had I fun and didn't took the match so serious since I knew we are kinda handicapped against a red rank killer (not knowing that you have a beginner in your team can tilt me when I see team mates throwing the game) but I also made sure that this baby Dwight a very good experience and feels like having good team mates carrying him. This would motivate him to keep playing DbD.

    This feature needs to come back. It came with MUCH more good than bad.

  • @Auron471 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887646#Comment_887646

    I don’t mean that you’re lying I think they devs are lying when they say it’s a bug

    I'm confused about how, with how it was placed, how clear it was, and how easily it fit in the spot, that this was a bug.

    Like... someone had to create the code to place a players rank above their character and have it so it was positioned and sized correctly to not cover any of the other information.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887666#Comment_887666

    I'm confused about how, with how it was placed, how clear it was, and how easily it fit in the spot, that this was a bug.

    Like... someone had to create the code to place a players rank above their character and have it so it was positioned and sized correctly to not cover any of the other information.

    These ranks show during custom games and I think party lobbies before joining a game. So they probably accidentally transferred it over.

  • Sign the bring it back forum post so the devs bring it back sorry but i dont wanna be with 2 rank 20s as a rank 7 just because they have a 7 to.

  • whenever games get rid of that feature (this is not the first ive seen) i immediately suspect that their matchmaking system is crap and it's their way to "fix" or stop the matchmaking complaints.

    I haven't played since the update. Do they still show you the levels after the match ends?

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887666#Comment_887666

    I'm confused about how, with how it was placed, how clear it was, and how easily it fit in the spot, that this was a bug.

    Like... someone had to create the code to place a players rank above their character and have it so it was positioned and sized correctly to not cover any of the other information.

    Of course, it wasn't a bug. It was either a feature they inadvertently activated and went live, or something they did on purpose and now they want to backtrack. Either way, the bug thing is just a convenient excuse. Bugs aren't so neat and polished; pay visit to a basement hook for proof.