yamaoka estate lighting changes are so good

im serious, please keep them, it looks dark and more atmospheric like it originally did

Comments

  • Show pics or it didn't happen.

  • I like the dark atmospheres for aesthetic purposes, but gameplay wise absolutely NOT. Yamaoka was already Blendette heaven. She is practically invisible in some spots of the map.

    I’ve always loved Yamaoka for aesthetic reasons, it looks beautiful. It’s one of my least favorites maps to play on though.

  • They should just display an "immersed" meter when you're putting on cosmetics. Dip below a certain point and you get a glowing aura overlay for the killer.

  • It looks good for aesthetic sure, but if you get plague or legion it is so hard to see. It needs to reverted.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    I like the dark atmospheres for aesthetic purposes, but gameplay wise absolutely NOT. Yamaoka was already Blendette heaven. She is practically invisible in some spots of the map.

    I’ve always loved Yamaoka for aesthetic reasons, it looks beautiful. It’s one of my least favorites maps to play on though.

    I feel like the lighting of maps should be different for killers. Like have the maps be atmospheric and darker for survivors, but give the killers the ability to see everything a bit brighter so survivors can't just disappear in certain areas.

  • @ygnea said:

    It looks good for aesthetic sure, but if you get plague or legion it is so hard to see. It needs to reverted.

    you might just have bad vision because I see them on that map just fine. its not nearly as bad as the new moon offerings, but still looks good

  • Nearly had a heart attack when GF pulled up on me while playing on the map... I love it!

  • @I_Eat_Worms said:

    im serious, please keep them, it looks dark and more atmospheric like it originally did

    How about no. It gets boring searching for people for like 6 minutes because they're nearly impossible to see.

  • I feel like the darkness should be seen on survivors side since should be a horror vibe for them. However when playing killer the lighting should be somewhat visible.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887148#Comment_887148

    Except that can be highly variable.

    A claudette might wear the darkest available cosmetics but then end up on Ormond, totally backfiring on Claudette.

    Oh yeah, how could I forget the 1-2 maps out of 50 where being a Blendette isn't a massive advantage?

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    I despise it.

    because you have bad vision and you know it